Seeger, Guthrie join Occupy Wall Street rally

Full story: CBS News
Folk singer Pete Seeger, 92, joins Occupy Wall Street by marching from a concert at Symphony Space to Columbus Circle, in New York Friday, Oct. Full Story

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2011
There is no such thing as corporate greed.
There is ONLY human greed.

This is NOT a system problem, it is a human control problem ... just like our founding fathers told us would happen if we failed to keep our government under wraps and within the boundaries as set forth in their writings and fundamental documents of our origin as a nation.

Power corrupts the human soul and mind.
We ALL know that.
THAT is exactly why our elected "leaders" are to be CHANGED at regular intervals to make sure that those we elect do not succumb to the corruption by being in power too long.
morons united

Seattle, WA

#2 Oct 22, 2011
Wall street is a venue for greed, corporations are the perpetrators of greed, stock options are the symptom of greed, stock trading are a tool of greed, getting much much much more than one desrves at the undue expense of others and one needs is the ultimate greed the human greed.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2011
morons united wrote:
Wall street is a venue for greed, corporations are the perpetrators of greed, stock options are the symptom of greed, stock trading are a tool of greed, getting much much much more than one desrves at the undue expense of others and one needs is the ultimate greed the human greed.
It is interesting to note that you counter your own claim from the first part of your post with your last statement.

Human greed.

The "perpetrators of greed" ARE people ... NOT ... repeat ... NOT ... corporations. A corporation is inanimate and totally incapable of any action whatsoever without the HUMAN input.
You'll get there. Keep reading and thinking about it.
morons united

Seattle, WA

#4 Oct 22, 2011
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting to note that you counter your own claim from the first part of your post with your last statement.
Human greed.
The "perpetrators of greed" ARE people ... NOT ... repeat ... NOT ... corporations. A corporation is inanimate and totally incapable of any action whatsoever without the HUMAN input.
You'll get there. Keep reading and thinking about it.
I agree. Corporations are an organizations made by people/humans. Some humans are infinitely greedy and stupid for that matter.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 22, 2011
morons united wrote:
<quoted text> I agree. Corporations are an organizations made by people/humans. Some humans are infinitely greedy and stupid for that matter.
My apologies if I misunderstood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pete Seeger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concert review: Bruce Springsteen at the MidFlo... (May '14) May '14 Gerryg 1
Marxist minstrel (Feb '14) Feb '14 Philliproy 1
Pete Seeger: Looking back on a legendary figure (Jan '14) Feb '14 save storm king 5
looking for lyrics of folk song - "There was mu... (Jun '06) Jan '14 Byron H Elton 23
Toshi Seeger, wife of folk legend Pete Seeger, ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jeffrey Hedquist 1
Woody Guthrie's 100th birthday celebrated in Okla. (Oct '12) Oct '12 Friends 1
Woody Guthrie Centennial Birthday Celebration: ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Brandt Hardin 1
More from around the web