CPAC :: No Gay Groups Allowed

Feb 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

It's clear that the Republican Party is strongly divided when it comes to gay issues, including same sex unions.

Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Mar 4, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Republicans are SO desperate for votes, they are afraid to tell the anti-gay to GET OVER IT.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
Republicans are SO desperate for votes, they are afraid to tell the anti-gay to GET OVER IT.
The Republican Party is not CPAC. While some Republicans may be members of CPAC, the 2 groups are completely seperate entities having nothing to do with one another.

And since 2 of teh bedrock priniples of American conservatism are small government, and maximum personal Liberty, being IN FAVOR OF Equal Marriage Rights is a conservative principle. Being AGAINST such rights is totally hypocritical on the part of so-called "conservatives".

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Don't be silly. The "House N----rs" were allowed to serve at the supper table, not SIT DOWN at it.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure that there are just as many Democrats against homosexual marriage as there are Republicans that are for homosexual marriage. However, only a Republican would have the nuts to vote with his conscience.
sickofit

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

GOP says to nation..WE ARE HATE FILLED BIGOTS AND CANT STAND THE 1ST AMENDMENT............

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

If anyone needs proof that conservatives are loony, we need only point to GOProud and Log Cabin. Pathologically insisting that you belong in a group that wishes you didn't exist shows tremendous insecurity and desire for affirmation.

If GOProud members had any self-respect, they would refuse to come within 100 miles of the next CPAC. As it is, you can count on as many of them as possible to snivel into the meeting using other connections.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
I'm sure that there are just as many Democrats against homosexual marriage as there are Republicans that are for homosexual marriage. However, only a Republican would have the nuts to vote with his conscience.
"Nuts" being the operative word.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Good for them, stand your ground GOP.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
Of course you have absolutely no evidence to back that up, do ya?
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nuts" being the operative word.
Look. it's General McAuliffe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
What you would denigrate as "liberal" IS voting one's conscience.

This says it very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

JrEsq wrote:
You'd be wrong, as every poll ever done and every vote ever taken on marriage equality clearly demonstartes.

But then you're a racist homophobe, you we'd expect nothing less from you.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

AntiMelting wrote:
Good for them, stand your ground GOP.
I agree. I encourage the GOPasaurs to continue to stand their ground opposing marriage equality.

It will only ensure their rapid decline and irrelevance in national politics.

Oh they'll keep the confederacy, but they'll lose the rest of the nation.

Keep up the good work CPAC & GOPasaurs!!

Hillary 2016!

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican Party is not CPAC. While some Republicans may be members of CPAC, the 2 groups are completely seperate entities having nothing to do with one another.
And since 2 of teh bedrock priniples of American conservatism are small government, and maximum personal Liberty, being IN FAVOR OF Equal Marriage Rights is a conservative principle. Being AGAINST such rights is totally hypocritical on the part of so-called "conservatives".
I beg to differ. The GOP has very much aligned itself to the principles that CPAC espouses. You are correct that they are not one and the same but, in point of fact, they might as well be.

CPAC overwhelmingly supports GOP candidates. You are correct that the core principle of conservatism SHOULD be maximum personal liberty but it's not.

The conservative idea of maximum personal liberty is that everyone not conservative has the freedom to agree with them. Period...there is no "or..."

So, like it or not, CPAC and the GOP are linked at the hip and so long as CPAC hands out the money and they say gay = bad then the GOP will take the money and say "Yes sir! Gay = bad".
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

The conservative platform:
Everyone in America has equal rights. Unless they are different from us.
Then they are not Americans and deserve NOTHING.

The reason gay groups were not invited to this CPAC thing , is because they become toooooo distracted thinking about gay sex where there is a gay guy in the room.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dickweed wrote:
The conservative platform:
Everyone in America has equal rights. Unless they are different from us.
Then they are not Americans and deserve NOTHING.
The reason gay groups were not invited to this CPAC thing , is because they become toooooo distracted thinking about gay sex where there is a gay guy in the room.
Exciuse me?!? i just have a wide stance!!!
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Exciuse me?!? i just have a wide stance!!!
Well of course you do. You have to make room for your big gay balls Larry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Keep at least one eye on what the Koch brothers are up to.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

snyper wrote:
Keep at least one eye on what the Koch brothers are up to.
I believe at least one of them came out in support of marriage equality last year before the votes in November.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe at least one of them came out in support of marriage equality last year before the votes in November.
Meant absolutely nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••