Vatican Urges Ex-Swiss Guard to Detai...

Vatican Urges Ex-Swiss Guard to Detail Gay Threat

There are 9 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 24, 2014, titled Vatican Urges Ex-Swiss Guard to Detail Gay Threat. In it, EDGE reports that:

A senior Vatican official has urged a former Swiss Guard commander to come forward with details about accusations that the gay culture in the Vatican posed a security threat to the pope.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

amp

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jan 24, 2014
Homosexuality poses a threat to all of mankind, not just the Pope.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#2 Jan 24, 2014
amp wrote:
Yes, there are three of us under your bed, and we know when you've been masturbating to photos of George W. Bush. We are coming to get you.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#5 Jan 24, 2014
amp wrote:
Because 7 billion is the threshhold for making the endangered species list?

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#7 Jan 24, 2014
Pierre wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur!
No, you "con cur". But why bring your mother into it?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 24, 2014
Pierre wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur!
Dumbass!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Jan 24, 2014
I don't think you guys are reading this correctly.

Consider this first:

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...

Now re-read the article.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#11 Jan 24, 2014
Nesbit wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
... your panties? Try using a napkin with your tampon.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#12 Jan 26, 2014
snyper wrote:
I don't think you guys are reading this correctly.
Consider this first:
http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...
Now re-read the article.
Brilliant:

"While detraction can cause great damage through telling the truth, calumny is, if anything, even worse, because it involves the telling of a lie (or of something that one believes to be a lie). You can engage in detraction without intending to do damage to the person you are discussing; but calumny is by definition malicious. The point of calumny is, at the very least, to lower the opinion one person has of another person.

Calumny can be even more subtle and insidious. The Catechism of the Catholic Church notes (para. 2477) that a person is guilty of calumny if he, "by remarks contrary to the truth, harms the reputation of others and gives occasion for false judgments concerning them." The person who engages in calumny does not even have to specify an untruth about another; all he has to do is place doubts about that person in the minds of others."

comparing that to:
He said he wouldn’t promote gay guards out of fear they might be disloyal.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Jan 26, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Brilliant:
"While detraction can cause great damage through telling the truth, calumny is, if anything, even worse, because it involves the telling of a lie (or of something that one believes to be a lie). You can engage in detraction without intending to do damage to the person you are discussing; but calumny is by definition malicious. The point of calumny is, at the very least, to lower the opinion one person has of another person.
Calumny can be even more subtle and insidious. The Catechism of the Catholic Church notes (para. 2477) that a person is guilty of calumny if he, "by remarks contrary to the truth, harms the reputation of others and gives occasion for false judgments concerning them." The person who engages in calumny does not even have to specify an untruth about another; all he has to do is place doubts about that person in the minds of others."
comparing that to:
He said he wouldn’t promote gay guards out of fear they might be disloyal.
I read it as the new administration ordering him to support his public statements, since it is too late to tell him to stfu. It has the flavor of "Who are you to be making public statements? Since you already have, now you must prove your words or face consequences."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Pope Scamsalot 646,732
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 1 hr sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
More from around the web