Pete to sell stuffs??
aditi ghosh

Kolkata, India

#1 Dec 15, 2006
Hi,
i am from india, I and some of my friends are absolutely outraged at the new advertisement for Zen car
they are using Pete Seeger's 'little boxes' to sell stuffs? and it is such a horrible picturisation as well, people are moving around dressed in packing boxes looking at the car.
that is totally unacceptable, I don't know how this has happened
i am looking for ways to protest against this.
if anybody has any idea please comment.
I remember michael jackson doing a similar blunder, trying to sell Beatles lyrics (revolution) to sell shoes. he faced stern opposition and Nike had to take the ad off air.
i wanted to bring this to the notice of all admirers of pete

aditi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pete Seeger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christianity Under an Islamist Crusader Mindset... Jun 16 Vote UKIP 4
News Concert review: Bruce Springsteen at the MidFlo... (May '14) May '14 Gerryg 1
News Marxist minstrel (Feb '14) Feb '14 Philliproy 1
News Pete Seeger: Looking back on a legendary figure (Jan '14) Feb '14 save storm king 5
looking for lyrics of folk song - "There was mu... (Jun '06) Jan '14 Byron H Elton 23
News Toshi Seeger, wife of folk legend Pete Seeger, ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jeffrey Hedquist 1
News Woody Guthrie's 100th birthday celebrated in Okla. (Oct '12) Oct '12 Friends 1
More from around the web