In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49194 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. btw my flush comment was for the other poster.
Let's see: so being a bigot has nothing to do with with belief in a god, gods, or no belief in anything whatsoever.

That atheists- particularly NotBots- can be every bit as bigoted as theists.

I mentioned that two years ago and twenty or thirty times since.

And... well, you see Einstein said it already.

Location hidden

#49195 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to prove the god you claim exists, please let us know.
When you're brave enough to disprove your claim God's does not exist, please let us know.

But I will remind- again- that you lie when I "claimed" that God- or gods- exist.

You assert: you prove.

I say to you yet again: you are a m/f c/s liar.

Location hidden

#49196 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
But we still get attacked and called names by the so called good Christian people.
That would make NotBots even bigger hypocrites, then.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#49197 Jul 29, 2013
++++++++=

Will China's economy crash?
By Michael Pettis, Special to CNN
updated 7:47 AM EDT, Mon July 29, 2013

Should we be concerned about China?
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michael Pettis: Some experts think that China's economy is in big trouble
Pettis: Most likely, China's growth rate will decline in the coming years
He says the country needs to shift from investment to consumption model
Pettis: If China recalibrates its economy in the right way, everyone will benefit

Editor's note: Michael Pettis is a professor of finance at Peking University, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and author of "The Great Rebalancing" (Princeton University Press).

+++++++==

Related to the above, all along just a couples of months ago, you were told China's economy will fall sooner or faster than ever.

Its economy uprising is basically using your money to buy theirs, where US-that-Bush (who is still wanted by the world as a definite War Criminal very badly) started that by promoting that China to pose to this world with lots of problems, especially to US people, and US-Obama could not do anything about it. Look at what US right now is as it is a gangland of tyrant police state beyond hacking and spying on civilians.

Look at what Iraq is now with lots of daily big bombings, when to this time, no wonder the stupidity of Bush said history would vindicate him because stupidity has no limit.

Not necessarily the whole world will fall, and still other economies will grow, like Russia's, India's and some Latin American countries', including even South and North Korea's and some others'.

That person Bush has been wrong in everything, including making the man-made hysteria of Axis-of-evil.

Despite US economic professors have won Nobel Prize in Economics, they are the ones who are still confused.

They are fools BECAUSE NO ONE CAN SAVE IT.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49198 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see: so being a bigot has nothing to do with with belief in a god, gods, or no belief in anything whatsoever.
That atheists- particularly NotBots- can be every bit as bigoted as theists.
I mentioned that two years ago and twenty or thirty times since.
And... well, you see Einstein said it already.
When you're able to prove the god you're referring to / lying about, your ignorant opinions about other topics may matter more.

Location hidden

#49199 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to disprove your claim God's does not exist, please let us know.
But I will remind- again- that you lie when I "claimed" that God- or gods- exist.
You assert: you prove.
I say to you yet again: you are a m/f c/s liar.
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is real.

Not upon the atheist intelligent enough to question the fool for trying to lie to pathetically.

Location hidden

#49200 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're able to prove the god you're referring
Still waiting for you to disprove this god you are talking about.

Location hidden

#49201 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is real.
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is not real.

And we are all still waiting for you to show us the quote of me claiming God is real.

But I guess you think you get to make the demands, eh, Spoogebreath?

Location hidden

#49202 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Not upon the atheist intelligent enough
Albert Einstein was not an atheist.

I think we can be sure you aren't smarter than he.

Location hidden

#49203 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god - its a fact.
This is an assertion.

And a grammatical error.

Two...

Prove your assertion.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#49204 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is not real.
You are wrong!

Location hidden

#49206 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an assertion.
And a grammatical error.
Two...
Prove your assertion.
Until you provide proof of god, god is not real, its that simple. We know you're lying because you've had centuries to come with the goods.

Location hidden

#49207 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to disprove this god you are talking about.
You will wait forever, because you are unable to follow logic or accept facts.

Fact one - you have no proof of god and are a liar and will never produce proof - only lie continuously about it as your cult tells you to.

Location hidden

#49208 Jul 30, 2013
All theist hallucinations are grandiose because thats what the mental illness of faith does.

You can\t hallucinate a small creature - it always had to be this all powerful overlord meaning of the universe bullsh*t that affects people that they've never heard of.

We can tell liars by the size of lie they tell.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#49209 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dish it out if you don't want it tossed back into your big chubby face, Skanque.
It's marvelous you remember the first time *I* called you skanque.
Look at the message you posted before that, Shug.
Wipe your chins, dear.
My drearest cuckold losing scrounger, I personally don’t give a damn about your lying make believe. If it makes you feel good then that’s up to you.

Yes I have looked, I like to be sure of my facts, unlike you who simply rants hatred for the fun of ranting hatred.

I don’t like your scrounging and living off the good will of others but hey, If I can have a laugh taking the p|ss out of such a looser then that’s fine by me.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wahhh!
You ugly fat infected Skanque, you cannot help yourself, others can tolerate your stupidity- it is a great source of amusement- but not the bile your emit.
Even your cat left ya!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
Ignored on the grounds you are a lying loser who is obviously too high on anti psychotics, when you come down and are feeling more like a decent person please try again…
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
There's the stupidity mentioned above!
I find it amusing that you can mock Einstein while using devices and services that are empowered by and utilise Einstein’s equations to fulfil your mockery. You obviously do not see the hypocrisy in your ranting. There really is no cure for stupid
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer.
- Albert Einstein, quoted in: Einstein's God - Albert Einstein's Quest as a Scientist and as a Jew to Replace a Forsaken God (1997)
Yes “nearly”, that’s what Einstein said, he also wrote - It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it

He also said - I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he told his girlfriend, Skanque.
When's the last time you have seen the cat?
More oftenwrong lies, no more than expected. You really are clueless and expect everyone to have the same failings as you, dream on, lie on.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explains the selfconscious hate, bigot.
Nothing self-conscious about disliking a liar or a liar for their god, it just comes natural to all decent people.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was not an atheist.
You are a NotBot, a bigot.
You would have amused him.
See above.
Who said he was and atheist?. Certainly not me. However he did not believe in the god of the Tanakh or any other god of magic and myth. His own belief was in scientific discipline and understanding. Oh wait a moment is this another of your silly arguments you are trying to start? Go for it.

Nope I am a realist and one of the least bigoted people around (my life, which you know absolutely fookall and so have to lie about is testament to this). I am certainly considerably more open minded than you.

Yes I think Einstein and I could have had some reasonable conversations, that’s an amusement in it’s own right, but for sure you would have made him roar with laughter.”How can anyone be so deliberately ignorant”? Ho, Ho. And no using your bone idle social security scrounging as an excuse

See “he also wrote” above

It’s so amusing the way you cherry pick, whassup? Don’t you have the intelligence to respond to a complete post?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49210 Jul 30, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong!
Yes, the burden of proof is on the believer.

People claim a variety of supernatural things exist, not just God. Many, many people believe in UFOs, Big Foot, Reptilians, Atlantis, ESP, Ghosts, poltergeists, etc.

The burden of proof is on them to provide evidence to support their interesting claims.

Location hidden

#49211 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an assertion.
And a grammatical error.
Two...
Prove your assertion.
You're the one asserting that god is real. I'm simply educating you about the fact that god is not real.

Its not a claim, its a fact.

When you choose to invent and lie about god, that is your claim and assertion.

You cannot back it up and therefore you are a liar with no proof of god.

Does this basic elementary logic fit inside your stupid little barefoot head?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#49213 Jul 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
All theist hallucinations are grandiose because thats what the mental illness of faith does.
You can\t hallucinate a small creature - it always had to be this all powerful overlord meaning of the universe bullsh*t that affects people that they've never heard of.
We can tell liars by the size of lie they tell.
I find it highly coincidental that most religious hotspots (the babble belt for example) are centred on masses of limestone bedrock, which are washed by acid rain.

Acid on limestone produce carbon dioxide. It is known that carbon dioxide causes delirium and hallucinations. Can this explain the god delusion?

I believe that this would make a good research paper just so long as godbots don’t get word of it before publication and start offering threats to the researchers.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#49214 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Albert Einstein was not an atheist.
I think we can be sure you aren't smarter than he.
Einstein didn't believe in a personal God. He did not believe in a God that punishes (or forgives) sin. He did not believe in an afterlife. Instead, he identified God with the universe, or sometimes the laws of the universe. He also did this primarily as metaphor. Even I believe in Einstein's version of God, although I may (and do) dispute whether the word 'God' is used correctly.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#49218 Jul 30, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
God exists. I don't have to prove it. Keep worrying about it.
I don't worry about whether God exists. Without evidence, the default is that no deities exist. But I do worry about the fools that believe in God. They are attempting to legislate their madness and control the lives of others. Their hatred and bigotry is dominating politics and *that* I will fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newt Gingrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franken back at Senate job despite soon-to-be-g... Dec 13 Birdzilla 5
News Gingrich: Mitt Romney is a liar (Jan '12) Nov 15 anonz 89
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Nov '17 Alreds Revenge 43
News Cain says he won't drop out of GOP race (Nov '11) Nov '17 Alreds Revenge 272
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) Oct '17 GOPMS 44
News Newt Gingrich says Trump's fight with Sen. Cork... Oct '17 mr gleeble 11
News Ryan's Primary Opponent: 'Why Do We Have Muslim... (Aug '16) Sep '17 Joe Barrett 5
More from around the web