Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#86 Jul 31, 2013
Devil Anse wrote:
<quoted text>
So then don't be catholic. Another ignorant female.
I forgot to mention one pertaining to how money to the Catholic Church is more important and revered more than the bible, and reveal their hypocrisy. Earlier this year there was a lawsuit against a Catholic hospital. A woman had a miscarriage due to the carelessness and a mistake on the part of a doctor working there. The main element of the suit was wrongful death. Do you know how the Catholic Church responded in court to fight the suit? They stated (in court and on court record) that the baby was not a baby and not a human being due to it not being born yet.

Ummmmmmmmmm, just a thought, but aren't the Catholics fighting against a woman's right of free-choice (the church against abortion) by saying life begins at the moment of conception? But if money is involved they suddenly claim it doesn't?

Can you spell the word hypocrites?

#87 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"the death of women during child birth (third-world nations have a serious problem with this due to lack of doctors and proper maternity care)."
Condoms and BC pills make doctors trained in maternity care appear?
Really?
You're fishing.

What condoms and birth contol do is stop the spread of diseases and prevents pregnancy in women with serious heath problems that they have in remote third-world areas. Not having doctors in those areas increases the problems. Look up the death rate for those places.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#88 Jul 31, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention one pertaining to how money to the Catholic Church is more important and revered more than the bible, and reveal their hypocrisy. Earlier this year there was a lawsuit against a Catholic hospital. A woman had a miscarriage due to the carelessness and a mistake on the part of a doctor working there. The main element of the suit was wrongful death. Do you know how the Catholic Church responded in court to fight the suit? They stated (in court and on court record) that the baby was not a baby and not a human being due to it not being born yet.
Ummmmmmmmmm, just a thought, but aren't the Catholics fighting against a woman's right of free-choice (the church against abortion) by saying life begins at the moment of conception? But if money is involved they suddenly claim it doesn't?
Can you spell the word hypocrites?
LOL.

The legal matter was in a Colorado court, not a canon law court.

Co. state law is what it is. The Archdiocese wasn't happy with the defense, but their lawyers are bound to defend them. They have to apply Colorado law in Colorado.

Speaking of hypocrites, didn't you complain earlier that you think the Church is trying to force their beliefs onto others? Now, when the law properly overrides their beliefs as in the court case, you're complaining about that?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#89 Jul 31, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fishing.
What condoms and birth contol do is stop the spread of diseases and prevents pregnancy in women with serious heath problems that they have in remote third-world areas. Not having doctors in those areas increases the problems. Look up the death rate for those places.
Yeah, I'm the one fishing. The only thing you haven't blamed the Catholic Church for is when your order at Burger King gets messed up at the drive-thru, but I'M fishing.

Tell me how having condoms on hand makes the doctors more plentiful.

#90 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Co. state law is what it is. The Archdiocese wasn't happy with the defense, but their lawyers are bound to defend them. They have to apply Colorado law in Colorado.
Speaking of hypocrites, didn't you complain earlier that you think the Church is trying to force their beliefs onto others? Now, when the law properly overrides their beliefs as in the court case, you're complaining about that?
Whether in State court or canon, the Catholic Church's arguement in court was unless a baby is born and took a breath outside a woman's body it is not a baby or humanbeing, it's only cells.

Are you that brainwashed by the Church that you can no longer see reality if the word religion is used?

That's the great danger of religion. If the words religion, God, or bible are used it wipes away people's common sense and can cause them to do things like take rights and freedoms from everyone. It caused normal hard-working people to do things like allow and participate in the brutal torture and burning alive of as many as 6,000,000 women under accusations of witchcraft in Europe. It caused people to torture the Jewish in church dungeons to covert them to Christianity. Plus many other mas killings. Why? Becuase if the word God is used people lose the ability to think in a reasonable frame of mind.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#91 Jul 31, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether in State court or canon, the Catholic Church's arguement in court was unless a baby is born and took a breath outside a woman's body it is not a baby or humanbeing, it's only cells.
Are you that brainwashed by the Church that you can no longer see reality if the word religion is used?
That's the great danger of religion. If the words religion, God, or bible are used it wipes away people's common sense and can cause them to do things like take rights and freedoms from everyone. It caused normal hard-working people to do things like allow and participate in the brutal torture and burning alive of as many as 6,000,000 women under accusations of witchcraft in Europe. It caused people to torture the Jewish in church dungeons to covert them to Christianity. Plus many other mas killings. Why? Becuase if the word God is used people lose the ability to think in a reasonable frame of mind.
They were in State court in a civil trial.

The laws of the State apply in civil trials.

And that's it.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#92 Jul 31, 2013
polabo wrote:
<quoted text>sounds stupid if u can't love a wo-man but prefer being corn-holed--and then get mad if someone points that out--always did say if ur going to be stupid-u better be tough--
That would make you the toughest guy in Louisiana..:)

#93 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm the one fishing. The only thing you haven't blamed the Catholic Church for is when your order at Burger King gets messed up at the drive-thru, but I'M fishing.
Are you trolling me? You cannot be that dumb.

Condoms help stop the spread of diseases, only one of which is AIDS. It keeps women (and men) from catching them as easily. Not becoming pregnant (due to using the pill) helps save the lives of women with serious health problems who would otherwise die in child birth (it occurs often in remote third-world areas). That has nothing to do with doctors other than those areas have a serious lack of them which compounds the need for the use of condoms and birth control under the circumstances women face in those places.

But what does the Catholic Church do? Sends people into those areas and teaches that use of condoms and birth contol is a sin. They kill people with those teachings.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#94 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing like a completely disingenuous non-sequitur for a serious question..
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#95 Jul 31, 2013
This seems to be Dan's argument re: birth control and health issues in remote areas of the world:

Taking a preventative pill prevents illness.

Illnesses require doctors to treat them.

Therefore, taking a pill causes doctors to appear.

In what world is that logical, Dan?:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#96 Jul 31, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing like a completely disingenuous non-sequitur for a serious question..
She linked condoms with a doctor shortage, not me.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#97 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Please explain the moral compass of a group of people who buy insurance to protect their money and property from claims of child rape. Where is that found in the Bible?

Is it somewhere in the Daily Missal?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#98 Jul 31, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trolling me? You cannot be that dumb.
Condoms help stop the spread of diseases, only one of which is AIDS. It keeps women (and men) from catching them as easily. Not becoming pregnant (due to using the pill) helps save the lives of women with serious health problems who would otherwise die in child birth (it occurs often in remote third-world areas). That has nothing to do with doctors other than those areas have a serious lack of them which compounds the need for the use of condoms and birth control under the circumstances women face in those places.
But what does the Catholic Church do? Sends people into those areas and teaches that use of condoms and birth contol is a sin. They kill people with those teachings.
There are more condoms in Africa than there are people, yet Africa retains it's status as world leader with 23% of HIV/AIDS cases.

They aren't getting used. Ignorance is the killer.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#99 Jul 31, 2013
chisholm wrote:
This seems to be Dan's argument re: birth control and health issues in remote areas of the world:
Jenny's world.

She made the link between condoms and a doctor shortage.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#100 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain the moral compass of a group of people who buy insurance to protect their money and property from claims of child rape. Where is that found in the Bible?
Is it somewhere in the Daily Missal?
Well, there isn't ANY insurance of any kind mentioned in the Bible.

You don't have any qualms about general liability insurance, do you? Your church has liability insurance, without any doubt.

I hope not, as those policies written until the mid-1980's provided a lot of the settlement funds for victims.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#101 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to give credit where it's due. You have done a wonderful job explaining why you think Catholics have special rights.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#102 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have to give credit where it's due. You have done a wonderful job explaining why you think Catholics have special rights.
I'm not tracking you here.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#103 Jul 31, 2013
chisholm wrote:
Hey remember how all the anti gays kept claiming that if SSM passes ministers would face fines and imprisonment for practicing their beliefs?

Well hold on to your hat.

In Indiana if a minister performs a same sex blessing he faces fines and imprisonment!

Penalties await gay couples trying to marry in Indiana

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-p...

"A 1997 state law declares it a Class D felony to submit false information on a marriage license application or lie about the physical condition, including gender, of a marriage license applicant....The law also penalizes a clergyman, judge, mayor, city clerk or town clerk-treasurer who solemnizes a marriage between two people of the same gender. Those who conduct a gay marriage ceremony can be charged with a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000."

http://www.topix.com/religion/2013/07/penalti...

The Family Values folks always claimed they stood for religious freedom. When did they decide a minister or priest blessing two people was a crime?

Answer: 1997!

#104 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have to give credit where it's due. You have done a wonderful job explaining why you think Catholics have special rights.
They even got the Vatican declared it's own official nation. It is free from any laws governing everyone else.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#105 Jul 31, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
They even got the Vatican declared it's own official nation. It is free from any laws governing everyone else.
Like the US or any other sovereign state has their own laws?

Churches in the US are under local diocesan control.

You sound like someone who wouldn't have voted for Kennedy in 1960 because he was a "papist".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min truth 543,042
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••