I need your help Oprah ,please help me
Flanagan

Whitney, PA

#25 Apr 18, 2010
Dear Oprah,

I am a full time working mother of two. My husband and I are happily married but since last June 2009 he has been living and working in Maryland while I maintain my full time job and care for our children, ages 6 and 9, in Pennsylvania. We had opened a restaurant in 2007 hoping to realize our version of the American dream (being our own boss). As it happened we attempted to open a small business during the worst economic downturn in American history since the Great Depression. Thankfully, my husband found a job in 2009, and having placed our house on the market and sold it after waiting patiently for 10 months, we are trying desperately to reunite our family in Maryland. We've made good offers on 3 houses in Severna Park, Maryland but for one reason or another, all have fallen through. We are ideal candidates for the President's home buyers' credit and we had done much to research houses in Maryland since winter of 2009 knowing we'd need to be ready to relocate.

We are in financial good standing despite our business failure. We are responsible, hard working, but very over stressed, over worked and exhausted parents who just want to live together again as a family. We wanted to contribute to the essential small business foundation that sustains our country and we just couldn't make it work. We closed our business before we were in such financial hardship that we would have compromised our children's future.

Oprah, can you help us? We need relief and we just need to be reunited. We are shocked that given our excellent credit, our maturity and reliability and our willingness to make fair offers (offers within 97% of list price), we cannot seem to get a break. Our time and emotions are running out and April 30 is fast approaching.

If you have an advocate near Baltimore, Maryland who could help us expedite this process, we would greatly appreciate it. We don't need money, but we seem to need an influential individual who can help us move forward with the purchase of a home.
yvett

Cleveland, OH

#26 Apr 19, 2010
We all have sooooooo many issues !!!! However does anyone really read or answer these notes???? When OPRAH help people how does she choose???? Is there anybody in the world who really here people like us who are really in need, that have hit some hard times in life in need a little hand just to get over the hump ??? Is there if soo. I need your help ,but I do not feel I should hve to post alll my personal business for the WORLD to see??? WHY ??? I want to continue college but cant !!!! Thats only one of my serious issues. MOther lost a lot trying to keep me there. We have USED every bit of any type of savings and my DAD was NEVER that. Havent seen him in years.
NICOLE

Norfolk, VA

#27 Apr 19, 2010
MY dad is about to loose HIS HOUSE AND HIS FAMILY OR HOW I SAY HIS KIDS IS BRAKING UP AND THEY ALL HE GOT THIS FAMILY IS A MAS AND WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET SO SOME BODY ANY BODY PLEASE I'M BEGGING TO HELP US
levan

Milwaukee, WI

#28 Apr 22, 2010
omg i'm so stressed i'm gonna have a heart attack Oprah. and i'm an athletic 21 yr old with 3 kids and a wife. i messed up my opportunities so bad in my teen years, now its so hard to go back to school and provide for my family at the same time. i dont know what the heck to do. i need a miracle. i dont even know if you'll actually get this post.. but i'm here begging you for a scholarship. i know how you love to help good people in need.. i feel like an idiot having 3 kids at such a young and unready age but accidents happened and i dont believe in abortions. im goin crazy workin dead end jobs at this age, knowing that i'm capable of so much more. my wife is stuck with me and i feel so sry for her, because she's so beautiful she could've probably made any millionaire fall in love with her but she got stuck with a loser like me. the thing is, i know that i couldve been so much more. and the thought of working my butt off until i die to barely get by shatters my spirit. i buy a 1 dollar powerball every Wednesday and Saturday because hitting it is nothing short of a miracle. and thats exactly what i need. i want to go to school and use my brain to its fullest potential. i want to have a career that is well respected. i've pretty much givin up my hopes and dreams already. i see no way i can pull it off. will you help me? will you be my miracle?
ekramy salalah

Muscat, Oman

#29 May 25, 2010
hello muneera rawas i like to know u if u dont mind and with plesure u can add my email [email protected]
muneera rawas wrote:
DEAR OPRAH
i love you so much iam from oman dear oprah you are verey kaind some taim i hoop to go to you and talk bleave me you are verey cloose of my heart
Ineed your advaise i woul laik to tell you avrey thing abuot me good plees you
I want to be your frend my mother is daid on 1990
I have big faimly but Ifill lonely
Iam mother of faif children
Dear oprah no one can understand me I need you to write to me thank you thank you my angel
ekramy salalah

Muscat, Oman

#30 May 25, 2010
hello muneera rawas i like to know u if u dont mind and with plesure u can add my email [email protected]
crystal hawkins

United States

#32 Jun 12, 2010
hello this letter is urgent as of yester year I have a great job and am gonna have to resign,I dont want to but the circumstances in my life will not let me get ahead. Everything is folding in on me and I am fighting like a wild cat. In every area of my life things are wrong. I am homeless, I am going to loose all my possesions, I just got evicted May 10,2010 My mom was diagnosed with dimensia,and my older sister brainwashed and kidknapped her so she could forget me and my daughter. as of june 21,2010 if i dont go bac to work I will have no job and everything i worked for is gone i dont want to be on this earth anymore.I feel suicidal because evrything is done and if i cant pull myself ot of this hole i might as well be dead. I work for the city of ny doing highway repair.i am the shop steward. But the help i am getting is very limited. There is a lot of people who wish me bad and is glad that i lost my home of 41years,and hope i loose my job too.. I am tired of fighting a loosing battle. i am praying till no end but maybe it was meant for me to loose all my worldly belongings. I love helping people and talking to any and everyone. all my main problems is money but if you see the talenents that i have you wouldnt understand how i got like this but it would definately be more than 4000 characters it is a sad story and i dont have much time. i drive trucks for a living, and my car ins. is due. one that laps i wont have a job cause that will run into my license and then it is over i have nowhere to take a shower and i am a woman,who works in the dirt and is living in my car for now. i am tired and my bones are sore vexed. I have no family that gives a hoot and my daughter is just not taking things seriuosly. I am hangn on by a thread and dnt know what to do . My cell phone will be on till June 30th as per computer, but after that i will loose all communication with everybody. I have no significant other no one to depend on and i am in the worst possible state of mind that i have been all my life. my cell is 718 350 68-55 and my email address is [email protected] If there is something you can do so that i dont go unde please hhelp fast the end of my time is here. I have so many situations going on that i dont know where to start.please help me b4 its to late.
A Guy Who may help

Denver, CO

#34 Jun 15, 2010
This guy may help. Vote for him and he will help you.

http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html...
Emmanuel hobyani

Västerlanda, Sweden

#35 Jun 15, 2010
Oprha i live in south africa i am 15 i want you to help to get in acting and i am writer and wrote two movies can you help me to brodcast them pls
Broofasa Fantastiko

New Zealand

#36 Jun 16, 2010
Stedman

Uniontown, OH

#37 Jun 16, 2010
Ya'll need to quit bothering mah sugga momma. If you really need need help ol Stedman will help ya looks like most that need help help on here are fine females well you do something for me ol Stedman will take care of ya just don't tell Oprah
Paula Williams

Boston, MA

#38 Jun 17, 2010
Hi Oprah i am a single parent of two boys I was laid off 2yrs ago I have been looking for a job every day i pick up a temp assignment here and there I am on the verg of committing Suicide i have lost everything Please help me I will move to Chicago any thing please respond to me.
Anonymous

Sweden

#39 Jul 2, 2010
I am young boy growing up to face the future i'm from a family of 9 and i am the fourth born.I wish i were there in 1986 by the time the Oprah Show started.I am from a poor family,and also a school drop out.It's been my dream to become somebody great in future so that i could also help the needy as Miss Oprah does.I am very proud of this woman and her good works and humanity for people.I know the good Lord will continue to bless her.It's been my dream to someday meet with Oprah.I even posted a mail on her site if i would be able to hear from her.Her show has really motivated me in so many ways.I have not watch all her shows,but with the little i have watched has thought me something.I got to know of Oprah at the age of 8.I really do remember my school teacher used to talk to us about her.I really was touched during her times in her show when she previewed to viewers the help she rendered to the needy.God will really bless you Oprah.All I ask of Operah is to help me achieve my dreams so that i can also able to help the needy someday.I would love to continue my educations.I know is the only key to success.Dear Oprah,if you can really help me,then i pray the good Lord touches your heart so that you.Because of financial problems in my family,if things continue to be like this,I will not be able to continue my education.I plead with you to help me in the name of God.Even though i dont get any help from you,God will still continue to bless you because you've help others before.I know its not the end of the world.I am hopeful that my mail will be given favourable consideration.Thank you and God bless you.SAMUEL Email([email protected] com)
mohamed abdirahman

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#40 Jul 31, 2010
hi oprah ilike you how to help people and i love you so much mother and want to help me at side of education iam man of 27 years of age because education is the key of life,so if you help at that side you helped me at side of my life ilive in AFRICA especialy in Ethiopia especily somali region, ilike in may higher education to take in USA,and i can't pay that money wether education fee or transportation please help me will be some day your RIGHT HAND '' MY EMIAL [email protected]
kedir

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#41 Aug 1, 2010
oprah i live in ethiopia i am i need of ur help my parents r poor they live country side i am very sory about the situation going on now i joined nurse college should i think what to eat,payment,education for real send me little money in order to get out this missery live ur good woman who loves all people my address email is [email protected]
mohamed abdirahman

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#42 Aug 1, 2010
mother of africa help me even if i can cover my daily life if you cover my education fee in USA because you know our mother land
Daniel

United States

#43 Aug 3, 2010
Oprah,
I have no clue this is going to help my situation any but I believe that there is good in every situation. My name is Daniel Shannon, I am 17 years old living in Indianapolis; hometown Anderson, IN. June 20 2008 I was hit by a drunk Driver at 1 oclock in the daytime. I was riding a bike to a friends house. He didnt have any insurance. So my family is stuck paying the debt. I Dont think it is fair that my family has to pay debt of another persons fault. I have recovered I suffered from broken bones my knees took most of the impact. I have problems but I thank God everyday for me being able to walk. Oprah I watch your show, My family is not in the best of situations. We are a family of 7. Oprah is there anything that can be done to help my situation.
Thank you
Wendy

Cary, NC

#46 Aug 18, 2010
Good After Oprah... I am looking for so words of advice please... I was told to email and ask...I am a divorced mother of one and taking care og my 85 year ild grandmother... My mother passed at the age of 26.. I was 4, my grandmother raised my sister and I .. My grandmother fell and broke her shoulder and now is in a rehab and might not be able to come back home to leave with m.. She makes the statements like I gave up my life to raise you girls and I really sont think that she means to make me feel guilty ,,, but she does... I she says something or ask me to do something and I say no... I still do it out of guilt... What can I do not to feel like that ... My grandmother use to live with me before 6 years ago and I started drinking heavey then thimking that it would take away the problem ... Guess what ... IT DIDNT... I even went to rehab myself and I have been sober for now 3 years... I dont want to fall backwards again... I need help with trying not to feel gulity anymore...
justgetaJOB

United States

#47 Aug 20, 2010
I AM AMAZED AT EVERYONE ON THE TOPICS HERE, THIS IS JUST PLAIN SHAMEFUL..EVERYONE OF YOU ARE JUST WRITTING HER FOR MONEY, GET A JOB..THERE ISNT ONE COMMENT WITHOUT YOU ALL BEING MONEY HUNGRY STORY TELLERS YOU ALL ARE DIS GRACEFUL!!!!
justgetaJOB

United States

#48 Aug 20, 2010
Oprah,
I have no clue this is going to help my situation any but I believe that there is good in every situation. My name is Daniel Shannon, I am 17 years old living in Indianapolis; hometown Anderson, IN. June 20 2008 I was hit by a drunk Driver at 1 oclock in the daytime. I was riding a bike to a friends house. He didnt have any insurance. So my family is stuck paying the debt. I Dont think it is fair that my family has to pay debt of another persons fault. I have recovered I suffered from broken bones my knees took most of the impact. I have problems but I thank God everyday for me being able to walk. Oprah I watch your show, My family is not in the best of situations. We are a family of 7. Oprah is there anything that can be done to help my situation.THANK YOU . TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, YOU SAID IT WASNT RIGHT THAT YOU HAD TO PAY FOR IT AND IT ....DAMN SURE AINT OPRAHS PLACE..SO GET YOURSELF A LAWYER AND IF YOU CANT AFFORD ONE THE COURTS WILL APPOINT YOU ONE....DAMN I JUST WONDER WAT OPRAH THINKS OF ALL YOU BEGGERS..LMFAO!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oprah Winfrey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds (Dec '08) Thu silly rabbit 1,085
News Oprah Winfrey chosen to speak at Agnes Scott gr... Apr 16 Wilbur Gene 3
oprah help me if you can please (Nov '10) Apr 1 Demetra Bruno 55
Running for President comment Mar '17 Bilmo 2
The Bitter Hatred/Discrimination of African-Am... Feb '17 Rhoda 1
Oprah Winfrey to auction contents from Chicago ... (Apr '15) Feb '17 Atsede 4
Save Belmead Powhatan Virginia Feb '17 Marsha Poole 1
More from around the web