Natalie Cole undergoes kidney transplant surgery

Full story: LA Daily News 10
Singer Natalie Cole was recuperating today after undergoing kidney transplant surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, but her summer tour dates will be postponed while she recovers. Full Story
Concerned Parent

Idyllwild, CA

#1 May 20, 2009
hope its a quick recovery. Miss Cole is one of my favorites.
sammi899

Phoenix, AZ

#2 May 20, 2009
This is why one should never use drugs!! Get it???
glass pipe

El Segundo, CA

#3 May 20, 2009
this is the result of her crack hoe days.
HAH

Gardena, CA

#4 May 20, 2009
I thought DRUG USERS don't get Organs from the National Donor Programs! Did she get the organ because of who she is???
TEDDY BEAR

Charleston, SC

#6 May 21, 2009
HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH THINGS ABOUT SOMEONE WHO IS AS DOWN TO EARTH AS NATALIE WHO WAS BORN WITH A SILVER SPOON IN HER MOUTH NOT ONE TIME DID SHE EVER BRAG ABOUT GROWING UP RICH IN THE 1950S WHEN MOST BLACK AND SOME POOR WHITES BARELY HAD SHOES ON THERE FEET SHE IS TRULLY OLD SCHOOL MONEY BUT SHE ACTS LIKE ONE OF US EVERYDAY PEOPLE NATALIE GOD BLESS YOU AND I WISH YOU A FULL RECOVERY PLEASE DISREGARD WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE SAY NO ONE IS PERFECT YOU WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO COME BACK FROM YOUR PROBLEMS MOST PEOPLE DONT MAY GOD FOREVER BLESS YOU. PLEASE COME TO CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA AND DO A CONCERT WHEN YOU RECOVER YOUR FAN FOREVER STAY THE STRONG AND CLASSY BEAUTIFUL AND TABLENTED WOMAN THAT YOU ARE.
cjh

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 21, 2009
There is a loong list of people waiting for just such a gift but, because of her dad she is news?
Dave

Los Angeles, CA

#8 May 21, 2009
i wonder how long she waited to get the kidney, damn celebrities are always first, screw them.
Thomas

Los Angeles, CA

#10 May 21, 2009
On Ms. Cole's recent Larry King interview, she indicated she waited on the list for donors along with everyone else. She received no favors. God bless Natalie.

“Fick?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 May 21, 2009
Ugh, kidney replacement sugery? The pain will be UNFORGETTABLE. Get well soon.
MAURICE

Charleston, SC

#12 Jan 9, 2010
yes, natalie, is back and looking some kind of pretty you go girl!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natalie Cole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An afternoon with friends (Dec '07) Jan '15 iknow 5
Inspired by Greats Including Natalie Cole, Gyps... (May '13) May '13 serenaspun 1
1972 (Dec '10) Dec '10 Aline Riou-Irizarry 1
Dress Natlie wore on tribute to Lionel Richie (Jan '10) Jan '10 van 1
Bob Dylan to Perform at White House (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas Ingerick 1
Annual LDS Christmas concert begins Friday (Dec '09) Dec '09 Plo 1
Looking for either of these songs (Nov '09) Nov '09 Peter Healey 1
More from around the web