Oingo Boingo

Oingo Boingo

There are 4 comments on the MIX969.com story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Oingo Boingo. In it, MIX969.com reports that:

Although Oingo Boingo was often compared to Devo throughout their career , Oingo Boingo never obtained the mainstream success that Devo did. via MIX969.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MIX969.com.

Betti Felon

San Diego, CA

#1 Oct 9, 2007
I disagree about Oingo Boingo not reaching a mainstream success, and I also disagree that Devo ever did this. I, at least, heard Oingo on the radio far more often than I ever did Devo.
The NewRo

Woodland Hills, CA

#2 Oct 23, 2007
I'm not sure which Oingo Boingo you listened to, but they were much more popular and received much more radio play than Devo ever did. Especially since Danny Elfman began doing soundtracks for major motion pictures, it gave them increased exposure. "Weird Science" outdid "Dr. Detroit" by Devo in terms of radio success. You still hear it on classic alternative stations.
The Newro'
http://newwavetunes.blogspot.com/

“Very cute!”

Since: Apr 13

United States

#3 Oct 21, 2014
OB forever.

:)
Atlanta Puppeteer

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 1, 2017
Oingo Boingo

August 1, 2017
Tuesday

Hello!
Gentlemen:
Please read the writing……………………….

Cloud Computer, Floating Earth Satellite Footprint, Cameras Electronic Pictures of Radio Electric Transmission Field Arrays and Television Electric Transmission Field Arrays and The Secret Police Telephone Computers

“Army Research Grant to Explore Communication through Brain Waves
Action Movies, Sci Fi, Science Fiction Movies, Thriller, Clint Eastwood Forum”
Google-United States
Yahoo-United States
Bing- United States

Army Studies Grant, Now! Exploring and Communicating with Brain Waves, Science Fiction?
Please watch and study your UHF Television Station Information Commercial Program and Show!

Go Karts and Cool Lemonade Drink Picnics are Fun!

Operator No. 2
American Pie Jamboree
February 23, 1975
New York, New York

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oingo Boingo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2010's Most-Played Halloween Songs (Nov '10) Sep '11 jasom 2
News Q. and A.With Danny Elfman (Sep '10) Sep '10 J_Skell 2
News Bones: 'Dead Man's Party' Music Video (Apr '10) Apr '10 KIRA 1
News The Best Halloween Vids Ever (Nov '09) Nov '09 9FingeredElf 2
is bozo william and david ? Sep '08 Bubba the Saint 0
News Marooned in the '80s (May '07) May '07 monkeyfuel 1
More from around the web