Review: Wu-Tang Clan at Rock the Bells hip-hop gig

Full story: Newsday

Sorry, haters, hip-hop isn't dead. It may be in trouble, dogged by ongoing attacks on its language and imagery in the wake of Don Imus' racist remarks, as well as a 33 percent drop-off in the genre's sales for ...
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Aug 1, 2007
James D

Holbrook, NY

#1 Jul 30, 2007
I went on saturday and Cypress and Immortal Techniques to me were the best acts. The two things that pissed me off was the fact Giza wasnt with Wu Tang and they tried to play it off as if he was there, which he wasnt. And also the fact that Public Enemy alows Flava Flav to go on stage with them... he acted as if everyone was there to see him. Despite these two things it was an epic show.
Rage Rocked

Orlando, FL

#2 Jul 30, 2007
This was not the best venue for rap and hip hop artists but most of the acts were great, despite the heat. Rage took the show as expected. They simply rocked the island. I loved it.
Jennifah

New York, NY

#3 Jul 30, 2007
I went to the show on Sunday and stood in the rain for most of the day. The show was great despite being cold , wet and muddy!! My favs were Cypress (who rocked it out in the rain and brought back a lot of memorys) and Rage( who sounded like they been touring this whole time). I agree that Flava Flav brought a lull to Public Enemy's act by drawing out there introductions and going on about his VH1 shows! Who cares!!! Flav I liked you better before you did those shows! All in all it was the best show Ive seen in a long time.
Gomer Pyle

Mineola, NY

#4 Jul 31, 2007
I can whistle these songs all day !
raiders1

Culpeper, VA

#5 Jul 31, 2007
na gza showed up eventually but he wasnt out there until near the end
Kris

Hilton, NY

#6 Aug 1, 2007
I went to the Saturday show on the 28th it was the best concert i have ever been to. Ever artist/group gave it there all and proved hip hop isn't dead!
Grandpa

Bergenfield, NJ

#7 Aug 1, 2007
Wu Tang Financial.
BlaBlaBla

Smithtown, NY

#8 Aug 1, 2007
Take Wu Tang off life support, They be dead! I think all the drugs have finally killed off all their brain cells! DUH!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pharoahe Monch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rock the Bells at Randalls Island (Jul '07) Sep '07 Pyro 44
Pharoahe Monch Performing in The New York Tokyo... (Sep '07) Sep '07 NYTMF 1
Pharoahe Monch's latest is all of the hip-hop y... (Aug '07) Aug '07 eric 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pharoahe Monch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••