Drew Peterson sued: Peterson faces lawsuit over death of Kathle...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Saying they've waited long enough for a grand jury to act, attorneys for the family of Drew Peterson 's third wife filed a wrongful-death lawsuit Tuesday against the former Bolingbrook police sergeant.
Comments
1 - 20 of 210 Comments Last updated May 14, 2009
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
bear nuts

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

It's a absolute shame that this Scumbag has not been convicted with the murders of his wives. Just another OJ. Rot in Hell you Scumbag!!!
PAT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Please let this cold hearted man get what he deserves.
da Pope

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Savio's family can say it is about justice but that comes from the criminal case. The law suit is about money and I see "Ron Goldman Jr's" lining up behind this civil suit.
lionel

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Some other sources said he is 64, what's his actual age?
goldie rosensmith

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

good I hope he gets what he deserves. this guy is a real low life.
jfp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

I would not award the family anything. Drew has not been found guilty of anything. Awarding monetary damages based on whether people like him or not or whether people think he might have done it is not right.
just bob

Lake Zurich, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

This guy hasen"t been convicted yet and her family is suing him doesn"t make any sence.
Dave

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

These civil suits are nothing but nonsense. Since when is placing a monetary figure against the suspected killer more important than proving them guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt? And if they find Drew Petersen guilty, how much in terms of assets do they plan on getting from a man who made less than six figures when he was working? I feel sorry for the family and their loss, but the people that should be sued - if at all - should be the police department for bungling up this case. If the missing wife ever turns up dead because of Peterson, then I say we should investigate his previous wife's death again, and perhaps consider a civil suit at that time. For now - this is wasteful, shameful and outright wrong.
Writer Of Wrongs

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

,snip>It alleges that on the day of Savio's funeral, rather than attend a reception for family and friends, Peterson removed personal property that had not yet been inventoried.

Peterson said he took things for the children, such as beds and clothes. <snip>

Yeah, sure he did. Just pull up a truck on the day of her funeral and started loading .. what a cold-hearted monster !
Was it then that he destroyed her will and replaced it with the forgery ? Interesting how Drew got everything....and the Bolingbrook Police did absolutely nothing. Kathleen was disrespected and abused even in death by some of the same people who are not *investigating her death*. Is it no wonder there has been no arrest ? Perhaps they're too busy covering eachothers rear ends.
Maybe it's time for the Justice Department to step in.
oh my

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

just bob wrote:
This guy hasen"t been convicted yet and her family is suing him doesn"t make any sence.
Just Bob, good name. Explains why you need to be explained to, oh my.
oh my

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

jfp wrote:
I would not award the family anything. Drew has not been found guilty of anything. Awarding monetary damages based on whether people like him or not or whether people think he might have done it is not right.
Oh my, another.
Writer Of Wrongs

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

da Pope wrote:
Savio's family can say it is about justice but that comes from the criminal case. The law suit is about money and I see "Ron Goldman Jr's" lining up behind this civil suit.
300,000 is not a lot of money, subjectively speaking, and if successful it goes to the kids. BYW:
the kids were supposed to get Kathleens estate. Drew saw to it that never happened via theft and fraud.
Ivy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

just bob wrote:
Yeah, and OJ wasn't convicted either.
MWeb

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
<quoted text>
300,000 is not a lot of money, subjectively speaking, and if successful it goes to the kids.
Agreed. If they were filing the suit solely for monetary gain, they would have asked for more in damages. The whole situation is sad, and I hope at the very least, that Peterson has to pay up for killing Kathleen. Of course, I'd prefer to see him rot in prison...

“be who you are”

Since: Dec 07

chicago, il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

since when is it ok to sue someone for something they have not been convicted of? if any of you know this man is guilty and have the evidence to proof it then please turn it over to the police right away other wise save your lounge chair justice for the nancy grace show.
Bubba

Dyersville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

If this happened in 2004, how has the statute of limitations not run for a wrongful death case?

blk

Since: Apr 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Bubba, I may be wrong, but I believe the statute of limitations has not yet run out because they just determined last year that this was a homicide and not an accident. So, I believe that they would have two years from that time to file suit.

Since: Jan 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Oh come on with the "innocent until proven guilty" load. The Bush era proved our constitutional rights didn't matter anyway. Put that all that garbage aside - we're all adults here, use your logic. What does your gut tell you? Would you want your daughter living with this guy? Doesn't matter if he's been proven guilty yet, same with OJ. They did it. Problem is with Drew there's no body, and he's a cop, so they'll never be able to make it stick. Bring on the civil suit. Give at least SOME closure to the poor families.
david wayne osedach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

These lawsuits have to be more than a nuisance for Peterson. They are costly and dangerous.
omg

Westmont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

What happened to the cops that covered for him??? They are just a guilty.

No one in their right mind would think someone would drown in an empty bathtub. How could anyone have believed that????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent O.J. Simpson Discussions

Search the O.J. Simpson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
5 things you need to know Friday Jun '14 dkt5331 1
O.J Simpson murder trail closing arguments (Sep '11) Dec '13 gggggjk2 3
Former sister-in-law of O.J. Simpson talks abou... (Apr '10) Dec '13 gggggjk 5
Did OJ confess to Detective Lange? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Solipso 3
O.J. Simpson On 'Anger Management'? It's A Poss... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dr J 2
Dominick Dunne, author of crime stories, dies (Sep '09) Jun '13 unnes words 3
OJ Is Guilty But Not Of Murder Author William Dear (Sep '07) Jun '13 k stehle 9
•••
•••