Belafonte continues tirade against Bush

Full story: The Modesto Bee

Entertainer Harry Belafonte, one of the Bush administration's harshest critics, compared the Homeland Security Department to the Nazi Gestapo on Saturday and attacked the president as a liar.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2011
Eric Ventura CA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2006

Belefonte is a moron! As far as I am concerned he should tried for Treason and executed when found guilty. He is consorting with the enemies of the US. Why the media continues to give this traitor a platform for his insane and incoherent ramblings is mind numbing.

If the government needs to listen to phone conversations of terrorists to keep me and my family safe, be my guest. Take Belefonte to Gitmo for a couple of years and give him some waterboarding therapy!
Nef

Drexel Hill, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2006

I agree. This guy takes advantage of the fact that he can summon the media to continue his tirade against his government. I would string him up until dead. He is a turncoat and should not be allowed to live in this country. He should be taken to prison for treason, along with all his Hollywood friends.
I, for one, am boycotting all his music.
Razoo

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2006

I agree, it is a shame that the media gives idiots like this all the airplay that he has gotten over this. The media is a much to blame for his tirades as he is because if they would quit giving air time to so called celebrities just because they are actors or singers or whatever, they should be treated just like us common folks. Quit giving them the power of the press or other media to express their for the most part ridiculous self serving rants.
Moose5152

Ferndale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2006

Mr Belafonte should live in Communist China for just a week, and try his name calling on the Chinese government leaders. He would be execucted before you could say DAY-O! I don't have any problems with any American speaking out or being opinionated, I think it is healthy for our society. But name calling is wrong, not to mention childish, and should not be tolerated. Our 1st ammendment is for our freedoms of speech and expression, not slander. You may leave the U.S.A. anytime you please Mr Belafonte. Go live with your best, bud Fidel Castro.
Ground Zero Absentee

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

Belafonte should go to Africa and try putting his big mouth to work there. Cowards always choose marks that will not fight back!
Long Time Gone

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

GZA, if you'da been around these here parts back in '06 when this thread was current, the mark woulda still been around. Take a vaca and come back in another five years and see whuzzup then, OK?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Peter, Paul & Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Folk-rock legend Gordon Lightfoot brings decade... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Les 1
Groundhog Day trivia to prepare you for what's ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Atasas 1
MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '13) Jan '13 PhiloK 1
Real Folk release 2nd album At The Brink ,May 12 (Jun '12) Jun '12 naborsfan 1
Bob Dylan's Jacket Will Live at the Smithsonian (Feb '12) Apr '12 Tenacious D - The... 4
MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '12) Jan '12 Annie 1
MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Nov '11) Nov '11 cocoinfinity1 1

Search the Peter, Paul & Mary Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••