Boehner Turns Down Trip for Pope's Investiture

Full story: wsj.com

Here's one invitation that's harder to get than a seat at a state dinner: President Barack Obama invited House Speaker John Boehner to travel with Vice President Joe Biden to Rome to watch the Roman Catholic Church install its first pope from the Americas in its 2,000-year history.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2013

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Not surprising to learn that the Mozlem Brother scholar Barak Hussein Obama who studied the culture of the Mozlem brotherhood in Madrassa in Indonesia and supports the spread of Shariya laws of the 7th century which oppress Christians all over Africa and Asia will go to Rome to watch the Roman Catholic Church install the new Pope even if he claimed that he is Christian.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Boehner must be a muslim if he doesn't want to go...
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#3 Mar 14, 2013
Biden is must be relieved. Who would want to sit with the muslim boehnerhood and listen to him weep the entire trip?
Another

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Not .
insane post.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Not surprising to learn that the Mozlem Brother scholar Barak Hussein Obama who studied the culture of the Mozlem brotherhood in Madrassa in Indonesia and supports the spread of Shariya laws of the 7th century which oppress Christians all over Africa and Asia will go to Rome to watch the Roman Catholic Church install the new Pope even if he claimed that he is Christian.
The President isn't attending. He extended the invitation to Boehner to accompany the Vice President. Read and comprehend before you throw a tantrum.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6 Mar 14, 2013
_Zoey_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The President isn't attending. He extended the invitation to Boehner to accompany the Vice President. Read and comprehend before you throw a tantrum.
Bright one doesn't 'do' comprehending.

you are asking a parrot to understand the words he mimics...ain't gonna happen with that one...
Die

Germany

#7 Mar 14, 2013
representatives of satan and perpetrators of majority of global evil ( wars, poverty, tragedy of millions ) must be everywhere including Popeīs ceremony. Pathetic. Wouldnīt be better for fellows from usa to make a black mess or something alike to comemorate their lord?
Aaron

Toronto, Canada

#8 Mar 14, 2013
Francis was reportedly a runner-up in the last papal election in 2005, which resulted in Benedict becoming pope. According to John L. Allen Jr. at

The National Catholic Reporter, Francis represented something of a compromise between the church's reformers and hard-liners. "

He appealed to conservatives in the College of Cardinals as a man who had held the line against liberalizing currents among the Jesuits, and to moderates as a symbol of the church's commitment to the developing world," says Allen."

"Indeed, prior to the 2005 election, Francis was accused of complicity in the 1976 abduction of two Jesuit priests.

Francis has denied the charge, and according to an interview he gave to his biographer, he "took extraordinary, behind-the-scenes action to save them," says CBS News.

As a Jesuit, the choice of the name Francis,

the first in a papal history full of Piuses and Benedicts, could not be more significant.

Francis Xavier was the co-founder, along with Ignatius of Loyola, of the Jesuit order in the 16th century.

Xavier is the church's most renowned missionary, spreading the word of God to India and as far east as Japan.

According to Maurice Collis, in his book The Land of the Great Image,

"The conversion of the whole Orient was Xavier's ambition,"

though he was so humble that when he arrived at the Portuguese colony of Goa in 1542,

"it was noticed that he was barefoot, that his gown was ragged, and his hood of the coarsest stuff." "

http://theweek.com/article/index/241330/meet-...
christ had one ball

Pittston, PA

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Aaron wrote:
Francis was reportedly a runner-up in the last papal election in 2005, which resulted in Benedict becoming pope. According to John L. Allen Jr. at
The National Catholic Reporter, Francis represented something of a compromise between the church's reformers and hard-liners. "
He appealed to conservatives in the College of Cardinals as a man who had held the line against liberalizing currents among the Jesuits, and to moderates as a symbol of the church's commitment to the developing world," says Allen."
"Indeed, prior to the 2005 election, Francis was accused of complicity in the 1976 abduction of two Jesuit priests.
Francis has denied the charge, and according to an interview he gave to his biographer, he "took extraordinary, behind-the-scenes action to save them," says CBS News.
As a Jesuit, the choice of the name Francis,
the first in a papal history full of Piuses and Benedicts, could not be more significant.
Francis Xavier was the co-founder, along with Ignatius of Loyola, of the Jesuit order in the 16th century.
Xavier is the church's most renowned missionary, spreading the word of God to India and as far east as Japan.
According to Maurice Collis, in his book The Land of the Great Image,
"The conversion of the whole Orient was Xavier's ambition,"
though he was so humble that when he arrived at the Portuguese colony of Goa in 1542,
"it was noticed that he was barefoot, that his gown was ragged, and his hood of the coarsest stuff." "
http://theweek.com/article/index/241330/meet-...
and here i thought he chose the name francis cause the pope was hung like a mule.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#10 Mar 15, 2013
The 1st time I have ever had a little respect for Boehner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Robert F 538,947
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••