Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip. Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#246 Aug 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>"John" is not a valid source.
False

Try again

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#247 Aug 6, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
False
Try again
Who wrote "John"?

Since: Aug 13

Albany, OR

#249 Aug 7, 2013
The pope is a sinner just like the rest of us. Being gay is totally against scripture and the pope is wrong.

Since: Aug 13

Albany, OR

#250 Aug 7, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>Ironically Matthew 7:1 is where he said not to judge others.
People don't have to judge others God has already. His word says that sin is sin. We do have the right to call sin what it is. The church has been silent too long we need to come together and speak up.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#251 Aug 7, 2013
Kerry2013 wrote:
The pope is a sinner just like the rest of us. Being gay is totally against scripture and the pope is wrong.
The Pope is wrong?

We are to judge each other?

Hmm.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#252 Aug 8, 2013
Kerry2013 wrote:
Jesus?
Is that you?

If not, your proclamations from on high that the Pope is "wrong" and "being gay is (like) totally against scripture", would be pretty darn silly. Frankie has 1.2 odd billion Catholics in more or less agreement that he has the moral authority to speak on God's behalf and you?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#253 Aug 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus?
Is that you?
If not, your proclamations from on high that the Pope is "wrong" and "being gay is (like) totally against scripture", would be pretty darn silly. Frankie has 1.2 odd billion Catholics in more or less agreement that he has the moral authority to speak on God's behalf and you?
We don't believe that the Pope speaks for God.

Thanks.

I disagreed with the guy's post also, but felt it necessary to clarify yours.

Thanks
Brit Expat

Nīmes, France

#254 Aug 8, 2013
Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests!

LMFAO. Well he would, would'nt he? What's new?

Cyril the atheist.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#255 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie has 1.2 billion misled sinners that worship idols. He has NO moral authority. Not from G-d anyway. SHeep that worship him are not representative of Messiah or Scripture. As if numbers made ones in authority right. What Planet did you fall off of?

Hitler had over two million followers and more Worldwide, you think he had some Moral authority as well?
Millions even bought that he was the CHrist, or didn't you know this?
Great analogy, HItler and the Pope. SInce they collaborated against the Jews, they have much in common. SInce both the Vatican and Hitler are known for their many Genocides...Bingo.
You are just another puppet for the blind leading the blind, Rick in kansas.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#256 Aug 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus?
Is that you?
What a ludicrous fool. As IF God was elected by the populace.
Brit Expat

Nīmes, France

#257 Aug 8, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
Frankie has 1.2 billion misled sinners that worship idols. He has NO moral authority. Not from G-d anyway. SHeep that worship him are not representative of Messiah or Scripture. As if numbers made ones in authority right. What Planet did you fall off of?
Hitler had over two million followers and more Worldwide, you think he had some Moral authority as well?
Millions even bought that he was the CHrist, or didn't you know this?
Great analogy, HItler and the Pope. SInce they collaborated against the Jews, they have much in common. SInce both the Vatican and Hitler are known for their many Genocides...Bingo.
You are just another puppet for the blind leading the blind, Rick in kansas.
Not to mention the United States Government? ZIONIST controlled, Vietnam/Iraq/ Afghanistan ect ect. They just call it collateral damage.

Cyril the atheist.

Royse City

#258 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>The Pope is wrong?

We are to judge each other?

Hmm.
Yes
&
Yes

John 7:24

www.roysecitycoc.org
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#259 Aug 8, 2013
Pope Francis who am I too judge he shouts!

The vatican judges and hates the nuns wearing street clothes. The vatican wants all nuns back into the convents, and hates the nuns whom many have better educations than many bishops today. The vatican screams NO to married priests/nuns..........but who am I to judge he tells catholics!

UNBEIEVABLE!

this one

#260 Aug 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
We don't believe that the Pope speaks for God.
Thanks.
I disagreed with the guy's post also, but felt it necessary to clarify yours.
Thanks
The College of Bishops, teaching in communion with the Pontiff, speak on Christ's behalf, at least they say so.

this one

#261 Aug 8, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
What a ludicrous fool. As IF God was elected by the populace.
All of them are dear, even yours. Despite claims by the faithful, not one of us is ever born of a given faith. A belief in "higher powers", let alone a given one, not a natural instinct. It is entirely a learned behavior, it is a CHOICE. You have chosen the version of God you have found, you elected HIM, He has not elected YOU.

Right now, the only folk not convinced that someone hasn't blown your pilot light out, are the folk who made the same unfortunate choice in Gods you have.

this one

#263 Aug 8, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Yes
According to whom? I know what his claims of the moral authority to speak on behalf of Jesus and His church are, what are yours?
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Yes
John 7:24
21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.

22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

If you're going to learn the moral of the story, you should have at least a vague idea as to what it was actually in reference to. The old covenant had some pretty odd gaps in logic, this being one of them. In order to do what the law required in a given circumstance, it would require you to violate one or more of the other laws for you to do so. Jesus said in such circumstances you were to do the right thing. Not judge by the appearance of the act but whether to violate the law was righteous. For Him, making a male child whole with God on his 7th day was the more righteous act than the observance of God's sabbath, which prohibited it being done.

You probably should break your link to Royse City, they haven't helped you in the slightest, in my never humble opinion.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#264 Aug 8, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests!
LMFAO. Well he would, would'nt he? What's new?
Cyril the atheist.
Don't you mean Kirill the Chekist?

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#265 Aug 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>All of them are dear, even yours. Despite claims by the faithful, not one of us is ever born of a given faith. A belief in "higher powers", let alone a given one, not a natural instinct. It is entirely a learned behavior, it is a CHOICE. You have chosen the version of God you have found, you elected HIM, He has not elected YOU.
Right now, the only folk not convinced that someone hasn't blown your pilot light out, are the folk who made the same unfortunate choice in Gods you have.
Again, your ignorance of the WORd is Glaring. GOd draws those he chooses to himself. Elected? No, Chosen.
It is not of the Natural mind to accept the things of the SPirit.
They are at enmity with ea other, as you would know if you KNEW the Bible.
Your words are evidence of this Spiritual Law.The things of the WOrld are foolishness to those that believe. The Wisdom of the WOrld is such as HItler.
Have seen and had miracles happen in my life. Not due to the physical world, for sure.

Royse City

#266 Aug 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
According to whom? I know what his claims of the moral authority to speak on behalf of Jesus and His church are, what are yours?

HEATH - 72 wrote, "Yes
John 7:24"

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.

22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

If you're going to learn the moral of the story, you should have at least a vague idea as to what it was actually in reference to. The old covenant had some pretty odd gaps in logic, this being one of them. In order to do what the law required in a given circumstance, it would require you to violate one or more of the other laws for you to do so. Jesus said in such circumstances you were to do the right thing. Not judge by the appearance of the act but whether to violate the law was righteous. For Him, making a male child whole with God on his 7th day was the more righteous act than the observance of God's sabbath, which prohibited it being done.

You probably should break your link to Royse City, they haven't helped you in the slightest, in my never humble opinion.
Would you like to try again?

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#267 Aug 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The College of Bishops, teaching in communion with the Pontiff, speak on Christ's behalf, at least they say so.
The Pharisees and Sadducees said the same thing. ONly Christ did not comply now, did he? The Kingdom of man, with his deities on Earth, is not the Kingdom of God.
Hitler said the same, and those deceived as you are, believed it as well.
Why don't you learn about the topic before inserting your feet?
Why don't you google Catholic Genocides and defend those as well?
This is not the way of a Holy God that created all. This is the way of man. The path that leads to destruction. The path you are on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 1 hr Mary joe 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Oxbow 555,079
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE