Arctic Ice Dwindles to Near-Record Low

Arctic Ice Dwindles to Near-Record Low

There are 3 comments on the www.findingdulcinea.com story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Arctic Ice Dwindles to Near-Record Low. In it, www.findingdulcinea.com reports that:

Sea ice in the region is at its second-lowest level on record, although its rate of melting has slowed compared to previous years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.findingdulcinea.com.

guy

Lenni, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2008
this is worrisome
Amber cassel

Lancaster, PA

#2 Apr 5, 2013
so we are going to have no ice left in 2030
Tara

Alicante, Spain

#3 Apr 29, 2013
What a terrifying and pertinant issue. Clearly steps to slow global warming and conserve natural areas need to be taken. I would go further and say we need to protect the arctic circle, not just in the US, it is a truly international issue and we are not the only country involved. Greenpeace currently has a campaign going, however, if you are that extreme there are other organizations working to resolve this issue. I have included a link to one that posted and interesting and related article:
http://www.yourearthshare.com/protecting-the-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

National Geographic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National Geographic Restoration Garage Jun 7 nimd4 3
A very interesting historical video presentatio... May '16 kkolobok 1
News Read the Gospel of Judas online, backstory; 100... (Apr '06) Nov '15 Khethukuthula 11
News National Geographic now conspires with poison-p... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Big 2
News Exclusive: Young Elephants in China Show Signs ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 ralphnovy 1
News The battle to keep ancient Egypt Black (Apr '08) Sep '15 JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 4,066
Buyout by Fox (Sep '15) Sep '15 David Murray 2
More from around the web