Book: Obama hoped to try bin Laden, i...

Book: Obama hoped to try bin Laden, if captured

There are 3 comments on the Bradenton.com story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Book: Obama hoped to try bin Laden, if captured. In it, Bradenton.com reports that:

This undated image from video seized from the walled compound of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad, Pakistan and released by the U.S. Department of Defense shows a man identified by the U.S. government as Osama Bin Laden in front of a television.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bradenton.com.

Brandt Hardin

Memphis, TN

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Our Government would have never wanted a trial like this with all the issues involved to see the light of day. Well over a year after Bin Laden’s death and over 10 years since 9/11, American citizens are still blindly allowing their civil liberties to be taken away one piece of legislation at a time in the naming of fighting a nonexistent homeland threat. How much freedom are we willing to sacrifice to feel safe? What difference did it make killing Bin Laden and Hussein if nothing has changed? You can read much more about living in this Orwellian society of fear and see my visual response to these measures on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/09/li...
Mohammed

Hyderabad, India

#2 Oct 3, 2012
I like the answer of this German Scholar when he was asked about terrorism and Islam: He said:

· Who started the First World War, which killed 37 million and injured 22, 379, 053 that includes 7 million civilians? Muslims?
· Who started the Second World War, which killed over 60 million, which was over 2.5% of the world population? Muslims?
· Who killed about 20 million of Aborigines in Australia? Muslims?
· Who drop the nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which killed 166,000 people in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki? Muslims?
· Who killed more than 100 million Red Indians in North America? Muslims?
· Who killed more than 50 million Indian in South America? Muslims?
· Who took about 180 million African people as slaves and when 88% of them died, threw them into the Atlantic Ocean? Muslims?
NO
They weren’t Muslims! First of all, you have to define terrorism properly…. If a non-Muslim does something bad… it is crime. But if a Muslim commits the same, he is a terrorist. So first remove the double standard… then come to the point.
*** Just for your information ***
PATRIOT

Carmel, ME

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Mohammed wrote:
I like the answer of this German Scholar when he was asked about terrorism and Islam: He said:
· Who started the First World War, which killed 37 million and injured 22, 379, 053 that includes 7 million civilians? Muslims?
· Who started the Second World War, which killed over 60 million, which was over 2.5% of the world population? Muslims?
· Who killed about 20 million of Aborigines in Australia? Muslims?
· Who drop the nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which killed 166,000 people in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki? Muslims?
· Who killed more than 100 million Red Indians in North America? Muslims?
· Who killed more than 50 million Indian in South America? Muslims?
· Who took about 180 million African people as slaves and when 88% of them died, threw them into the Atlantic Ocean? Muslims?
NO
They weren’t Muslims! First of all, you have to define terrorism properly…. If a non-Muslim does something bad… it is crime. But if a Muslim commits the same, he is a terrorist. So first remove the double standard… then come to the point.
20 million Aborigines killed-untrue.
166,000 killed in Japan with A-bomb-untrue.
100 million native Americans,(Indians), killed-untrue.
50 million Indians in South American killed-untrue.
188 million African salves brought to America-untrue.

So, it won't make any difference what your definition of terrorism is, if you lie about the numbers, you have a 'credibility' issue. Of course, people like you have always had a credibility issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osama bin Laden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bin Laden son-in-law arrested in Jordan is brou... (Mar '13) Sun Never Forget 71
News Bush Thanks Osama bin Laden for Giving Him a Se... (Mar '06) Jun 15 swedenforever 12
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Jun 2 Vaginal wall failure 45
News Gadhafi: U.S. should seek peace with bin Laden (Feb '09) May '16 TrumpSIAH 52
Washington Diplomat News Apr '16 Tom Horner 1
News Romney 'applauds' Obama for Osama bin Laden raid (May '12) Feb '16 Jared Axelrod Dem... 51
News Navy SEAL 'kept picture of Osama's corpse' Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web