Singer Natalie Cole, recovering from ...

Singer Natalie Cole, recovering from kidney transplant, announc...

There are 9 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jun 9, 2009, titled Singer Natalie Cole, recovering from kidney transplant, announc.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Singer Natalie Cole, who received a kidney transplant last month on the same day her sister died of cancer, thanked her fans today for their support and said she will make her first post-surgery performance at the Hollywood Bowl on Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

hank

United States

#1 Jun 9, 2009
Who wants to see that crach head sing, maybe her and bobby brown and whiney houston can tour together
Isaiah

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jun 9, 2009
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Get better and I look forward to more great music that you will bring us.
freak

Martinez, CA

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Ok .. I am happy that she is doing well ..BUT ..didnt she receive this kidney quite quickly ... what about all of LEGIT people that are sick (not from drug use) and need a kidney or any other organ for that matter... Ms. Unforgettable CAUSED the damage to her Kidneys by doing drugs..I am sure she skipped the line of people waiting who have LEGIT issues with their kidneys... god works in mysterious ways ... hmmm.. maybe that is why her sister died the day she received her "new lease on life" ...
poster

Canoga Park, CA

#4 Jun 9, 2009
GOD BLESS HER! her sister is with god now and not in any pain.
Greg S

La Mirada, CA

#5 Jun 10, 2009
The circumstances under which she received the kidney are not known publicly. I think that the organ donation crowd is quite aware of the bad press they'd receive by favoring a celebrity in its organ procurement procedures, but it's quite possible that Ms. Cole's "celebrity" made someone reach out to HER first.

I did read that after her appearance on "Larry King Live," she had many, many people from all over the country contact her about getting tested to be a potential donor. So, perhaps something came about that way. And if so, then, she's a lucky woman because her fame put a face on the continual need for organs. Have all you readers made your desire to be a donor known to your loved ones?

As for Hank (comment above), your grammar and spelling suggest that you're not terribly intelligent but, worse, rude, and in your only pointing to African American performers, possibly racist. Your mother should have taught you that if you don't have something nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all.
real talk

Philipsburg, Sint Maarten (Dutch part)

#6 Jul 19, 2009
she's a legend,and if is designed to help her get a new lease on life that can't be changed.so mr. Hank please get a grip on yours and learn not to judge human beings like you or not,stop from this day forth.leave up to the superior who orchestrates EVERYTHING.
Richard Mariano

Marathon, FL

#7 Oct 30, 2009
I have no sympathy for Natalie Cole and whether she survives or not. I thought she was a nice person but she is one of the meanest and coldest person. I know her and her entire family and knowing what I know, it disgust me when I see her on TBN acting all so prim and proper. She even talks about Jesus Christ our Lord. This is a very messed up family.
marilyn jackson

Houston, TX

#8 Nov 9, 2009
I need a kidney transplant myself. I don't thank no one would give me one as fast as ms. Cole
karen

Amelia, OH

#9 Nov 17, 2009
I am so happy to here that Natalie is doing fine and she has always been and idol of mine i have her album Natalie and the song i liked most was oh daddy' many may not remember that song but one day after talking with my sister who was dealing with breast cancer and who past the following year i told her that i was looking for the album that had Oh daddy on it and she said that i might have it when i looked in her albums it was the first album in the stack i played the song and thank my sister for it she told me i was crazy i don't know why but that song out of all the rest is my pick because also my father past away with cancer and i would sing that song when he was a live. i just wanted to know how Natalie was doing and also to let her know that no matter what you are still number one singer in my book and will always be .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natalie Cole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concert preview: Dave Koz, opener for Barry Man... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Ravenite Coffee 1
News An afternoon with friends (Dec '07) Jan '15 iknow 4
Inspired by Greats Including Natalie Cole, Gyps... (May '13) May '13 serenaspun 1
1972 (Dec '10) Dec '10 Aline Riou-Irizarry 1
Dress Natlie wore on tribute to Lionel Richie (Jan '10) Jan '10 van 1
News Bob Dylan to Perform at White House (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas Ingerick 1
News Natalie Cole undergoes kidney transplant surgery (May '09) Jan '10 MAURICE 10
More from around the web