'Jesus Seminar' scholar writes Jesus ...

'Jesus Seminar' scholar writes Jesus biography

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 23, 2008, titled 'Jesus Seminar' scholar writes Jesus biography. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

"Basic Instinct" director Paul Verhoeven has written a book that contradicts biblical teaching by suggesting that Jesus might have been fathered by a Roman soldier who raped Mary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Believer

United States

#1 Apr 24, 2008
People may think in different ways. But we should be very careful in thinking because its good and worth to know the truth rather than an thought without evidence.

Jesus Christ is the SON OF GOD and he is living and who ever believes in him will have everlasting life. This is the truth.
Non-Believer

Raleigh, NC

#2 Apr 25, 2008
This was the most informative and fair-handed article I've read on Verhoeven's claims. It neither assumed he was a heretic or that he was absolutely right. He's definitely using controversy as a marketing ploy, and his book will enrage many members of the faith-based community. I hope they do an English translation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Verhoeven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hollywood Director: "Jesus Was the Son of Mary ... (Jul '08) Jun '11 yosevideo 2
News Oscar winners, Halle & Jamie, couldn't keep the... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Karen 16
News Only Bitter Americans Will Take Offense at this... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Rastislav Mikulas 1
News Director of 'Basic Instinct' writes Jesus biogr... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Dean 48
News A darker, better noir, in color: SouthFlorida.com (May '07) May '07 Alana G 1
Interview with Paul Verhoeven on his new film: ... (Jan '07) Jan '07 Jeannie 1
More from around the web