'Graveyard Book' Unearths Neil Jordan - 'Crying Game' director ...

Full story: Zap2it.com

Neil, meet Neil. Neil Jordan will direct an adaptation of writer Neil Gaiman's "The Graveyard Book," according to Variety .
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2009
James

Edmonton, Canada

#1 Jan 30, 2009
Coraline isn't CGI, it's stop-motion animation.
Thorny

Decatur, IL

#2 Jan 30, 2009
Yep, which is why it took something like four years to complete. Thought the damn thing was never coming out.
Leia

Thousand Oaks, CA

#3 Jan 30, 2009
Add Neil Gaiman to the celebrity Scientology list. Neil Gaiman was a class VIII auditor and Executive Director of the Birmingham Org. He was case Supervisor at the Guardian Office. He's listed as completing three Scientology courses in 1988 and his family members are heavy-weight Scientologists; father David Gaiman was head of the Guardian Office and is active in Russia, sister Claire Edwards is an executive in Scientology Missions International (the recruiting end of Scieno), wife Mary Gaiman is listed as "clear" in 2002, Mother Sheila Gaiman is a big time Scientologist with her own site and is active in Russia. Sister Lizzie Calcione “runs a Scientology practice in East Grinstead , that is a mixture of auditing and WISE delivery.” The Gaiman Family are listed as founding US "Patrons" of Scientology for 2004 & 2006 so they donate large amounts of money to "clear the planet." You can find his listing at the Scientology Site: http://scientologist.blogspot.com/
Thorny

Decatur, IL

#4 Jan 30, 2009
Explains why he moved to the US...Europe isn't quite as welcoming to Scientology as America is. Ah, well, at least his writing is better than L. Ron Humdrum's ever was.
Mest

Thousand Oaks, CA

#5 Feb 14, 2009
Add writer Neil Gaiman to the celebrity Scientology list. Neil Gaiman was a class VIII auditor and Executive Director of the Birmingham Org. He was a Case Supervisor at the Guardian Office. In 1983 Neil Gaiman is supposedly declared "suppressive" but in 1988, FIVE YEARS AFTER THE DECLARE, Neil’s name appears in graduate lists in The Auditor Worldwide as completing three courses. His family members are heavy-weight Scientologists; father David Gaiman was head of the Guardian Office and is active in Russia, sister Claire Edwards is an executive in Scientology Missions International (recruiting end of Scieno), wife Mary Gaiman is listed as "clear" in 2002, Mother Sheila Gaiman is a big time Scientologist with her own site and is also active in Russia. Other sister Lizzie Calcione “runs a Scientology practice in East Grinstead , that is a mixture of auditing and WISE delivery.” The Gaiman Family are listed as founding US "Patrons" of Scientology for 2004 & 2006 so they donate large amounts of money to "clear the planet." According to Celebrity Scientology blog-writer Grahame when asked about Neil’s scientology current status: "My answer is that I heard from a close relative of his that he (Neil Gaiman) is taking services at Flag."
Chris Toggins

Decatur, IL

#6 Feb 15, 2009
Who cares? You gonna tell us what color toilet paper he uses next?
Chris Toggins

Decatur, IL

#7 Feb 15, 2009
And putting the same shit down under a different name is spam, loser.
Jacob J

Thousand Oaks, CA

#8 Jul 19, 2009
be warned that if your kids follow Neil Gaiman, they will discover a bizarre alternative life style this "children's author" indulges in that is quite disturbing. After divorcing his wife, Neil Gaiman became involved with a woman 20 years his junior, Amanda Palmer. Together they published a book that is a series of snuff/mutilation photographs of the young woman covered in blood staging her own death. The two launched a public campaign about their "relationship" and participated in an auction where the young woman performed fellacio on a phallic object which was then auctioned off. Amanda Palmer has also posted a series of naked photos of herself on Twitter and the web covered in grotesque writing and slurs. Neil Gaiman even declared that his favorite photo was off her bruised and bound body. What is the message for young women here?
Neil Gaiman is morally bankrupt and it shows in his story and in his life.
whatever

Thousand Oaks, CA

#9 Jul 27, 2009
Typical Scientologist... they always say "who cares." Everyone should care that Neil Gaiman funds Scientology, a corrupt organization that is psychologically and physically abusive, as exemplified by their Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) where Prison camps are run for "Sea Org" members in Los Angeles, Clearwater FL, Copenhagen and other sites. Scientology is a CULT of Greed that destroys family's through their "disconnection" policy and drives its enemies to ruin through its "Fair Game" policy. Neil Gaiman supports the CULT financially to the tune of six figures.
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#10 Jul 27, 2009
*snore*

Who cares about the man...his books are what I care about, and they're generally good. Hell, I'm sure you could find something offensive about every author on the planet if you look hard enough.

And I'm not a Scientologist (I find their "religion" to essentially be stupidity disguised as dogma); I just get tired of the chronically-offended spouting their garbage. Curse of the First Amendment.
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#11 Jul 27, 2009
And if you're going to slam a religious group, even an incredibly-inane one like Scientology, at least attempt to spell words correctly.

It's "families," not "family's." Duh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neil Gaiman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Americans continue to visit libraries in record... (Apr '10) May '13 Nalistella 5
Library regrets paying author $45,000 to speak;... (May '11) May '11 Tax payer 72
Tim Burton's Stop-Motion Animated Movie Coralin... (Jan '09) May '10 Mashuga31 37
Club Book brings award-winning authors to area ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Migz 1
Happy Birthday, Neil Gaiman, Writer of "Coralin... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Mister 1
Author Neil Gaiman looks ahead after series | T... (Feb '10) Mar '10 Mister 2
Happy Birthday, Neil Gaiman, Writer of a oeThe ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Dee 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Neil Gaiman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••