Memorial concert for Vancouver mom, d...

Memorial concert for Vancouver mom, daughter in murder-suicide

There are 4 comments on the KGW-TV Portland story from Oct 23, 2007, titled Memorial concert for Vancouver mom, daughter in murder-suicide. In it, KGW-TV Portland reports that:

Paul Yarrow of "Peter, Paul and Mary" performed at Marylhurst University to honor a 14-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who died with her mother in a suspected murder-suicide. Rebecca Recht and her mother ... via KGW-TV Portland

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGW-TV Portland.

Ruth Shorter

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Nov 3, 2007
Mr. yarrow is a convicted sex offender, who has served prison time for contact with a 14 year old girl. This is a matter of public record
Now Mr. Yarrow has a special 14 year old friend who is found dead 3 days after his last known contact with her.
Mr. Yarrow, a convicted sex offender, e-mailed the child every day for the three years prior to her suspicious death, according to news reports.
Friends and neighbors disbelieve the suicide theory.
Why am I the only one that questions the wisdom of fawning over Peter Yarrow for his philanthropy and generosity.
paw-

United States

#2 Dec 26, 2007
Why? Hopefully, Ruth Shorter, it's simply because you don't have all the facts. I'd hate to think that anyone who'd post to a forum FOR Peter, Paul and Mary would be bigoted and intolerant.
Please check out the link below:
http://wweek.com/editorial/3406/10148/
That happens to be the REAL truth to this sad story. Please try to remember, Ruth, that when you point a finger at anyone, there are three fingers pointing back right at you!
Peace.
paw-
drumslingerdave

AOL

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Ruth Shorter wrote:
Mr. yarrow is a convicted sex offender, who has served prison time for contact with a 14 year old girl. This is a matter of public record
Now Mr. Yarrow has a special 14 year old friend who is found dead 3 days after his last known contact with her.
Mr. Yarrow, a convicted sex offender, e-mailed the child every day for the three years prior to her suspicious death, according to news reports.
Friends and neighbors disbelieve the suicide theory.
Why am I the only one that questions the wisdom of fawning over Peter Yarrow for his philanthropy and generosity.
Ruth Shorter saved my life. I would trust her judgement anytime.

Since: Feb 08

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 4, 2008
Peter Yarrow has well paid for what happened over 30 years ago. He is one of the finest persons. He has accomplished so many wonderful things, that most people probably could not have done even half as much. All he wants for the world is the best. He has a heart that everybody should try to emulate. What is wrong with that?

What happened to him last year with that mother and daughter must have been extremely troubling to him. My heart goes out to him because he was so wonderful in befriending them and then the mother did all this to him and then killing the daughter and then herself. I can only imagine the emotions Peter must have felt after this.

Please read the article that tells all the details of his relationship with the mother and daughter. How people can condemn him after reading this article says lots about themselves than about Peter. How many other people would be willing to do as much for these people as Peter did?

One of the things that Peter disapproves of (and I totally agree with) is hypocrisy. People who condemn Peter for kind acts as this displays hypocrisy in its worst forms.

Bboling2204

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter, Paul & Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brush Rotary members learn about Peace School P... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ed Lundstrom 1
News Folk-rock legend Gordon Lightfoot brings decade... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Les 1
News Groundhog Day trivia to prepare you for what's ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Atasas 1
News MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '13) Jan '13 PhiloK 1
News Real Folk release 2nd album At The Brink ,May 12 (Jun '12) Jun '12 naborsfan 1
News Bob Dylan's Jacket Will Live at the Smithsonian (Feb '12) Apr '12 Tenacious D - The... 4
News MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '12) Jan '12 Annie 1
More from around the web