Patrick Swayze's Rep Denies Death Rumors

Patrick Swayze's Rep Denies Death Rumors

There are 14 comments on the E! Online story from May 19, 2009, titled Patrick Swayze's Rep Denies Death Rumors. In it, E! Online reports that:

Don't believe the rumors: Patrick Swayze is "alive and well." The Internet exploded this morning with rumors that the Dirty Dancing star had lost his public battle with pancreatic cancer , but the actor's rep has quickly corrected the record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at E! Online.

Mike

Chesterton, IN

#1 May 19, 2009
I think that is awesome if Patrick is feeling good and doing well. He is an exceptional actor and kind hearted soul. I wish him the very best and he is in our hearts and prayers. God Bless, Patrick, and get back to work! Lol
cheryl

Georgetown, SC

#2 Jun 8, 2009
i will continue to pray for you and your family,i have always been a gracious fan. i have long admired your work, and your talent is larger than life. this is truly what it is all about , none of us know when it will be our time for each day is a gift. may god's love and power surround you and keep you safe and make you strong. thoughts and prayers to all of your family. love you
cheryl
Beauty and the Beast

New York, NY

#3 Jun 8, 2009
If he's not gone, he will be soon enough. There is no cure for his type of cancer. Its kind of ironic in a way. He has all the money and can buy whatever he wants ... but he cant buy a cure. I'm sure that humbled him in a big way ... big time.
kathy from Florida

United States

#5 Jul 10, 2009
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
If he's not gone, he will be soon enough. There is no cure for his type of cancer. Its kind of ironic in a way. He has all the money and can buy whatever he wants ... but he cant buy a cure. I'm sure that humbled him in a big way ... big time.
Until you've walked in his shoes, you need not be so sure of what you say. God can turn things around. Man may not have a cure, but man is not in control of this world, and people need to know that. God still rules. I feel your remarks are rude and uncaring, and I pray that you are never in a situation where you think it is all about money.
kathy from Florida

United States

#6 Jul 10, 2009
Patrick, I will continue to pray for you and your lovely wife. Keep looking up God is in control. Put your trust in Him and He will see you through anything. The Bible says "God will not put any more on you than you can handle". Be strong and keep the faith. I have seen several of my familym members go to be with the Lord from cancer, and I have seen God heal my Mother and Sister of cancer, so just keep believing and trusting God. Love you
Beauty and the Beast

New York, NY

#7 Jul 10, 2009
kathy from Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you've walked in his shoes, you need not be so sure of what you say. God can turn things around. Man may not have a cure, but man is not in control of this world, and people need to know that. God still rules. I feel your remarks are rude and uncaring, and I pray that you are never in a situation where you think it is all about money.
Oh please ... get off the God crap. He has untreatable incurable cancer dumbass. Chemo is only prolonging his lfe. Without it he would have been dead a long time ago. These celebrities think they're immortal. Money cant buy immortality.

RealMusicFan

“I'm Joe Cool”

Since: Dec 07

Wasilla

#8 Jul 11, 2009
<quoted text>Oh please ... get off the God crap. He has untreatable incurable cancer dumbass. Chemo is only prolonging his lfe. Without it he would have been dead a long time ago. These celebrities think they're immortal. Money cant buy immortality.
Worse than that, it can't even buy a decent tv show......
SELINA69

Norridgewock, ME

#9 Jul 13, 2009
RealMusicFan wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that, it can't even buy a decent tv show......
WOW I WILL PRAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!
YOU HAVE A SAD LIFE IF YOU THINK GOD IS CRAP:( I'M SORRY!
GOD BE WITH YOU PATRICK, AND GOD BE WITH YOUR LOVED ONES! LIVE EVERY DAY TO ITS FULLEST!! BUT I KNOW YOU WILL:):)
Matt

Glassboro, NJ

#10 Jul 13, 2009
Hopefully he keeps fighting.

Every body is different and has a chance.

Sadly 5% live one year or longer.

“I'M NOT MARRIED beautiful girl”

Since: Jul 09

Round Rock,Palo Alto(lol) EDH?

#11 Jul 14, 2009
He needs more than very best wishes...Patrick needs a miracle...Heaven knows ... My prayers are with you....
australia

Australia

#14 Sep 8, 2009
<quoted text>Oh please ... get off the God crap. He has untreatable incurable cancer dumbass. Chemo is only prolonging his lfe. Without it he would have been dead a long time ago. These celebrities think they're immortal. Money cant buy immortality.
Yeah ok i don't agree with the god crap either but c'mon celebrities don't think thay are immortal, above the law maybe but not immortal and i am sure they are aware that money can't buy immortality. Of course chemo is helping to keep him alive and he may well be another casualty to this horrible disease but it doesn't mean he should just lay down and let it beat him without a fight. Patrick Swayze is beating the odds and surviving a lot longer than most and using his power and money to make awareness and help find a cure. Maybe he will be one of the lucky ones maybe not but maybe just maybe one day you might experience the pain, anguish and heartache of this very disease first hand either because it's grabbed a hold of you or someone you love and how do you think you would feel if someone were as inconsiderate to you as you have been in previous comments. Maybe you might be one of the lucky ones and all because their money, his money did bring you immortality - dumbass.
Dustin

Duncan, OK

#15 Sep 14, 2009
Well he has passed away now abd its not a rumor

“Happily Married To The Best”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, Ca

#16 Sep 14, 2009
Sad.
Amber

Chester, SC

#17 Sep 14, 2009
Whether you want to believe in the power of God or not I think the comments of beauty and the beast are very inappropriate. Do you know Patrick Swayze personally or just throwing up words and ASSumptions? Regardless of the amount of money he has worked hard for, which you are obviously envious of, he is a person, a husband, a son, a friend and your lack of compassion is just sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Swayze Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I'm still alive, says Patrick Swayze from hospi... (Apr '09) Feb 24 Dirty Trolling 17
Patrick swayze is gay (Sep '06) Jan 28 Jay34 360
News Is Johnny Castle Thinking About 'Dirty Dancing'... (Aug '08) Aug '16 Freddy the Fright... 2
News Revealed: Up to 60 per cent of grieving people ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News ABC Casts Colt Prattes to Lead Dirty Dancing Re... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Never Heard Of Him 1
Patrick Swayze Is Not, Was Not, and Never Will ... (Feb '12) Dec '15 JSabo 2
Patrick swayze (Nov '15) Nov '15 Grace 2
More from around the web