Catholic Church Continues Anti-Gay Inquisition In San Francisco

Jul 29, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 82

Pope Benedict XVI exemplified why more Americans are turning their backs on organized religion with the announcement that he was appointing Bishop Salvatore Cordileone as the Archbishop of San Francisco.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mikey

Walpole, MA

#1 Jul 29, 2012
Good..the sooner religion is gone, the more peaceful mankind will be. Think of all the cruelty performed in the name of religion over the centuries, and it's rather hard to defend it.
Fitz

Mount Clemens, MI

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Mikey wrote:
Good..the sooner religion is gone, the more peaceful mankind will be. Think of all the cruelty performed in the name of religion over the centuries, and it's rather hard to defend it.
Compared to the 100 million plus people killed in this century at the hands of expressley atheistic regimes....Religion is a pussycat.
Troy

Pekin, IL

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Turning their backs on homosexual priests nearly bankrupted the Catholic Church.

The article is completely paranoid. The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms. No truly Christian church can ever ignore this fact.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.
1 Kings 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.
1 Kings 22:46 And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land.
2 Kings 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Jul 29, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to the 100 million plus people killed in this century at the hands of expressley atheistic regimes....Religion is a pussycat.
Really? The Islamic jihadists a pussycats?
Fitz

Grosse Pointe, MI

#5 Jul 29, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The Islamic jihadists a pussycats?
Compared to atheism yes....even Islamic Jihadists cant hold a cadel to them.. Iran is a Islamic state & so is Saudi Arabia. Woud you rather live their or the former Soviet Union, or Mao's China or Pol Pots Cambodia?

And wich regime is more likley to take your life or stick you in prison?

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Jul 29, 2012
Shouldn't the City Of San Fransisco be forced to change their name because it's named after a Roman Catholic saint, and that's a violation of the separation of church and state ?

Littleton, NH

#7 Jul 29, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to atheism yes....even Islamic Jihadists cant hold a cadel to them.. Iran is a Islamic state & so is Saudi Arabia. Woud you rather live their or the former Soviet Union, or Mao's China or Pol Pots Cambodia?
And wich regime is more likley to take your life or stick you in prison?
Which regime ism more likely to feature your stoning as half-time entertainment at the soccer game? And given the relative populations, even Mao was far more benign than the Islamic regimes. And he did feed the people.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jul 29, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Which regime ism more likely to feature your stoning as half-time entertainment at the soccer game? And given the relative populations, even Mao was far more benign than the Islamic regimes. And he did feed the people.
They're all mass murderers. The exact number murdered hardly matters when you reach their level of genocide. matters
david traversa

Argentina

#9 Jul 29, 2012
They've been practicing for two millenniums now..

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Jul 30, 2012
I'm not catholic nor do I believe in any of their foolishness yet they seem to think they have some authority to control my life. But then this has been the same story for more than two thousand years.

Even Jesus didn't like these guys all that much. Read about the Pharisees in your bible they were the goons from the church of Rome which is known today as the Roman Catholic church. Not much has changed except today they can't get away with murdering those who refuse to be catholic.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 30, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much about the catholic church I see. The catholic church over the centuries has been responsible for hundreds of millions of murders, that's just the catholic church. I would even feel safe saying that over the past two thousand years the catholic church has been responsible for more than a billion murders. When the catholics held their inquisitions often times that meant there was going to be a mass murder take place. How they pulled this off was influencing governments that certain people in society were putting that governments control and social order in danger. Sounds quite familiar doesn't it.

I hope you are not including Adolph Hitler in your list of "atheistic" regimes because Hitler did not hide the fact that what he was doing was in god's name.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#12 Jul 30, 2012
Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much about the catholic church I see. The catholic church over the centuries has been responsible for hundreds of millions of murders, that's just the catholic church. I would even feel safe saying that over the past two thousand years the catholic church has been responsible for more than a billion murders. When the catholics held their inquisitions often times that meant there was going to be a mass murder take place. How they pulled this off was influencing governments that certain people in society were putting that governments control and social order in danger. Sounds quite familiar doesn't it.
I hope you are not including Adolph Hitler in your list of "atheistic" regimes because Hitler did not hide the fact that what he was doing was in god's name.
Hitler was a very famous man. Why can't you spell a simple name like "Adolf" correctly ???

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#13 Jul 30, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
Shouldn't the City Of San Fransisco be forced to change their name because it's named after a Roman Catholic saint, and that's a violation of the separation of church and state ?
Be quiet. Saint Francis was one of the COOL ones. he was patron saint to the animals. What could be better than that?

Palm Springs, California

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wanna know.
Does ANYTHING not annoy you? I happen to think most animals are far cooler than a lot of people I meet on these sites. The St. Francis statues always show him feeding birds and lambs and I find that charming. Sorry if you hate animals. No wonder stray cats and dogs disappear around your house. I shudder to think of your little cat and squirrel grave yard set up in your yard, behind the camper shell and boxes of bicycle parts.

Palm Springs, California

#18 Jul 30, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
You leave the Jews outta this.
How nice of you to defend me for once.
Fitz

Mount Clemens, MI

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice "guestamation" - now try providing some actuall documentation or proof of your wild and prejudiced acusations!

No mass murders at all...zero.

Sorry kid.

Littleton, NH

#21 Jul 30, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice "guestamation" - now try providing some actuall documentation or proof of your wild and prejudiced acusations!
Sorry kid.
Okay, jalene's numbers were highly exaggerated. But yours is just a damned lie.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#22 Jul 30, 2012
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry kid.
The fact that the Roman Catholic Church is responsible for mass murders is obvious and beyond question. Or are you a Holocause Denier too ?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27 Aug 11, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Does ANYTHING not annoy you? I happen to think most animals are far cooler than a lot of people I meet on these sites. The St. Francis statues always show him feeding birds and lambs and I find that charming. Sorry if you hate animals. No wonder stray cats and dogs disappear around your house. I shudder to think of your little cat and squirrel grave yard set up in your yard, behind the camper shell and boxes of bicycle parts.
Animals ARE generally better than most people :) That's why my husband and I just joined the Humane Society with a monthly donation. And we're proud to do so.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#28 Aug 11, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals ARE generally better than most people :) That's why my husband and I just joined the Humane Society with a monthly donation. And we're proud to do so.
I wouldn't say they "generally" are, they ABSOLUTELY ARE.(That's one reason I have 4 cats I adopted form the streets, including a handicaped cat.)

Animals live and act according to the nature God blessed them with. They don't start wars. They don't commit murder.

That's why I'm a strict vegetarian.

KILL PEOPLE ! NOT ANIMALS !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 548,471
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 10 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE