Catholic Church Continues Anti-Gay Inquisition In San Francisco

Jul 29, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 82

Pope Benedict XVI exemplified why more Americans are turning their backs on organized religion with the announcement that he was appointing Bishop Salvatore Cordileone as the Archbishop of San Francisco.

Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#71 Aug 24, 2012
No, most christians are not catholic; the RC is the single-largest sect, but the bulk of christians belong to the various other sects. And you may not have noticed, but not only do other sects not always agree with the vatican, but not all catholics do either. American cath0olics particularly object to many of the vatican's interpretations of the bible. Not to mention the difference between pre- and post-vatican 2.

There is a supercilious aspect to using the term same-sex "marriage". Those marriages that are legalized the the state are just as legitimate as any marriage you might have, or that your parents light have had.

Per the constitution, people don't get to vote on rights. There is no redefinition of marriage; only the access is being changed. Every SSM bears the same rights and responsibilities of every OSM.

I'm sure 99.9% of muslims would disagree with the idea that jesus was a deity. What's your point? Paul was insane (due to epilepsy) and contradicted jesus on many concepts. The supposed vision of jesus is actually a textbook example of a grand mal seizure.
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Most do agree. Most Christians are Catholic who have agreed on he essentials for nearly two thousand years.
<quoted text>
What can and cannot be a law is not controlled by what one group likes or dislikes. It is governed by the Constitution and the three branches of our government. People who oppose the redefinition of marriage have as much right to be heard as any other group. You might also note that same-sex "mariage" never been approved in a popular vote.
<quoted text>
I believe 99.9% of Christianity would disagree with you.

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

#72 Aug 25, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe lots of things that you can't back up. But don't expect anyone else to take your made-up-facts seriously.
In response to
cpeter1313 wrote:
Paul; was insane and even contradicts jesus on several points. He never even met jesus; it's only his word that there was any vision of him.
<quoted text>
I you should

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#73 Aug 25, 2012
That is: I think you should.

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#74 Aug 25, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, most christians are not catholic; the RC is the single-largest sect, but the bulk of christians belong to the various other sects. And you may not have noticed, but not only do other sects not always agree with the vatican, but not all catholics do either. <quoted text>
"The biggest problem in "proclaiming the gospel' is that nobody really agrees on hat it says, what is relevant, and what is not."

You are incorrect sir, 50.1%(and rising) of Christians are Catholic per Pew Global Research add to that 11.9% Othodox Christians who claim nearly identical views on what the Gospel message means gives about 62%.

Indianapolis

#75 Aug 25, 2012
And you missed he point--not all catholics agree on what thoe gospels mean.
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
"The biggest problem in "proclaiming the gospel' is that nobody really agrees on hat it says, what is relevant, and what is not."
You are incorrect sir, 50.1%(and rising) of Christians are Catholic per Pew Global Research add to that 11.9% Othodox Christians who claim nearly identical views on what the Gospel message means gives about 62%.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#76 Aug 25, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
In response to
<quoted text>
I you should
I have no use or belief in Paul, who seemed to "take over" Christianity and said far more about it than Jesus ever did. Paul does not sound like a loving person at all - he did not like women and only tolerated marriage. If he were alive today he'd probably be diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, a mental illness not to be taken lightly. He seemed like a very miserable and angry man. How dare he say more about Christianity than Jesus ever did! I bet Pat Robertson would be his best friend.
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#77 Aug 25, 2012
...PAUL....The ..GOOD,the bad,and the ...ugly...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#78 Aug 25, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
That is: I think you should.
I should what? Believe that Paul had a vision? Should I also believe that Joseph Smith had a vision? Why or why not? Or should I believe your statistic that I responded to: 99.9% of Christians would disagree about Saul's apostacy? I think you are quite wrong on that score.

Littleton, NH

#79 Aug 25, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
So do 100% of Roman Catholics agree with every dictum from the Vatican? I hardly think so.

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#80 Aug 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
And you missed he point--not all catholics agree on what thoe gospels mean.
<quoted text>
But yet again you get the facts wrong most Christians are in fact Catholic and profess to believe what the Church teaches. Some may differ on small issues. Most things are left to individual interpretation. Many have been misinformed as to what the Church actually teaches. But in the end most agree on the essentials.

You may also have noted that much like the USA, the Church is not a Democracy.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#81 Aug 26, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet again you get the facts wrong most Christians are in fact Catholic and profess to believe what the Church teaches. Some may differ on small issues. Most things are left to individual interpretation. Many have been misinformed as to what the Church actually teaches. But in the end most agree on the essentials.
It's people like you that make me fall down on my knees each nite and THANK GOD I'm a Lutheran.

Littleton, NH

#82 Aug 26, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean to say that Roman Catholicism is the largest sect of Christians? Or are you just trying to pass off your bogus imaginings as truth?

Indianapolis

#83 Aug 26, 2012
Which is why so many american catholics (the ones who are staying catholic, at least) use birth control, favor gay rights, and aren't marching against abortion. The pope's handling--and involvement in--the various rape and molestation scandals have alienated a lot of catholics here and abroad.

Catholic dogma may or may not be set in stone, but it's certainly taught differently from place to place. So again, catholics aren't in agreement on what it teaches or what the bible says. In fact, when I was growing up, we were taught that the OT was to be taken allegorically; now the vatican references it more and more, when it suits its agenda.

No, the vatican is not a democracy. Neither was the 3rd reich, where bennie got his managing tips.
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#86 Aug 28, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's people like you that make me fall down on my knees each nite and THANK GOD I'm a Lutheran.
Just stating the facts.

I understand how you feel. I thank God everyday that I joined the Catholic Church. I was raised Lutheran and enjoyed my time there.

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#87 Aug 28, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean to say that Roman Catholicism is the largest sect of Christians? Or are you just trying to pass off your bogus imaginings as truth?
Catholics in union with the Pope comprise just over 50% of Christians world wide. That group includes 23 (possibly 24 with the addition Anglican Use) different Rites.

Orthodox Churches make up another 14%.

From the Pew Report on Global Christianity from December 2011

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#88 Aug 28, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
So again, catholics aren't in agreement on what it teaches or what the bible says. In fact, when I was growing up, we were taught that the OT was to be taken allegorically; now the vatican references it more and more, when it suits its agenda.
<quoted text>
Do mean that there are sinners in the Catholic Church?

Certainly parts of the OT is allegory. There is also history, myth, poetry and song.
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, the vatican is not a democracy. Neither was the 3rd reich, where bennie got his managing tips.
<quoted text>
I love it when people bring up the Nazi Party, it makes their augments even more desperate.

Neither is the USA a democracy.

(and here comes my ridiculous argument)
But if you want to compare it to Nazi Germany let it be on your head.
(my idiotic use of the Nazi Party is now over)

Indianapolis

#89 Aug 28, 2012
Typical RCC lies. Unless they are members of the RCC, they don't consider themselves "in union with the pope." They let clergy marry, they allow for divorce, etc. You;re as bad as thew mormons who baptize dead people into the LDS regardless of what they believed in life.

And if you look around, a lot of catholics no longer consider themselves in union with the pope, either. There is a groundswell movement to create an american catholic church, with no ties to the vatican at all, in fact.
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics in union with the Pope comprise just over 50% of Christians world wide. That group includes 23 (possibly 24 with the addition Anglican Use) different Rites.
Orthodox Churches make up another 14%.
From the Pew Report on Global Christianity from December 2011

Indianapolis

#90 Aug 28, 2012
The entire bible is fiction; you can't even prove your jesus existed.

People bring up the nazi party because your pope BELONGED to it. The vatican is doing its best imitation of a lockstep reich; in the past, there was always room for debate. Tht is no longer the case, and you are a perfect example of it. Either you agree 100% with the pope or you aren't a true catholic. The vatican isn't a democracy, but it used to at least allow dissent.
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do mean that there are sinners in the Catholic Church?
Certainly parts of the OT is allegory. There is also history, myth, poetry and song.
<quoted text>
I love it when people bring up the Nazi Party, it makes their augments even more desperate.
Neither is the USA a democracy.
(and here comes my ridiculous argument)
But if you want to compare it to Nazi Germany let it be on your head.
(my idiotic use of the Nazi Party is now over)

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#91 Sep 1, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Typical RCC lies. Unless they are members of the RCC, they don't consider themselves "in union with the pope." They let clergy marry, they allow for divorce, etc.
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. There are 23 additional rites in union with Rome. Some allow clergy to marry prior to ordination. None allow it after ordination.
Orthodox churches have beliefs very similar to all 24 Cathilic rites in union with the Chair of Peter. Seven sacraments, regconition of each others ordination, belief in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist, Apostalic Succession to name a few of the core beliefs that they share.
Certainly there are some significant differences. Yet, the talks of reunification contiunue, and probably will for another generation or so.
cpeter1313 wrote:
And if you look around, a lot of catholics no longer consider themselves in union with the pope, either. There is a groundswell movement to create an american catholic church, with no ties to the vatican at all, in fact.
<quoted text>
There certainly are a few "american catholic" groups. There congrigations have "swelled" to nearly hundreds of people.

“Boot to the Head”

Mogadore, OH

#92 Sep 1, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
The entire bible is fiction; you can't even prove your jesus existed.
People bring up the nazi party because your pope BELONGED to it. The vatican is doing its best imitation of a lockstep reich; in the past, there was always room for debate. Tht is no longer the case, and you are a perfect example of it. Either you agree 100% with the pope or you aren't a true catholic. The vatican isn't a democracy, but it used to at least allow dissent.
<quoted text>
In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was taken away by the Nazi regime and killed during the Action T4 campaign of Nazi eugenics.[12] In 1943, while still in seminary, he was drafted into the German anti-aircraft corps as Luftwaffenhelfer (air force child soldier).

As to dissent, there is room for differnce of opinion on some issues while others are settled and cannot change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr hojo 545,193
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 10 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Lorenzo 8,333
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 16 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue Delilahblue 171
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Sep 29 Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Sep 29 Gapin Garrika 12

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE