China to help build 2 Pakistan nuclear plants

Full story: The Associated Press

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan _ Pakistan said China will help build two more nuclear power plants in the energy-starved Muslim nation, tightening its bonds with Beijing as rising militant violence strains its anti-terror ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 250 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2011
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#1 Oct 18, 2008
How curious! As unstable as Pakistan is and with a nuclear arsenal (India as well), this seems an ill-thought move by China.
Lance Winslow

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2008
too droll to troll wrote:
How curious! As unstable as Pakistan is and with a nuclear arsenal (India as well), this seems an ill-thought move by China.
China simply dislikes Pakistan less than India, which is sure not saying much.
leo from shanghai

United States

#3 Oct 18, 2008
pakistan building 1,000 u.s. military humvees as pay off for supporting afghan war. u.s. citizens sure wish they had those humvee jobs. jobs americans just won't do!
nucleur_wart

Macon, GA

#5 Oct 18, 2008
Wake up people. Much of the chaos and ill moves in the world are propogated by American leaders.

The pro-war presidents have been guilty of this for decades.

So dont put the USA in a pretentious light here. We're are both a cause and effect.

Speaking of nuclear. Didnt McCain say he would quickly put together 48 nuclear power plants in America?

Sheese. The guy obviously doesnt know anything about it. Thats a really bad move.

I would rather put solar panels on my house.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#6 Oct 18, 2008
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>China simply dislikes Pakistan less than India, which is sure not saying much.
And China is reining in on their own Muslim population.
Totally illogical move.
Nobody

Changchun, China

#8 Oct 19, 2008
They are just trying to get pakistan in their debt, so they can eventually own their economy. Just like the US does to everyone else.
Ray the Money Man

Tucson, AZ

#10 Oct 19, 2008
China is doing a good thing and we should be doing more of the same. We need to build as many nukes as fast and as soon as we can. A new industrial revolution and a slap at OPEC. In my dreams!

http://crudeoiltrader.blogspot.com

Since: Oct 08

Karachi, Pakistan

#12 Oct 20, 2008
if only america hadnt given india that nuclear deal this wudnt hav happened
dink

Pensacola, FL

#13 Oct 20, 2008
China can't even build a tooth brush that doesn't fall apart within 30 days.
Those pakistani's be stupid.
mICHEAL

Florham Park, NJ

#14 Oct 27, 2008
China is a friend of pakistan thats why ...
chungsa

Agra, India

#15 Oct 28, 2008
pakistanio ko apni bahin betiyo ko china walo se chudai karane ka inaam mil raha hai
mICHEAL

Pakistan

#16 Oct 31, 2008
Pakistan President Zardari is surely much active ~ he is planning another visit in two months time to finalze the things ~ as i read from newspapers ~ articles ~ that this move of CHINA building two Nuclear Power Plants as a friend ship gift has been welcome in all circles as Pakistan is progressing its necessaties of energy are also grwoing this move of china will also balance the affects of (U.S. India Nuclear Deal) as surely this Nuclear Funda is Created by U.S. at First Place The Nuclear Deal of U.S. India surely disturbed Pakistan, thats why Pakistan go for China offer for building two Nuclear Plants ... Reports suggests Pakistan is getting these Nuclear Plants in a 2 years time which is surely very Fast and Speedy ... by adding these 2 Nuclear Plants Pakistan will become 4 th Largest Country in generating electricty from that.
mICHEAL

Pakistan

#17 Nov 1, 2008
PAK China Friend Ship is Higheer than Himaliya
imran khan

Manama, Bahrain

#18 Nov 1, 2008
mICHEAL wrote:
ever wonder why china did not help pakistan in 1971 war!!!
imran khan

Manama, Bahrain

#19 Nov 1, 2008
mICHEAL wrote:
see what pakis are doing in return to china... abducting chinese engineers... fuelling muslim insurgency in west china, message: if you have pak as friend then you dont need enemies
mICHEAL

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

#20 Nov 2, 2008
I am seeing u as Jealous of PAK CHINA friend ship, u Jealous Ass dont u ... we are also making JF 17 a Fighter Jet of 4Th Generation Combat aircraft Capable of Carrying Pay Load of Nucler arsenal (Do just i gave u one more reason of becoming jealous) China Understnd Pakistan and its envoirnment --- we pakistanies and Chinese are not back looking people we always loof forwards thats whay we are progessing, hurdles are there in way but we are moving forwrad and thats the thing which nations develop then nobody can stop them (like China which is now Super Economic power) future is China Dominance and we Pakistanies supports them due to their Kindness and Hospitality, I am telling one thing more --- U Dont need to take any sort VISA or pay any fee for that if u r bearing pakistani passport, and for every other country citizen rules are strict. (One more think to become jealous from PAK CHINA friend ship)
imran khan

Manama, Bahrain

#21 Nov 2, 2008
mICHEAL wrote:
I am seeing u as Jealous of PAK CHINA friend ship, u Jealous Ass dont u ... we are also making JF 17 a Fighter Jet of 4Th Generation Combat aircraft Capable of Carrying Pay Load of Nucler arsenal (Do just i gave u one more reason of becoming jealous) China Understnd Pakistan and its envoirnment --- we pakistanies and Chinese are not back looking people we always loof forwards thats whay we are progessing, hurdles are there in way but we are moving forwrad and thats the thing which nations develop then nobody can stop them (like China which is now Super Economic power) future is China Dominance and we Pakistanies supports them due to their Kindness and Hospitality, I am telling one thing more --- U Dont need to take any sort VISA or pay any fee for that if u r bearing pakistani passport, and for every other country citizen rules are strict.(One more think to become jealous from PAK CHINA friend ship)
where was your friend china in 1971.... why pakistan going to IMF now... china has $3000 billion in foreign reserves and still they are not even willing to lend pakistan $4 billion which is a meagre 0.15% of their foreign reserves... message: they know pakistan is in deep shit today and may not survive tomorrow... keep dreaming!!!
imran khan

Manama, Bahrain

#22 Nov 2, 2008
mICHEAL wrote:
I am seeing u as Jealous of PAK CHINA friend ship, u Jealous Ass dont u ... we are also making JF 17 a Fighter Jet of 4Th Generation Combat aircraft Capable of Carrying Pay Load of Nucler arsenal (Do just i gave u one more reason of becoming jealous) China Understnd Pakistan and its envoirnment --- we pakistanies and Chinese are not back looking people we always loof forwards thats whay we are progessing, hurdles are there in way but we are moving forwrad and thats the thing which nations develop then nobody can stop them (like China which is now Super Economic power) future is China Dominance and we Pakistanies supports them due to their Kindness and Hospitality, I am telling one thing more --- U Dont need to take any sort VISA or pay any fee for that if u r bearing pakistani passport, and for every other country citizen rules are strict.(One more think to become jealous from PAK CHINA friend ship)
how about indo US friendship... nuclear deal... which is making all pakis ass hot and red... US is screwing pakistan by bombing it and forcing paki army to kill its own citizens and on other hand it is showing remarkable respect to india by giving it a nuclear status.... Pakistan stands no where against India today in terms of international respect and reputation...
NORMAND winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#23 Nov 2, 2008
--- This is very very dangerous for the world, what is happening in China, Pakistan and India with nuclear technology...
mICHEAL

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

#24 Nov 2, 2008
Chashma Nuclear Power Plant has a capacity of producing 300-mw electricity and is controlled by the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC). This Nuclear Plant is also a joint venture of Pakistan China ~ and we are running it smoothly for the past five years so u dont need to worry about new tow Plants which china is making for Pakistan....For NORMAND winnipeg ... this is not us who goes for deal for Nuclear Power Plant its the India which started this at first place by signing the Nuclear deal with US. Look What U.S. double standards here At One Side they are asking worls to Disarm their Nuclear Weapon and the at other side they signed agreement of Giving Much sophisticated technology to India hahahahha Double Standards... Thats Why " Never Preach what u Can;t Follow by your Own"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pervez Musharraf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canadian cleric fighting Pakistani government Aug 17 PKR 4
Court suspends ruling allowing Musharraf to lea... Jun '14 NITiN 1
Massacre, mayhem and muddled priorities : June ... Jun '14 Taliban 10
'Double Dealing': How Pakistan Fueled War in Af... Jun '14 Usman 4
Aitzaz to defend Lanka over UN rights probe May '14 Demala Soulja 4
Pakistan hopeful of thaw in ties after Modi vic... May '14 Humhainna 2
As the Pakistani state embraces the Taliban, th... Apr '14 PaglaDesHi 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000