Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

Full story: The Washington Post

Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.
Comments
121 - 140 of 250 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2013

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
You do realize that only a few years ago, your condition was also listed as queer and perverse in these same guides and reports you wish now to use to further your cause. PC BS is hardly Truth. Wanna spin again?
Crazy and stupid, great lifestyle choices dear.
Nijoni wrote:

If your lifestyle is so great, why are you on here pounding everyone to accept it? It is not natural to need your anus stitched up due to abuse. Many things ya'll do is totally against your own bodies. Against natural and spiritual laws. Scream as loud as you can and find others to agree and all your tactics...still won't altar the Truth in the Bible one little iota. Sexual sin won't open Heavens gates... and Hallelujah for that!
Buttercup, your acceptance is neither sought nor necessary and it makes it all the more fun that it pisses you off. Thanks for playing, but you're dismissed.
Chuck

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis is the head of the illuminati. Of course he is a homosexual, and no doubt he will burn in hell, just like the other popes ( satanists ).

Pope Francis is the false prophet and a satanic pedophile.

Gay = Got AIDS Yet ?
Chuck

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.

Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

The pope is a liar and a false prophet. He has condemned himself to hell. The pope is just another Illuminati homosexual pedophile. The pope is the enemy of GOD.
Chuck

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck = got stupid
The pope is the enemy of GOD. He is a false prophet. The pope is on his way to hell.

I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
You are entitled to your religious beliefs......however other's are entitled to their religious beliefs and your beliefs do NOT trump theirs!!!!
Chuck

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>must have really pissed you off when gay marriage passed here in Washington... awwwwh what a shame
Satanic homosexual weddings got voted down two times by the people. Then the governor said our vote did not count and nullified our vote. The next election people just stopped voting, and so it passed.

Did you notice that the governor got cursed. Her husband came down with colon cancer as soon as she backed the satanic homosexual weddings.

She has chosen to curse her family and the state. The pope is just a false prophet and a pedophile idol worshipper. The catholic church is the head of the Illuminati. They take money now and burn later - forever.

Anyone who would listen to the evil pope is an absolute fool. He is GODS enemy. He will burn in hell for his crimes.

That is my humble opinion.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
Pope Francis is the head of the illuminati. Of course he is a homosexual, and no doubt he will burn in hell, just like the other popes ( satanists ).
Pope Francis is the false prophet and a satanic pedophile.
Gay = Got AIDS Yet ?
Hey OH great stupid sheeple! The vast majority of AID's cases world wide are of a heterosexual nature! Now what you sick POS? Oh and take that bible and shove it where the "SON" don't shine,we live in a secular nation and NOT a theocracy! So I take it that you follow Leviticus to the letter right? Funny that your gay Jesus never said word one about gays huh! Must not have been to important to him! D-U-H!
For the truth about the bible click here!

evilbible.com
polabo

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make you the toughest guy in Louisiana..:)
thanks--nice complement from an idiot--

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
Living in the New Testament. The same NT That condemns sexual sin, and that includes men on men,etc. Also known as homosexuality. Used to be considered PC to call it queer. Psychologists called it queer. Odd and Unnatural behavior.

If it is not Heaven you seek, it is not Heaven you will find.
Beating others into acceptance of your un natural behavior gets you only that in life. In Eternal, spiritual life- the truth does not change.
If you're living in the New Testament, why did you quote the Old Testament verses on July 29? I know, it's because it fit your agenda. Did you skip over the part that says you will be judged in the same manner as you judge others? Here, I copied it down for you: For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.(Matthew 7:2 NIV).
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

"For this is a rebellious people, false sons, sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD; Who say to the seers, "You must not see visions"; And to the prophets, "You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions." Isaiah 30:9,10
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Interesting!

I thought most catholic priests were "gay"?

It's a well established fact many perfere the sexual company of young boy's.

Cyril the atheist.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanic homosexual weddings got voted down two times by the people. Then the governor said our vote did not count and nullified our vote. The next election people just stopped voting, and so it passed.
Did you notice that the governor got cursed. Her husband came down with colon cancer as soon as she backed the satanic homosexual weddings.
She has chosen to curse her family and the state. The pope is just a false prophet and a pedophile idol worshipper. The catholic church is the head of the Illuminati. They take money now and burn later - forever.
Anyone who would listen to the evil pope is an absolute fool. He is GODS enemy. He will burn in hell for his crimes.
That is my humble opinion.
You sound a little nuts.
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Brit Expat wrote:
Interesting!
I thought most catholic priests were "gay"?
It's a well established fact many perfere the sexual company of young boy's.
Cyril the atheist.
I wonder how many young Argentinian boys he sodomized when he was a priest, archbishop, and cardinal.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
"For this is a rebellious people, false sons, sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD; Who say to the seers, "You must not see visions"; And to the prophets, "You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions." Isaiah 30:9,10
Anyone can quote a Bible sweetie, I do all the time and I'm not even Christian. I seriously doubt that you are God and any claim to be speaking on his behalf has to be taken with a pillar of salt at this point. Your holier than thou act, not the least bit Christlike. I've read the book, by the way. Here's my favorite reminder for folk, such as yourself.

Matthew 7:15-23

King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-----
And I know my fruit.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Brit Expat wrote:
Cyril the atheist.
http://www.usccb.org/issues-an d-action/child-and-youth-prote ction/upload/The-Causes-and-Co ntext-of-Sexual-Abuse-of-Minor s-by-Catholic-Priests-in-the-U nited-States-1950-2010.pdf

It's amazing how wrong "established facts" can be sometimes dear. You really have no clue as to what actually happened. It's a long read, but you really should find out just how badly brainwashed you are.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Sorry about that, Topix likes to break links I post for some bizarre reason.

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-...

Trying again, it's the second John Jay report to the USCCB on the causes and context of the abuse. You have a lot to unlearn.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>You sound a little nuts.
A little?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

"Do not be deceived! Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit The Kingdom of GOD. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in The Name of the LORD Jesus and by the Spirit of our GOD" (1 Cor. 6:9-11).

And -

"Follow GOD'S Example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to GOD."

"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for GOD'S holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in The Kingdom of Christ and of GOD. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things GOD'S wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them."

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the LORD. Live as children of Light (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the LORD. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the Light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a Light. This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,

rise from the dead,

and Christ will shine on you.”

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
Ephesians 5:1-15

And again in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." Ch. 21 vs 6-8

He said to me:“It is done. I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their GOD and they will be My children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
"Do not be deceived! Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit The Kingdom of GOD. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in The Name of the LORD Jesus and by the Spirit of our GOD" (1 Cor. 6:9-11).
And -
"Follow GOD'S Example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to GOD."
"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for GOD'S holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in The Kingdom of Christ and of GOD. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things GOD'S wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them."
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the LORD. Live as children of Light (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the LORD. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the Light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a Light. This is why it is said:
“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
Ephesians 5:1-15
And again in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." Ch. 21 vs 6-8
He said to me:“It is done. I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their GOD and they will be My children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
The Pope's statements were in line with:

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I assume you find Jesus Christ to be a credible source, yes?

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy and stupid, great lifestyle choices dear.<quoted text>Buttercup, your acceptance is neither sought nor necessary and it makes it all the more fun that it pisses you off. Thanks for playing, but you're dismissed.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Man creates his own demons from the part of him what’s closest to his animal fears. He takes them to bed with him, and they lie down together for a fit-filled sleep.
-Waddie Greywolf

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••