Fans offer kidneys to Natalie Cole

Fans offer kidneys to Natalie Cole

There are 2 comments on the RTE.ie story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Fans offer kidneys to Natalie Cole. In it, RTE.ie reports that:

Singer Natalie Cole has received a number of emails from members of the public offering to donate her a kidney if their organ is compatible with her body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RTE.ie.

LaLo

Cathedral City, CA

#1 Apr 1, 2009
Oh, this is wonderful. Sure, donate to a celebrity who, along with her health insurance, ought to be able to find a frickin' liver through her own devices.

It's especially wonderful since so many mere mortals are waiting, mostly in vain, since hardly any of those star-struck snot-nosed tabloid junkies won't even consider donating anything to for the use of some who really need it and can't afford it.

Giving to Miss Cole does nothing to shorten the list of donees. I hope she graciously declines those specious offers by this silly know of tabloiders.
Portia

United States

#2 Apr 23, 2009
LaLo wrote:
Oh, this is wonderful. Sure, donate to a celebrity who, along with her health insurance, ought to be able to find a frickin' liver through her own devices.
It's especially wonderful since so many mere mortals are waiting, mostly in vain, since hardly any of those star-struck snot-nosed tabloid junkies won't even consider donating anything to for the use of some who really need it and can't afford it.
Giving to Miss Cole does nothing to shorten the list of donees. I hope she graciously declines those specious offers by this silly know of tabloiders.
I am a dialysis patient but this doesn't bother me because one cannot tell others who to donate their organs to. Although I am not a fan of Mrs./Ms. Cole, I do not wish any ill feelings toward her. And I do not see how someone giving her a kidney would affect the transplant list either because, you have to consider, if it wasn't Mrs./Ms. Cole, they probably wouldn't be offering anyway.(In other words, if they are not offering to someone on the transplant list, how does that affect the shortening of the list?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nat 'King' Cole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A jazzy Saturday in downtown Mobile (Aug '15) Aug '15 Wayne 1
News TEDxSANTA CRUZ talks come to Rio Theatre in April (Mar '15) Mar '15 Dim Sum 3
News ArtsBeat: A Grammy-Winning Formula for Paul McC... (Feb '13) Feb '13 LadyVero 8
Nat King Cole (Apr '12) Apr '12 ubaldo 2
News Walk in Blues' shoes in new West Oakland tour (Jan '12) Jan '12 Ida Campbell WPFW... 1
News Paul McCartney Preps Standards Disc, Reissues (May '11) May '11 Allan 8
Tribute website (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
More from around the web