Musician-legislator pens 'hit' for vets

Musician-legislator pens 'hit' for vets

There are 1 comment on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Aug 4, 2008, titled Musician-legislator pens 'hit' for vets. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

D isability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs would reach vets sooner, and with special swiftness for severely wounded vets and their families, under legislation unanimously passed Wednesday ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

HELP_OUR_VETS

Jamaica, NY

#1 Aug 5, 2008
We need to do whatever it takes to make this bill a LAW. With over 800,000 veterans still waiting on their disability claims, is it any wonder why there are over 300,000 homeless veterans? If you care about our returning veterans I totally recommend watching the film called WHEN I CAME HOME - it's all about Iraq veterans who end up homeless after being denied their benefits: http://www.whenicamehome.com

HELP OUR VETS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 50 Things to do this weekend (Jun '15) Jun '15 American Gentlema... 1
News Franklin makes the anthem her own (Feb '06) Oct '14 Uretha 10
News After Jazz Fest, Hall will stay in N.O. for rec... (May '13) May '13 Katharine Richardson 1
News Mardi Gras revelry, parades take over New Orleans (Feb '12) Mar '12 Mr_Bill 13
News Uncle Kracker Set for Orleans Showroom Gig, Apr... (Mar '12) Mar '12 LvGigs 1
News The Wee Trio: Ashes To Ashes - A David Bowie In... (Mar '12) Mar '12 tigger31086 1
News The Naked Brothers dress up for debut outing (Oct '08) Jun '11 Lidia 19
More from around the web