Seeds of hope: Vast vaults under Engl...

Seeds of hope: Vast vaults under English countryside guard Eart...

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Seeds of hope: Vast vaults under English countryside guard Eart.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The underground bunker can block nuclear fallout, withstand a direct hit by a jetliner, and is cooled to a deathly chill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Tim

San Jose, CA

#1 Dec 14, 2008
Unfortunately, the apocalypse is going to last 100,000 years..

(I.E. Run-a-way global warming transforming what's left of the land masses into deserts with extreme periods of acid rain, ice caps melt, Anoxic near lifeless oceans.)

Meanwhile frozen seeds are viable for 400 to 1000 years, even if they last longer.. whose going to be around to replant them??

Oh. well.. Time to think happy thoughts, and reduce your carbon foot print.
Patriots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Tim wrote:
Unfortunately, the apocalypse is going to last 100,000 years..
(I.E. Run-a-way global warming transforming what's left of the land masses into deserts with extreme periods of acid rain, ice caps melt, Anoxic near lifeless oceans.)
Meanwhile frozen seeds are viable for 400 to 1000 years, even if they last longer.. whose going to be around to replant them??
Oh. well.. Time to think happy thoughts, and reduce your carbon foot print.
Please explain why the earth is presently cooling, is it a tease?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Powerful camps behind Conservative nomination s... (Oct '14) Oct '14 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
News Big names at London Fashion Week (Sep '13) Sep '13 watching them Dan... 6
News Economy strikes USPS (Mar '09) Jun '11 tommyg 15
News Anglican same-sex blessings OK'd in N.S., P.E.I. (May '11) May '11 Vic 1
News Anglican same-sex blessings OK'd in N.S., P.E.I. (May '11) May '11 writewingproxycontin 1
paul smith luggage 2009 (Mar '11) Mar '11 vik 1
News Hallam, Jacobus post offices being studied for ... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Get out of Jacobus 11
More from around the web