Why is Phil Collins so unpopular?

Why is Phil Collins so unpopular?

There are 22 comments on the Complete Tosh story from Oct 1, 2006, titled Why is Phil Collins so unpopular?. In it, Complete Tosh reports that:

Watching VH1's Guess The Year Night, two questions troubled me. First, as the name suggests, the evening was supposed to follow the well-tried format of: listen to a song, argue a bit about the year it was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Complete Tosh.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jordan Hart


#1 Oct 4, 2006
The man is a musical genius.

West Hyannisport, MA

#2 Oct 10, 2006
I agree, Phil Collins is a musical genius.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#3 Oct 27, 2006
I agree too. I'm from Argentina and I used to learn drum sessions listening to his incredible work with Brand X.

United States

#4 Jan 5, 2007

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 5, 2007
Phil Collins is a music legend. His talent can be matched by only half a handful of musicians, both past and present. Rock on forever Phil.

São Paulo, Brazil

#7 Jan 11, 2007
I believe that 90 percent of the musicians in the world would like to be unpopular as Phil. The other 10% are really as popular as Phil is. The man is a genius.

Morden, UK

#8 Jan 15, 2008
unpopular? get a life
hes meant to be a new version of the drummer from elvis


#9 Feb 20, 2008
Phil Collins is one of the best singer/songwriters of our time.

He'll never be unpopular.

Timisoara, Romania

#10 Jul 4, 2008
Phil Collins is an incredible artist and character. I had the chance to see him twice live, he is a wonderful musician. Unpopular? haha, funny...
Dan Wray

Bristol, UK

#11 Jul 11, 2008
The problem is he's just such a tosser in real life. So much so I actually considered being a 'Tossadore' to go get him with my barby skewers!
Dan, RMC, Sheffield
mohamed raihan

Meknès, Morocco

#12 Aug 15, 2008
phil collins is the most education musiscian in this world of music and for that he always the best and his music..........uuuufffffffffff ff nothing like him.

Southington, CT

#13 Sep 28, 2008
I've seen him 5 times in concert and he never failed to put on a fantastic show, even when he wasn't feeling well. This last tour broke my heart, knowing that it was his last. Awesome musician, awesome man. His music will live on forever, and so will he. xo Phil

Warsaw, Poland

#14 Oct 24, 2008
First of all he is the best drumer all over the world , than singer and songs writer, remember this :)


#15 Dec 29, 2008
the man is a master of what he dose say no more i say


#16 Dec 29, 2008
the man is a master in his craft say no more

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#17 Dec 29, 2008
katewarsaw wrote:
First of all he is the best drumer all over the world , than singer and songs writer, remember this :)
Of course, he is "katewarsaw"!!!
Jackie -Toronto Canada

Toronto, Canada

#18 Jan 22, 2009
Phil is the love of my life. He's a true genius and beautiful man. I don't care about his $$$. I want to be his 4th wife. Then he can really settle down and be happy!
Ryan--Ohio--Unit ed States

Xenia, OH

#19 Feb 26, 2009
Sir Phil Collins is by far the best and most creative musicians the world has produced in very long time. From his incredible ability to write music, to his talent to play the drums, Phil is a large part of my life and will always remai with me. There is always a part of my day when I think of how impactful his music is on my life---that is the true mission of any musician.

Fate, TX

#20 Mar 8, 2009
Phil Collins created what is called Music

Dunnville, Canada

#21 Mar 8, 2009
unpopular because he is a brown nose. he tries to please all the red rocks and yuppie scum. the old ladys like the easy red rock elevator music.

disgrace to rock music.

phil is great for the racists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phil Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Rutherford: Genesis wouldn't reform for Gl... (Apr '15) Aug '15 Elise Loves Potatoes 2
News Somali pop enjoys revival (Mar '13) Jul '13 Somali Man 24
Phil Collins Fan Fic and You (Nov '12) Nov '12 Assinine 1
News East St. Louis rapper Fresco Kane is on the cusp (Sep '12) Sep '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Q&A: Book highlights Phil Collins' passion for ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 daGoober 1
phil collins dead!!!! (Nov '11) Jul '12 Jessica 6
News Zac Efron and Lily Collins: Another Match Made ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Beverly Ann Clark 1
More from around the web