Baz boots Russell

Russell Crowe has revealed director Baz Luhrmann dumped him from an Australian-based film project before the Oscar-winning star had a chance to comment on a draft script. Full Story
MaryJo

United States

#1 Jun 7, 2006
I think there is more to this story that what is said here. I was looking forward to them(kidman and Crowe) making a movie together but I heard Hugh Jackman is going to be doing it and actually that sounds almost better!
Julia

Australia

#2 Jun 8, 2006
I heard the same thing.
Whoever does the movie sounds like its going to be a great aussie film.
MaryJo

Oakland, CA

#3 Jun 8, 2006
Julia wrote:
I heard the same thing.
Whoever does the movie sounds like its going to be a great aussie film.
Yea, I will be waiting for that one to come out. The more I think about it I think Jackman was an excellent choice, he is very romantic and TALL!!!
EmilyT

San Diego, CA

#4 Jun 11, 2006
Apart from the fact that people have been waiting for years to see these two together in a movie and this was the perfect opportunity, this will end up being just another movie (the list is getting long) where they say it should have been Crowe instead. So it's hard to imagine that a studio already had him for a part that he was born to play, but turned him away. Very stupid move, unless they think that Nicole is going to be the one to carry this film and I find that will be not likely after her Cold Mountain fizzle.
MaryJo

Oakland, CA

#5 Jun 11, 2006
EmilyT wrote:
Apart from the fact that people have been waiting for years to see these two together in a movie and this was the perfect opportunity, this will end up being just another movie (the list is getting long) where they say it should have been Crowe instead. So it's hard to imagine that a studio already had him for a part that he was born to play, but turned him away. Very stupid move, unless they think that Nicole is going to be the one to carry this film and I find that will be not likely after her Cold Mountain fizzle.
I agree that Nicole and Russell would make a great team but Baz knows what he is doing and he must have a good reason. BTW remember Moulin Rouge she carried that movie very well as well as many others. Jackman is also a great actor and I am sure that Baz Luhrman is not going to waste his time and money for someone that he feels cannot handle the role!!!
ellie

UK

#6 Jun 14, 2006
EmilyT wrote:
I LOVED COLD MOUNTAIN AND IT WENT HUGE IN ENGLAND, i dunno about anywhere else.

Jackman and Kidman will be great together!
MaryJo wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that Nicole and Russell would make a great team but Baz knows what he is doing and he must have a good reason. BTW remember Moulin Rouge she carried that movie very well as well as many others. Jackman is also a great actor and I am sure that Baz Luhrman is not going to waste his time and money for someone that he feels cannot handle the role!!!
Hey MaryJo, I agree! Moulin Rouge ROCKS lol. I'm really happy today so if i keep saying lol and ha ha or tee hee, it's not because i'm crazy it's because i'm happy tee hee.

My best to you both, Ellie.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 May 12, 2012
Bout time !

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 May 12, 2012
Boot ? That's wrong !!
patzy

Berkeley, CA

#11 Nov 8, 2012
I really liked Cold Mountain.
Nichole and Crowe...why not?

As for the 'tall' comment. since most females average 5'4"..Russell at a tad over 5'11"...I'm 5'9" was fortunate enough to have met Mr. Crowe at one time...just the right height IMO. Why co star him with some shrimp boat. They would make a good duo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicole Kidman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christopher Walken Joins Jason Bateman, Nicole ... May '14 MirrorMirror 1
Nicole Kidman is ugly (Dec '09) Apr '14 Notch 21
FEATURE: Juggling a cacophony of tongues, UN in... (Oct '13) Oct '13 entatiki 10
Nicole Kidman: Keith is my 'love shield' (Mar '13) Mar '13 Paul 1
Kidman makes a splash (Feb '13) Feb '13 Beverly Clark 1
Nicole Kidman Spills On Sex With Tom Cruise - N... (Oct '12) Oct '12 TJ Monk 2
Scientology Members Accused Of Turning Nicole K... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Polly 2

Nicole Kidman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE