Harper could shape the Supreme Court for decades

May 8, 2011 Full story: CTV.ca 13

The Supreme Court of Canada is about to transform, as half its membership retires and is replaced.

Full Story
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#1 May 8, 2011
..WELL..The '''Liberalist's''' have been DOing IT ,for years',now....eh...
Moms Day

Toronto, Canada

#2 May 8, 2011
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#3 May 9, 2011
11:33 am, Monday, May 9, 2011:
RE: Harper could shape the Supreme Court for decades
..... In my view no members of any political party should be able to decide on which persons should be on the Supreme Court of any country. The Supreme Court, in theory, should be completely and always neutral and impartial.
paul shykora calgary

Calgary, Canada

#4 May 9, 2011
..HEY....THE ''SUPREME-COURT'' is very ...Political,tooooooooo....eh. ...toooooooooooo booot......$$$$
the Matrix

Toronto, Canada

#5 May 9, 2011
Jan

Victoria, Canada

#6 May 10, 2011
paul shykora calgary wrote:
..HEY....THE ''SUPREME-COURT'' is very ...Political,tooooooooo....eh. ...toooooooooooo booot......$$$$
How old are you, Paul? Do your mommy and daddy know that you've been doodling on the computer?
merry widower

Gibsons, Canada

#7 May 13, 2011
I kind of predicated that if Harper was allowed to get a majority government, that he would stack the senate and hire judges of his likings so that he can get away with almost murder and since he appointed them do you think they will do anything. Not as long as Harper has his pulse on them. Guess I was right.
Look what we have to look for the next 4 years
Adam

Toronto, Canada

#8 May 13, 2011

Since: May 11

Calgary

#9 May 13, 2011
merry widower wrote:
I kind of predicated that if Harper was allowed to get a majority government, that he would stack the senate and hire judges of his likings so that he can get away with almost murder and since he appointed them do you think they will do anything. Not as long as Harper has his pulse on them. Guess I was right.
Look what we have to look for the next 4 years
LOL
You made this guess just now? Where have you people were when he was first elected?
Will

Edmonton, Canada

#10 May 18, 2011
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>How old are you, Paul? Do your mommy and daddy know that you've been doodling on the computer?
Geeze lady the guy expressed his opinion, and factual information. It is people like you who are Harper. Quick to judge, hate, and destroy. I hope you find a better way or get laid or something. Am I a kid too? You must be one of those cat lady's who preach the word of the Lord....best wishes.
IfHarperWereLibe ral

Toronto, Canada

#11 May 19, 2011
If Harper were in the Liberal party lots of these sheep wouldn't even notice. Liberals have been stacking the Senate with appointees from their party for ages, and then faked outrage when Harper restored some balance.

They called Harper a hypocrite for adding Conservative Senators to restore the balance after he tried and failed to push through Senate reform, even though they were the ones who shamelessly opposed Senate reform (while the Senate was full of their appointees to a scale completely out of synch with Canadian society).

Having said that, Harper should not overreach because doing so will provoke a genuine and not-undeserved backlash. But it's a laugh that the Liberals presume to be the ones to dictate terms -- they are irrelevant.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#12 May 26, 2011
11:04 am, Thursday, May 26,@011:
RE: Harper could shape the Supreme Court for decades
..... For those who still don't know this: In a majority government condition the Prime Minister has dictatorial powers, with the so-called "checks and balances" apparently made inoperative until the next election. The voters recently decided to give dictatorial powers to Harper, and now we all must live with that until the next election, and absorb the very many coming many speeches, writings, videos, etc. of the NDP opposition and those of the Liberals. their funding permitting.
BlahBlahBlah

Toronto, Canada

#13 May 30, 2011
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index....

Majority governments are not dictatorships. And it's not Harper's job to make the NDP, the Liberal Party, and the Bloc Quebecois less ridiculous. The blame goes to the moron cheerleaders for those parties who don't push their parties to take more reasonable positions and thus win a bigger share of the vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veterans charter a 'Liberal' policy: Harper Dec 10 Libertarian Utopia 1
Tory sting operation ends up catching Tories Nov 24 nationwide race war 1
Is it chilly in here? Relations between Liberal... Nov 20 Buffalo this week 1
Baloney Meter: Is Harper government really spen... Sep '14 other sell outs 1
Former PMs, aboriginal leaders join forces to e... Sep '14 Willy 2
What the US military wants for missile defence:... Sep '14 Pear 1
Thomas Juneau: Behind Canada's shifting rhetori... Aug '14 Agenda 21 1
More from around the web