Honey Delivers Three For One

Honey Delivers Three For One

There are 27 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Honey Delivers Three For One. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The cattle on Paul and Mary Atkisson's ranch in Nowata lead a charmed life: resting in the shade or cooling in the pond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Caring father.”

Since: Feb 08

http://hallcase.bravehost.com

#23 Aug 1, 2008
RAMON LITTLE wrote:
THEY CLAIM THAT TWIN AND TRIPLE BIRTHS WILL NO REPRODUCE, I DON'T KNOW
Actually they will reproduce. They will also carry a gene for multiple births. A sheep that gives birth to twins will pass that gene to its lambs. The ram lamb will then pass that gene to his daughters. I know of many that do have twins in sheep. A friend that bought my flock in 2006 had a set of triplets this spring. Not real rare in sheep. Cattle only have triplets 1 in 150,000. Growing up we had Angus cattle. Several had twins. We kept the calves, one a bull. Cows taht have twins usually also produce more milk. Thus even if their calves have singles, they gene for more milk production is there.

If I were him, I would definetly keep the heiffer calf and advertise the two bull calves as herd sires. That gene for multiple births is rare and valuable.

Since: Jul 08

Tulsa, OK

#24 Aug 1, 2008
Oh this is so COOL. Nice to have something in the news thats not killing or eating a baby.
okiedoakie

United States

#25 Aug 1, 2008
Finally!!!! with all the crap that has been going on in this city, it is so "NICE!" that the news has finally reported something cute, nice and an over all feel good story, made my heart feel good.

Since: Jun 08

EUSA

#26 Aug 2, 2008
I feel sorry for Honey, what a tragedy she has to watch out for 3 kids. Man, it was probably her intention to only have one baby, now look what she has to put up with!! Half her tits are gonna be in service! And the bull is nowhere to be seen, what an arsehole.
sandy

Skokie, IL

#27 Aug 4, 2008
The year hurricane Hugo came through, Our cow April had triplets, all boys. They were Thunder, Lighting, and Hugo. Our vet said that the odds off all boys were even higher.
sandy

Skokie, IL

#28 Aug 4, 2008
PS...a year and one day later April had twins.

Since: Jun 08

EUSA

#29 Aug 8, 2008
sandy wrote:
The year hurricane Hugo came through, Our cow April had triplets, all boys. They were Thunder, Lighting, and Hugo. Our vet said that the odds off all boys were even higher.
Grats April!!! Way to go girl! Give her a big sloppy cow kiss for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter, Paul & Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brush Rotary members learn about Peace School P... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ed Lundstrom 1
News Folk-rock legend Gordon Lightfoot brings decade... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Les 1
News Groundhog Day trivia to prepare you for what's ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Atasas 1
News MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '13) Jan '13 PhiloK 1
News Real Folk release 2nd album At The Brink ,May 12 (Jun '12) Jun '12 naborsfan 1
News Bob Dylan's Jacket Will Live at the Smithsonian (Feb '12) Apr '12 Tenacious D - The... 4
News MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '12) Jan '12 Annie 1