Member of popular trio dies of leukemia

Member of popular trio dies of leukemia

There are 7 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 17, 2009, titled Member of popular trio dies of leukemia. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Mary Travers, one-third of the hugely popular 1960s folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary, has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

sulee

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 17, 2009
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been a fan of PP&M since the 60's and have almost all of their music on first, vinyl, and now on CDs.. I only saw them perform live once, a few years ago at 'Picnic with the Pops' and it was everything I hoped it would be. Magical, the crowd swaying and singing along. Lighters held in the air. We all went to 'another place and time' together.

As I go through my day today, I will have PP&M music on the CD player -- and remember all the joy Mary has brought to me through the music.
Sam Adams

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2009
Did not like their politics but really loved their music. Their Christmas special was wonderful. RIP Mary.
Democrat disgusted

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 17, 2009
One more time, I would have loved to have seen them live one more time, but it is not to be. I shall miss the voice that has inspired me to be a better person, to accept the diversity of others. PP&M have always been part of my musical life and every concert I went to I did not want it to end. It's over now, but the blonde singer suffers no more. I shall have her voice in my heart forever. The Christmas Special won't be the same knowing she is gone. Rest in peace dear troubadour....
goslipstream

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 17, 2009
What a rich voice she had. I will always enjoy it. And it is such a shock to realize that the musicians of my youth are pushing "elderly" now!
Black Sheep

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2009
So sad to hear that another foolish mortal has paid the ultimate price for being blessed with some extremely rare God-given talent. What's that make 5-6 now that this cleverly disguised disease has wiped out? even a few in the prime of their young lives

Do you believers in Christ still believe that leukemia and all the great worth associated in treating it, is a natural born disease? Or is it diabolically controlled and administered in Quantum measure to those unwilling participants? especially the rich and famous that many admire and worship.

No more clues my children, No after existing for countless eons, one that knows him better than anyone. I thought you should know the source of this evilly created perfect disease!

Disgusted By Demorats

Norwich, OH

#6 Sep 17, 2009
We attended two P,P&M concerts, one in '67 and one a few years later In C-bus. We hated the second one. They dragged Dickie Celeste onto the stage with them to promote his campaigning. Infuriating. Hated their politics. Entertainers who shove their left-wing values down the throats of people who paid money to watch them perform are jerks.
Honestly

Dublin, OH

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Thank you for sharing your music with us over the years, Mary. My condolences to your friends, family, loved ones & fans who will surely miss your presence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter, Paul & Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brush Rotary members learn about Peace School P... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ed Lundstrom 1
News Folk-rock legend Gordon Lightfoot brings decade... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Les 1
News Groundhog Day trivia to prepare you for what's ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Atasas 1
News MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '13) Jan '13 PhiloK 1
News Real Folk release 2nd album At The Brink ,May 12 (Jun '12) Jun '12 naborsfan 1
News Bob Dylan's Jacket Will Live at the Smithsonian (Feb '12) Apr '12 Tenacious D - The... 4
News MomentumTHE Church of Leonard Cohen (Jan '12) Jan '12 Annie 1
More from around the web