review of "The Fixer"
A Simple Complex

Manchester, NH

#1 Oct 1, 2009
Frontman and lyricist Eddie Vedder spews third-grader poetry in "Fixer" that is unimpressive, lacking the powerful storytelling of the band's peak years as heard in songs like "Jeremy," "Once," and "Corduroy." The cool guitar and bass riffs that made Pearl Jam so popular back in the day are nowhere to be found. Instead one guitar blandly strums away at chords while the other occasionally emulates U2's Edge with dull one- or two-note licks.

more at: http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/117828
Music Fan

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Oct 16, 2009
Let me guess. Gavin Rossdale fan?
A Simple Complex wrote:
Frontman and lyricist Eddie Vedder spews third-grader poetry in "Fixer" that is unimpressive, lacking the powerful storytelling of the band's peak years as heard in songs like "Jeremy," "Once," and "Corduroy." The cool guitar and bass riffs that made Pearl Jam so popular back in the day are nowhere to be found. Instead one guitar blandly strums away at chords while the other occasionally emulates U2's Edge with dull one- or two-note licks.
more at: http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/117828

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl Jam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top StoryTupac Shakur, Pearl Jam, Yes to be ind... Dec 20 Dr Wu 1
News Tupac Shakur, Pearl Jam lead Rock and Roll Hall... Oct '16 Dr Wu 1
News Pearl Jam is a no-brainer for the Rock Hall Cla... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Three Days 1
News Obama, Beyonce part of Global Citizen fest all-... (Sep '15) Nov '15 Anonymous 10
News Beyonce headlines Global Citizen Festival all-s... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Eddie Vedder sued over changing lyrics on 'Into... (Feb '10) Jun '15 JohnBoy 2
News Blackfeet launch campaign to cancel energy leases (Apr '15) Apr '15 seen any of these 1
More from around the web