Aline Riou-Irizarry

Miami, FL

#1 Dec 19, 2010
Ms. Cole,

First of all, your Dad was an icon in my home. We listened to his sweet voice and we reverted back to France immediately.

My present husband and I went to see you on my Prom Night. I had recently immigrated to Hell's Kitchen NYC and we went to see you. You were the opening act to Sister Rose at the Copa in NYC (1973).

I remember telling my boyfriend (present husband) that you were fabulous and had such style - which i "borrowed" the rest of my life. My boyfriend was 17 and I was 18. We have been married now for 38 years. We talk about that wonderful evening often and you are always part of that.

I thank the Lord for you and your Dad's gifts. You touched our lives in so many ways.

We live now in Miami, FLorida. If you are ever in Florda it would honour us to have you as our dinner guest. I am French and will make you a French/Spanish dinner (my husband's family is from Spain/Puerto Rico.

You are as beautiful as we remember you in 1973. You are a good soul as was your Dad. I truly believe we have a purpose in this life until we go to the next life... you have given us joy and hope and happiness.

We will always love you,
Aline and Frank Irizarry
Tel. 3053832638

P.S. I always taught only son to listen to your words when you sang. He now lives in NC. He is studying to be a Nurse Practioner and his wife is a lawyer. We are blessed.

I love you, Natalie. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift with us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natalie Cole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concert preview: Dave Koz, opener for Barry Man... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Ravenite Coffee 1
News An afternoon with friends (Dec '07) Jan '15 iknow 4
Inspired by Greats Including Natalie Cole, Gyps... (May '13) May '13 serenaspun 1
Dress Natlie wore on tribute to Lionel Richie (Jan '10) Jan '10 van 1
News Bob Dylan to Perform at White House (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas Ingerick 1
News Natalie Cole undergoes kidney transplant surgery (May '09) Jan '10 MAURICE 10
News Annual LDS Christmas concert begins Friday (Dec '09) Dec '09 Plo 1
More from around the web