Pope Francis reaches out to gays, say...

Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

There are 250 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 29, 2013, titled Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#154 Aug 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Pope Francis is the head of the illuminati. Of course he is a homosexual, and no doubt he will burn in hell, just like the other popes ( satanists ).
Pope Francis is the false prophet and a satanic pedophile.
Gay = Got AIDS Yet ?
Did you ever play Monopoly? Did you save your get out of jail free cards.

Now, to paraphrase the words of Hulk Hogan "whatcha gonna do when JudgementDay-mania runs wild on you?”

Matthew 25:31-46
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Jesus talked of forgiveness, not making a religion out of finger pointing and keeping lists of others sins.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#155 Aug 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanic homosexual weddings got voted down two times by the people. Then the governor said our vote did not count and nullified our vote. The next election people just stopped voting, and so it passed.
Did you notice that the governor got cursed. Her husband came down with colon cancer as soon as she backed the satanic homosexual weddings.
She has chosen to curse her family and the state. The pope is just a false prophet and a pedophile idol worshipper. The catholic church is the head of the Illuminati. They take money now and burn later - forever.
Anyone who would listen to the evil pope is an absolute fool. He is GODS enemy. He will burn in hell for his crimes.
That is my humble opinion.
Calling other people "fools" never made someone smarter. Except in their own mind.

"Going to church doesn't make you any more a Christian than going to a garage makes you a car. Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.

Your words mean nothing if your actions are the complete opposite. Having true faith in whatever you believe must be shown through actions; belief is only half the battle.

"Those who don't have anything else going for them can live on hate for a long time. It is their main motivating spirit."
~ J. Pearsall

Its bad manners to say “I love you” with a mouth full of lies.
-Seen on Facebook

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#156 Aug 1, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're living in the New Testament, why did you quote the Old Testament verses on July 29? I know, it's because it fit your agenda. Did you skip over the part that says you will be judged in the same manner as you judge others? Here, I copied it down for you: For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.(Matthew 7:2 NIV).
"Those who don't have anything else going for them can live on hate for a long time. It is their main motivating spirit."
~ J. Pearsall

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#157 Aug 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Sorry about that, Topix likes to break links I post for some bizarre reason.
http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-...
Trying again, it's the second John Jay report to the USCCB on the causes and context of the abuse. You have a lot to unlearn.
Just in case others don't know, USCCB stands for the UNited States Conference of Catholic Bishops which is the group responsible for closing all the adoption agencies run by Associated Catholic Charities because they didn't want to have to play by the same rules the rest of us have to follow when we accept taxpayer subsidies to help pay our salaries.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#158 Aug 1, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it makes sense to you that the Holy One would create something and then condemn it? This is indeed the enemy of your souls outlook.
If you were MADE so, then the Holy WOrd of Messiah, Creator, would address this sexual sin as Natural. The Greek, Hebrew, English. etc... SCRiptures, kept by the Jewish Nation over Centuries (God's Chosen Race)says otherwise. No matter how you want to worship men.(As in this Poop above, Francis)
Your instant gratification will not Trump your ETErnal Soul now will it?
Again, you are making God fit your religion. He came before your religion, before all. It is man (you and others like you) who make God into a hypocrite by taking His word literally and out of context. You are the ignorant one.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#159 Aug 1, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Just in case others don't know, USCCB stands for the UNited States Conference of Catholic Bishops which is the group responsible for closing all the adoption agencies run by Associated Catholic Charities because they didn't want to have to play by the same rules the rest of us have to follow when we accept taxpayer subsidies to help pay our salaries.
Beautiful.

You were griping yesterday about them acting/thinking they were above the law.

They close their operations as to not run afoul of their faith nor the law, and you still complain.
polabo

Natchitoches, LA

#160 Aug 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone can quote a Bible sweetie, I do all the time and I'm not even Christian. I seriously doubt that you are God and any claim to be speaking on his behalf has to be taken with a pillar of salt at this point. Your holier than thou act, not the least bit Christlike. I've read the book, by the way. Here's my favorite reminder for folk, such as yourself.
Matthew 7:15-23
King James Version (KJV)
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-----
And I know my fruit.
I kind of like the verse's about sodomites--love the sinner but not the sin!!

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#162 Aug 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanic homosexual weddings got voted down two times by the people. Then the governor said our vote did not count and nullified our vote. The next election people just stopped voting, and so it passed.
Did you notice that the governor got cursed. Her husband came down with colon cancer as soon as she backed the satanic homosexual weddings.
She has chosen to curse her family and the state. The pope is just a false prophet and a pedophile idol worshipper. The catholic church is the head of the Illuminati. They take money now and burn later - forever.
Anyone who would listen to the evil pope is an absolute fool. He is GODS enemy. He will burn in hell for his crimes.
That is my humble opinion.
SpoT ON!

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#163 Aug 1, 2013
The problem with using the Bible to condemn homosexuality is that in Biblical days there was no such thing as gays and lesbians. They thought people who had sex with same sex partners were heterosexuals. It wasn't until thousands of years later that the term for us came about and that we exist in our own right and not as heteros have sex with same sex partners.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#164 Aug 1, 2013
Catholic created gay wrote:
The problem with using the Bible to condemn homosexuality is that in Biblical days there was no such thing as gays and lesbians. They thought people who had sex with same sex partners were heterosexuals. It wasn't until thousands of years later that the term for us came about and that we exist in our own right and not as heteros have sex with same sex partners.
Actually, both words were coined circa 1892, so people in Biblical times didn't think in either term.
polabo

Natchitoches, LA

#165 Aug 1, 2013
what would be a sodomite!

“MARRIAGE EQUALITY IS HERE, BUT”

Since: Aug 08

THE FIGHT IS NOT DONE!!!

#166 Aug 1, 2013
Exactly and this was worth a second post......rAmen:-)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#167 Aug 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly and this was worth a second post......rAmen:-)
Actually, both words were coined circa 1892, so people in Biblical times didn't think in either term.

Also worth a second post.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#168 Aug 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful.
You were griping yesterday about them acting/thinking they were above the law.
They close their operations as to not run afoul of their faith nor the law, and you still complain.
WRONG. I am not complaining. Stating facts is always an attack with you folks.

Then you come along and prove they had to close because they couldn't wiggle around the law.

Brilliant.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#169 Aug 1, 2013
In the immortal words of Nijoni:
"SPOT ON"

LMAO

Loved how Chuck, Nijoni and so many others keep saying the RCC has to protect it's faith by ignoring 103 verses of the Bible!

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#170 Aug 1, 2013
Romans 1:26-27

www.roysecitycoc.org

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#171 Aug 1, 2013
polabo wrote:
<quoted text>what would be a sodomite!
NOPE.

Look at Kings 1 Kings 15:12

http://biblehub.com/1_kings/15-12.htm

http://biblehub.com/1_kings/14-24.htm

To insist people follow your truth when your own religions can't agree and your own texts can't agree on defining "truth" shows what a deceptive person you & Chuck really are.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#173 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Again, you are making God fit your religion. He came before your religion, before all. It is man (you and others like you) who make God into a hypocrite by taking His word literally and out of context. You are the ignorant one.
I am not even talking about Religion. YOU are. You can accept Messiah and have a relationship with your Creator. Not at all the same things. One is from man, the other is G-d's way.
The reason the Jews no longer sacrifice?
Christ is the Sacrifice. WOuld of died if only for you. Died for all-those who wish a relationship find it thru Messiah. Y'shua
End of Story. No ifs, ands or sweetie...

“MARRIAGE EQUALITY IS HERE, BUT”

Since: Aug 08

THE FIGHT IS NOT DONE!!!

#174 Aug 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Also worth a second post.
True......but then that's why what people claim the bible says is total BS!!!

Since: Aug 13

Albany, OR

#175 Aug 1, 2013
The Catholic Church is dead wrong on the subject sin is sin and they know that. I don't see how they can participate and not call sin for what it is being gay is sin. God will judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 596,817
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 1 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 15
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 9,541
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... Jul 4 Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
More from around the web