Luxury yacht sinks near mooring

Luxury yacht sinks near mooring

There are 3 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Apr 25, 2009, titled Luxury yacht sinks near mooring. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

A luxury yacht once owned by singer-songwriter Billy Joel sank into the sea early Saturday near the dock where it had been moored at a Cos Cob marina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

Peggy Sue

Tampa, FL

#1 Apr 26, 2009
We're all relieved to learn that the boat owner was insured. It's amazing how often these things do not happen to the uninsured.
creampie surprise

Boston, MA

#2 Apr 26, 2009
Did he sink this boat himself to get insurance money? Sounds kind of fishy. There's a whole article about this in the Times - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/01/business/01... .

I've never seen a boat just sink like that. Very suspicious.
Chilli Death Fart

Norwalk, CT

#3 Apr 27, 2009
Doesn't seem too suspicious, he had nothing to gain, if he had the funds to fully renovate the boat I doubt he'd sink it for fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pianoman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News They remember the Piano Man ... (Nov '07) Feb '15 Trirunt 7
Moonlight Sonata №14 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Armenia 1
News Billy Joel cancels his memoir (Mar '11) Mar '11 TaxTaxTax 4
News Billy Joel Recovering a oeExtremely Wella From ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6 is a loser 2
News Joel, John show comes to Buffalo (Mar '10) Mar '10 Terrible sound 1
News Wade Preston rocks out to Billy Joel at Hofstra (Jun '09) Jun '09 Piano Man 1
News Boat, once owned by Billy Joel, sinks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Chet 7
More from around the web