Branson again nixes outdoor Nelly con...

Branson again nixes outdoor Nelly concert

There are 8 comments on the KMOV-TV Saint Louis story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Branson again nixes outdoor Nelly concert. In it, KMOV-TV Saint Louis reports that:

Branson city officials have again said no to a proposed outdoor concert by hip-hop artist Nelly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMOV-TV Saint Louis.

any

Springfield, MO

#1 Jul 29, 2010
I liked his first album. Now he can't even get a gig playing in the parking lot. Why would he try to play any venue in Branson? That isn't exactly the rap kind of crowd.
sic

Ozark, MO

#2 Jul 29, 2010
tell the stupid ass to go home and grow up then learn what music really is and try that.
jim

Cedar Rapids, IA

#3 Jul 29, 2010
Maybe he can lead in for a special Dolly show... or as they are honoring the military at the Bald Knobbers - he can rap America the Beautiful or something.

Why I can hear it now... that sweat crap sound.
close minded

Ozark, MO

#4 Jul 30, 2010
He has made more money with his music then any of us will in a life time. They might as well hang up a kkk flag. Cause that is the only reason they dont want him there.
any

Springfield, MO

#5 Jul 30, 2010
close minded wrote:
He has made more money with his music then any of us will in a life time. They might as well hang up a kkk flag. Cause that is the only reason they dont want him there.
I think the reason they do not want him there is the obvious noise disturbance it would cause. He isn't want to play inside the Grande Palace, it is out of commission due to repairs. He wants to play in the parking lot. Why in god's name did anyone with the Nelly crew think that would fly? And why would he want to play in Branson, I mean the blue haired crowd are not exactly his demographic.
close minded

Ozark, MO

#6 Jul 30, 2010
young people have lots of money too, they get it from us, the blue haired crowd. let them have fun!

Since: Jul 10

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2010
close minded wrote:
You say "He has made [a lot of money]", meaning I guess, the fool should be able to do whatever he wants and everyone should like it? If so, now you're thinking like Nelly does, which would prove my forthcoming statement: Nelly isn't a good influence for you or others in our society. What makes you think he should come to Branson to teach our kids crap like "money is everything", having lots of "hos" around is good and "if you have enough bling you don't need to sing except where you want to, to whom you want, say what you want, denigrate who you want..." and that's all okay with you? By that standard, a coke or heroin dealer (or dishonest businessman) would be a "good guy" to have a round... as long as he makes lots of money? Tell me that isn't pure foolishness. The kool-aid is poisonous - leave it alone and keep it from your children if you care about them at all.

Yours is a prime example of why Branson doesn't want (or need) Nelly. There is absolutely nothing Nelly can do to help Branson's brand or its citizens, especially its youth.

Good riddance.

(If you don't "get" any of this, go read some Nelly lyrics and see what he's pushing, fool.)
close minded

Ozark, MO

#8 Aug 1, 2010
Parents should teach there kids values, So they know right from wrong. So easy to blame movies or music, Its not just kids that listen Check the home town of St.Louis. He has done alot of good for kids there. Just cause you dont like his color or his lyrics. Dont make him a bad person. Yes he got into trouble when he was young. But he learned from it. Like we all do once we get older.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nelly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nelly arrested in Tennessee on drug charges (Apr '15) May '15 no doubt 2
News Rapper Nelly arrested on drug possession charge... (Apr '15) Apr '15 KnutesNiche 2
News Miley Cyrus reveals 'Bangerz' tracklist featuri... (Sep '13) Jan '14 Big mike 85
News From Kanye to Pharrell, rap stars embrace Cyrus (Oct '13) Oct '13 Heywood Jablomee 1
News Grammys 2013: Nelly's New Album to Feature Nell... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Old school fan 1
News Summer songs 2012: Jepsen, Ocean, Usher (Sep '12) Sep '12 Samantha 1
Lucky fan gets to dance with Nelly! (Aug '11) Aug '11 April 1