Entertainment- Nas Names New CD After...

Entertainment- Nas Names New CD After Racial Epithet

There are 8 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Oct 19, 2007, titled Entertainment- Nas Names New CD After Racial Epithet. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

NEW YORK, NY -- To some, it's a hurtful racial epithet. For Nas, it's an album title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Grateful for the struggle

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 19, 2007
So from what I understand of this diatribe, this young little pickaninny is telling the older folks from the Civil Rights Era, the ones who endured the fire hoses, the dogs, the sit-ins, the bombings, the Klan, etc that they should sit down and shut up until HE'S ready to talk to them?!!
This is a good reason for the state of Black America today, because little punks like him forget not only how far we've come, but who brought us here and how! Maybe he needs to talk to someone in his family who has been chased by the klan, or been burned out by racists (so he could have the right to vote). Or had hot soup, coffee, or other things poured on them as they participated at a sit-in (so he can eat wherever he wants). Or maybe he needs to talk to the Little Rock 7(so he can go to school wherever he wants to)
He sure sounds like an ungrateful little son-of-b**** to me! Maybe you'd better talk to us now!
Grateful for the struggle

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Oct 19, 2007
So, if I'm not mistaken, this young pickaninny is telling all the people who put their lives on the line to defend his civil rights to shut up and sit down somewhere. Maybe this ungrateful son of a b**** should talk to us NOW, and find out who it was the endured the beatings, whippings, fire hoses, dogs, burnings and bombings, sit-ins and such. Without us, and your whole family would still be sharecropping, unable to read or write, no votes, no school, still running from the klan. You and your ilk are some ignorant, ungrateful, unthankful Colored. At least you're an African-American now. You could have still been a Negro. Ingrate!
paul

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Oct 20, 2007
AND THEY WONDER WHY RACISM WILL NOT GO AWAY. THEY DEGRADED THEMSELVES MORE THEN ANYONE.
JAN

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Oct 20, 2007
WE DO NOT NEED TO CALL THEM NAMES ETC... THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN ANYTHING WE COULD CALL THEM.

“I belong to LoneWolfJax”

Since: Oct 07

Jacksonville

#5 Oct 21, 2007
i find it sad how people fret over a word or phrase. since when did a word, term or phrase physically hurt a person or thing? i am in no way a racial person just do not understand how we still cannot come to a compromise for each other and act like adults instead of argue like children causing temper tantrums in community's.
Hope for the Future

Monroe, NC

#6 Oct 21, 2007
jaxgirl72 wrote:
i find it sad how people fret over a word or phrase. since when did a word, term or phrase physically hurt a person or thing? i am in no way a racial person just do not understand how we still cannot come to a compromise for each other and act like adults instead of argue like children causing temper tantrums in community's.
http://www.blacknews.com/pr/morethanentertain...
real hero

Monroe, NC

#7 Oct 21, 2007
Darwin

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Oct 22, 2007
N- WORD.. says it all about the rapper

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nas, Damian Marley to kick off national tour in... (May '10) Sep 13 humble me 46
Is Nas Better Than Tupac? (Jun '06) Feb '16 Jake 207
nas is lower than a dog! (Aug '15) Aug '15 rebel111 1
News HHP sources Nas (Nov '09) Jun '14 91nation 3
News Nas Giving Out Scholarships (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jubilant Sleep 2
News SERCH Coming to DC50 (Jan '14) Jan '14 LadyValentibne 1
News DMX Confirms Belly Sequel (Jun '06) Jan '14 Ant 17
More from around the web