The true story behind the lyrics to S...
Trumpelstilt

Ottawa, Canada

#579 Jun 18, 2009
it is not a story. It is a recounting of what actually happened, as clearly as I can remember it.
I have explained the meaning of the song more accurately and more thoroughly than anyone else ever has , because I am the one who wrote it.

Since: Jun 09

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#580 Jun 20, 2009
Trumpelstilt wrote:
it is not a story. It is a recounting of what actually happened, as clearly as I can remember it.
I have explained the meaning of the song more accurately and more thoroughly than anyone else ever has , because I am the one who wrote it.
I think, there are explanations equal in accuracy and thoroughness in the universe, which have other sense.
It is widely known that critic often has more accurate and complete explanation of work of art than author itself.
Your explanation does not prove you are the author. It only proves you are wise man.
Trumpelstilt

Ottawa, Canada

#581 Jun 20, 2009
Sokolov Yura wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, there are explanations equal in accuracy and thoroughness in the universe, which have other sense.
It is widely known that critic often has more accurate and complete explanation of work of art than author itself.
Your explanation does not prove you are the author. It only proves you are wise man.

I was pointing out that the reason that I have such convincing insight into the meaning of the song is because I am the one who wrote it. That gives me an unfair advantage in any competition to interpret the lyrics.
I have not asked you to accept the explanation of the lyrics as the only proof that I wrote it.
I agree with you that I am going to need more concrete of this .

Lol

Fayetteville, AR

#582 Jun 22, 2009
Wow liarr. "come doused in mud,served in bleach" came from a bilboard in SEATTLE that Kurt saw, it warned about cleaning needles to prevent the spread of AIDS

Since: Jun 09

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#583 Jun 22, 2009
Trumpelstilt wrote:
That gives me an unfair advantage in any competition to interpret the lyrics
It is the claim. Firstly, there was no such competition and you have not won. Secondly, even if you have "unfair advantage" it does not mean you will win.

So that
Trumpelstilt wrote:
I have not asked you to accept the explanation of the lyrics as the only proof that I wrote it.
it is not just "the only proof". It is NOT a PROOF AT ALL.

Since: Jun 09

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#584 Jun 22, 2009
&fe ature=related

Kurt Cobain says "people put too much meaning into my lyrics ... it making no sense".

He says it in the context of "Rape Me". As he does many times ago in context of all his lyrics. So, when he says it about SMLTS, he says exactly what he means. It is not cause of "your authorship" or any reason else.
Dan

Lake Placid, NY

#585 Jun 24, 2009
And yet you don't have any proof? Not the masterpiece u wrote. U gave away the songs yet decided not to copy them down. How are you the one that is not ashamed?! Coming on here and saying You wrote Cobain's music. A)Cobain said "I often found myself using just little bits of poetry just garbage and trying to find a meaning in it" That explains why he had different explanations for the song. I do the same thing alot. Oh and the quiet loud part that is another part that gives you away. Cobain's favorite band was a soft alternative band named The Pixies. Their signature style in music was QUIET LOUD...LOOK IT UP. Krist(Nirvana's bassist) said " I remember playing Smells like Teen spirit and saying ahh this is such a PIXIES song". The Pixies inspired the quiet loud part. Cobain tryed to down play the lyrics hiding them so you didn't recognize them? A) Listen to Nirvana's bleach album it does almost the same thing. Or did you write those songs also. He down played it by saying the lyrics aren't important? Once again His band mates from the Bleach era remember "he wrote the lyrics to most the songs a day before recording in a hurry". Your so sad. Anyone with the littlest understanding of Kurt's influences,writing and performing style can see your lying. You quote some lyrics from In Utero's song "rape me" which suprisingly has a quiet loud music styled. In utero also contains songs like Francis Farmer will have her revenge on seattle and Milk it which also have a quiet loud music style. The quiet loud was inspired by the Pixies...Listen to Gouge away...Quiet Chorus loud verse. OMG The Heroin part once again is such a lie. Cobain did Heroin before he was famous. He first did it in 1987 2 years before Bleach was realesed which was a failure. Also you said something like The heroin was stopping his guilt so when he tryed to kick the H he would get depressed. Disproved by 10th material. Heroin causes suicidal depression during withdrawals...Look it up. Why didn't you recognize the lyrics...He only changed the first line. Oh and he mumbled it. So what. Last dance with maryjane by Tom petty and Dani California by the RHCP have HUGE controvesy over if RHCP stole. The riff sounds similiar even though it is given a much faster rythem and is tuned down 1/2 a step and people still think its stolen. So you couldn't tell they were "your" lyrics because he changed one line and mumbled them? When I first heard it I could somewhat make out the lyrics of certain parts. As I listened more I could understand the lyrics better. So you listened to it a number of times and still couldn't make out the lyrics.. Its obvious that you just want attention for a huge song in history. You realize that most people don't know why Kurt made music the way he did. Well I do and you only truly have to understand that he was a fan of the band The Pixies and you see there is a much easier explanations for the points you present. Well sorry I had to burst your bubble. Im sorry I came off as mean but you are trying to claim a song that obviously isn't yours. This article proves either 1 of 2 thing. A)Your a retard for not realizing it was your song at the time if it is true. Or B) Your a terrible liar...Im guessing its B.
Trumpelstilt

Ottawa, Canada

#586 Jun 24, 2009
I suspect that some of the people here are not being honest with themselves about how clearly they understood the lyrics themselves back then, or are so young that they were not even around back then.
If Cobain were still alive today,'Nevermind' would have been a much more faded, forgotten, and ignored footnote by now, because the publicity that spawned the death hype industry would never have happened. Many people made a buck on the situation, from cover versions of the song, to anniversary magazine features, documentaries, etc. As I have mentioned already, so many people have been exposed to all the cover versions of the songs with clearer sounding lyrics, that I have to wonder how many of them even realize where they actually came to understand the lyrics to SLTS and Come As You Are, or how they even came to care what the lyrics were, for that matter. Put me in the category of people who neither knew nor particularly cared what the lyrics were back in 1992. Call that retarded if you wish, but I was a 27 year old back then who thought it was not worth putting a lot of energy into understanding a band that I did not particularly like. In a sense I WAS retarded, in that I was very poor and depressed back then. Looking back , I can see that I did not have the resources or energy to get all enthused about music or throw myself full-throttle into 'fan mode' and start buying , concert tickets , tshirts or five dollar magazines in some quest to understand what Nirvana was all about and why they were so popular. I was too poor, jaded, or too old already by then to do the whole teen fan craze thing, and never once heard of the Tori Amos version, etc. I liked NEvermind enough to listen to play it a lot as background music, but one of the main reasons that I bought In Utero a couple of years later, is that remember now that I did so not because I had liked Nevermind that much, enough to buy two of their records, but because I
was confused by them. Part of me still wanted to know why SLTS was on MTV so much, and it pissed me off that I still 'didn't get it'. I guess I had hoped that In Utero would help explain things, but I found the record mostly confusing and depressing, though there were a couple of songs that made it at least bearable.
Trumpelstilt

Ottawa, Canada

#587 Jun 24, 2009
imo, some who come here to not very convincingly project their own character traits onto me: it would not surprise me to find that a lot of them are themselves liars and wannabees who so readily, or eagerly, see themselves in the actions of others.
Dan

Lake Placid, NY

#588 Jun 24, 2009
Oh and you forget Kurt often changed lyrics to songs during live performances...Another lie. Listen to Nirvana's first live performance of Smells like Teen spirit. The lyrics go "Come out to play we got no rules". The song was NOT written by you.
Trumpelstilt

Ottawa, Canada

#589 Jun 24, 2009
the song was written by me. Cobain was constantly altering it, garbling it, parodying it, deriding it, excluding it, etc. The reason is because he didn't write it, and he hated that he had gotten swept up by the whole thing.
I wonder how the Church of Cobain is handling this as of now. Really, people . It's time to grow up and face the weight of the evidence honestly, or at least wait this out until the final pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Stop rushing on here with your half-assed accusations and lousy analysis.
Ron

Peachtree City, GA

#590 Jun 25, 2009
Read Heavier then Heaven, it has explanatons for songs, including SMLTS
song was never you

La Quinta, CA

#591 Jun 26, 2009
song was never you

La Quinta, CA

#592 Jun 26, 2009
comon trumpstiskin...give it up. Its a wide, beautiful world out there to be done and done and done again. Let the genius rest.
Trumpelstilt

Ottawa, Canada

#593 Jun 29, 2009
"let the genius rest" is supposed to mean what...
that we have to conceal the truth in order to preserve an image...
f*** that. The world does not stop with Kurt Cobain.
If he chose suicide, that was his choice, but he nor anyone else can kill the truth.
whatevr

Stockholm, Sweden

#594 Jun 30, 2009
U made up a great story using Kurts character and finding a bunch of loopholes and acting suprised when a random author,(which would be you) stated that the Melvins were touring near ur place 1986.
The racial rant, feminism and mormon shit u wrote about... No comment.
Ur a nutjob, thats my conclusion anyway.
whatevr

Stockholm, Sweden

#595 Jun 30, 2009
U also mentioned that u were "renewed with vigor". Why do u have to be renewed? Dont u belive in ur story urself?
whatevr

Stockholm, Sweden

#596 Jun 30, 2009
hal atosis wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm about to reveal something that will shock you to your core. You will not want to believe it, but it is true.
Many years ago I was asleep in bed. I woke up in a cold sweat, and I had a severe fever. I do not remember what I was dreaming about, but it was intense as hell, and it left behind a string of words that echoed in my head as I woke. I wasn't sure what it meant at the time, but I felt in my heart it was worth the effort of getting my sickened, sweaty, achy body out of bed.
As I wrote the words I knew they had the potential of being world famous. I began to realize they were lyrics to a song. Then music began to accompany my thoughts as I wrote. I described the music on the sheet as well. I then realized how famous this could make me, and I was somehow terrified of this prospect. I stared at the sheet. With such devastating content scrawled on it, I almost convinced myself it would catch fire; like its meaning was not meant to be discovered by mortals, and some religious force was going to take it away. But when i woke in the morning it was where i left it, unharmed.
I decided i could not announce what i had discovered deep in my mind. I would hide the sheet somewhere special, and someone else would find it.
I drove to my local Chuck E. Cheese's that day and hid the sacred song in the ball pit. As I was leaving the pit, three young boys entered. I drove home and eventually forgot about the incident. Some time later, I was listening to the radio, and to my astonishment, I heard the exact song I had written on the sheet!
The song went...
"MMM-BOP DOO-EE DOP DOP DOOWOP DOO-EE DOP DOP DOOWOP DOO-EE DOP DOP YEAH YEAH E YEAH!"
ROFLMAO

Since: Jun 09

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#597 Jun 30, 2009
Trumpelstilt wrote:
Cobain was constantly altering it, garbling it, parodying it, deriding it, excluding it, etc.
Cobain was constantly altering, garbling, parodying, deriding 80% of his songs. 80% OF HIS SONGS WAS WRITTEN IN THIS MANNER.
Trumpelstilt wrote:
The reason is because he didn't write it, and he hated that he had gotten swept up by the whole thing.... the song was written by me
You can prove it, if the Melvins member declares, that they were in the hotel and some stupid body slides sheets of paper under the door. WHEN YOU WILL CONTACT TO MELVINS? It is about an year since you had learn about Kurt's relation to Melvins (at least on this site. But you sad twice, that you had know it two years ago - EXACTLY BEFORE YOU START THE THREAD!!!! HAD STORY WERE BORN THAN??? IS STORY A BULLSHIT???)
Trumpelstilt wrote:
that we have to conceal the truth in order to preserve an image...
f*** that.
F*** YOU!!!!! IT IS YOUR MAIN MISTAKE!!!!!

"I WAS A BIG BOOOOOO OF KURT COBAIN!!!!!! HE FEARS ME!!!!!! HE WAS AFRAID OF ME!!!!!! HE WAS LIAR!!!!!! HE HATES.....!!!!! HE WAS....!!!! HE DID.....!!!!!"

F*** YOU!!!! As you tried to present Kurt as a negative person, we will think YOU_ARE_THE_NEGATIVE_CREEP!!!! !!!!!!
Negative Creep

Rugby, UK

#599 Jul 1, 2009
Steff wrote:
The only issue I'm having here is the way you seem to feel that all of the success surrounding Kurt was due to your inspiring lyrics that randomly came into his possession one time, even if they are yours..........But to claim to be the genius behind all of his success in the future even in songs you know you took no part in writing (especially when you didn't even meet the man properly) is a little pretentious and delusional.
I have to agree with this person. I don't know whether your story is true, it could be for all we know, but you come across very big headed, almost a bit of a meglomaniac (grandiose delusions). In parts you're almost saying that Kurt was totally inspired by you, that he based the rest of the songs on Nevermind on 'your' lyrics, that he didn't like to play the song live through guilt of not being the true writer of the lyrics, that he sang it unintelligably because he didn't want the 'true lyricist' to recognise it, that's why he wore sunglasses at times, his face was obscured in the CAYA video etc and in some posts you even say the guilt(?) from becoming so successful because of your lyrics may have led him to commit suicide. You even say that the SLTS drafts from his journal were written years after the song was first written and were either an attempt to rewrite the lyrics or an attempt to make people believe that he really did write it himself. Seriously, some of the stuff you're coming out with makes you look as though you're totally full of yourself. I find it unbelievable that you didn't even hear these songs or recognise the words until years after Kurt died, were you living on Mars??!!

Why are you telling your story on some obscure forum? Why didn't you set up a blog or something? And why after this thread has been going for 2 years haven't you made any attempt to directly contact either the Melvins or Krist/Dave? Or even other people who were close to him that he may have confided in. The only progress you seem to have made is finding out that the Melvins played a gig 100 miles from this hotel at the time you say you wrote these lyrics and slipped them under the door, which doesn't even prove that Kurt was there =/ Kurt is dead, there is no way he can speak for himself, no way he can either back up your story or say it's actually untrue, unless of course someone like John Edward makes contact with him lol.

I'm not saying that you definitely aren't telling the truth, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, but I'm sorry, I'm inclined to disbelieve you on the grounds you're basing the whole success of Nirvana on yourself in such an unbelievably egotistical way. Saying that, I hope you do write your book so that the people who have read this thread, whether they believe you or not, will know the truth one way or the other. Whether or not you wrote those lyrics, Kurt was still an incredibly talented man, and his success was of his own making. I was a massive Nirvana fan as a teenager and I remember aged 16 finding out about his death and being heartbroken :( Bleach is still my favourite Nirvana album.

BTW, Kurt did not kill himself, it has been shown to have been impossible to have happened the way it was supossed to have happened and the circumstances around it are extremely suspicious to say the least. Please check out cobaincase.com and justiceforkurt.com :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nirvana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nirvana Fans Furious About Chili Peppers Video (May '06) Thu tony briar mitchell 697
News Psychic Says Kurt Cobain Was A 16th Century Mur... (May '06) Aug '16 LisaW 61
News Courtney Love Reminisces About Kurt Cobain on A... (May '14) Aug '16 LisaW 3
News Prince's Most Superhuman Moments (Apr '16) May '16 Anya 3
News Holy Cow: Buckethead Announces First Live Shows... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jane Lucy Marie 1
News White Trash Cowboys - White Trash Cowboys CD Re... (Mar '09) Oct '15 Mark 6
News Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Who should be induc... (May '13) Oct '15 Blschonour 13
More from around the web