Pope: Church shouldn't obsess over abortion, gays - OPINION: What Pope Francis really said

Full story: Fox News

Pope Francis is warning that the Catholic Church's moral edifice might "fall like a house of cards" if it doesn't balance its divisive rules about abortion, gays and contraception with the greater need to make the church a merciful, more welcoming place for all.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2013

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Advents wrote:
Pope Francis, Rome's first gay Pontiff.
Pope Franics, Rome's first Christian Pontiff in quite some time.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Franics, Rome's first Christian Pontiff in quite some time.
He actually hasn't plowed any new ground theologically. No new teachings on offer.

He does have a more collegial public style.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He actually hasn't plowed any new ground theologically. No new teachings on offer.
He does have a more collegial public style.
And that was kind of my point.

It is entirely possible to remain true to your convictions without condemning and attacking anyone that doesn't fit the ideal.

It's not so much a change of theology as a change in attitude and application and I think it's a change for the better.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
And that was kind of my point.
It is entirely possible to remain true to your convictions without condemning and attacking anyone that doesn't fit the ideal.
It's not so much a change of theology as a change in attitude and application and I think it's a change for the better.
Agreed.

It's a tough line to try to vigorously affirm what you think is a "good" without being seen as attacking those who may disagree.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

They do....they need to get rid of all catholic man made up dogma. It is all false teachings and rituals.
Ziccc

Schönebeck, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

It is the truth. There are many really important issues like world-peace, like supporting proper social system, who respect dignity of people, restoring ethic and moral values .
And the whole energy of officials of Catholic and other Christian Churchs go in fight against abortion and gays ( it is completely in vain )and making money for their own needs to lead good life for their own. Abortions and gays, it is result of degeneration, which is brought just by capitalism by using sexuality as play without responsibility. Children of capitalism make by the way more terryfing crimes - they decimate innocent people in Middle East from Afghanistan till Iraq, Syria, Lybia, they lead all countries to bancruptcy, they rob natural resources, they rob dignity of people.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

The catholic dogma man made rules have to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Just Sayin 532,412
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 3 hr Liam R 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Scales Off 8,120
More Tue Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••