Patrick Swayze Is Not, Was Not, and Never Will Be Gay; He Was Just Frustrated

Posted in the Patrick Swayze Forum

Nancy

Garner, IA

#1 Feb 5, 2012
I'm a Midwestern, older Christian woman (which makes me boring but rational) who has thought Patrick Swayze was God's gift to the rest of us lesser mortals, not a sexual deviate to be pilloried by the rest of us dumb asses. This marvelous creature was pummeled enough by three very strong women who dominated his life and therefore his life choices.

First, he was Catholic. The Mother Church will make sure you never have sex beyond the missionary position, and if you do you will forever feel guilty about it.(My first true love was Catholic.'Nuff said). Even Patrick's wife says he was a prude. To me that says Mama made sure he was a good little Catholic boy.
No wonder in his later married years he explored Buddhism, etc.,--anything to give him permission to open up his life.

His mother was a ball breaker. She choreographed dance and made all the children (4 I think) learn dance. Do you think 4 children in any family WANT to dance? Fortunately for us, Patrick was terrific at it, AS HE WAS IN ALL SPORTS, including captaining the football team, being great at gymnastics, track, and other sports. Dance was one of two sports he had college scholarships for. Which one do you think Mama would have wanted him to pursue?

His wife was unsupportive. Granted, he married her at her age 19, and she was Catholic, too. But she was so busy trying to follow Mama's lead as a choreographer that she didn't even bother to take Patrck's NAME of Swayze until he DIED after 36 years of marriage. I know that was the California "thing" in those days to retain your own name, but she was in the Texas Bible belt. And about that prudishnes in bed-- whose job is it to cure that? Any red-blooded non-Catholic woman knows the answer to that one. His wife wouldn't let him grow spiritually or sexually, so you could see it come out in his dance, while the rest of us girls (and some of the guys too!) chewed our knuckles.

This man was a national treasure. I just hope I get to see him in person in the next round.

Feel free to comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Swayze Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patrick swayze is gay (Sep '06) Apr '15 Suzanne Atkins 348
News Send Your Messages To Patrick Swayze (Mar '08) Dec '14 Janet McCain 420
News I'm still alive, says Patrick Swayze from hospi... (Apr '09) Dec '14 dirty dancing 13
News "Point Break" Reboot Sells Out Worldwide (Nov '13) Nov '13 BeanieHat 3
News Swayze's Cancer Treatment Response Positive - E... (Apr '08) Sep '13 Xander 6
News Patrick Swayze responding well to cancer treatm... (Apr '08) Sep '13 Caden 4
News In honor of 'Footloose,' 5 great '80s soundtracks (Oct '11) Jul '13 Jiggling 11
More from around the web