Oldest British WWI survivor to be hon...

Oldest British WWI survivor to be honored

There are 2 comments on the United Press International story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Oldest British WWI survivor to be honored. In it, United Press International reports that:

A 110-year-old British veteran of World War I will be honored by a musical composition for being the oldest living survivor of the war, the composers say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at United Press International.

Robert

Phenix City, AL

#1 Oct 5, 2008
Sorry but this story title is incorrect...Henry Allingham is the oldest WWI survivor at 112
Louis E

United States

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Indeed...Patch is the oldest survivor of the British Army,but Allingham is still alive and was in the Royal Navy and a founding member of the Royal Air Force.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Maxwell Davies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exclusive: Royal composer's ex-partner is found... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Darrell Ree 1
News Queen's composer writes symphony in cancer ward (May '13) May '13 Darrell Ree 1
News Conductor Sir Charles Mackerras dies of cancer ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Capitalistroadster 3