So Who Won The Fight, Jay-Z or Nas?

Posted in the Nas Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BuckStmp211

Doylestown, PA

#1 Jun 11, 2006
I dont have a doubt in my mind that Nas won the battle of NY against Jay-Z. For those of you who dont know how the fight started here is a little info on it. After Tupac and Biggie died Nas told Jay-Z that they cant be fighting for the king of the east cause they will end like Pac and Biggie, Jay-Z totally Agreed w/ Nas and so everyone thought things were cool. But in the Summer Jam at te end of one of Jay-Z's songs he said

"Nas Dont Want IT"

After that everyone knew it was a battle

Nas came out with Stillmatic and track # 2 was the famouse song

Ether

and Nas accuses Jay of stealing biggies lyrics and lots of stuff

Jay tried to retalliate w/ the song Takeover

but it just didnt compare

Here is a section from WWW.WikiPedia.com

"Easily one of the best known and most exciting rap feuds in history, the actual "beef" is often overshadowed by the question of "who won?". Many hip hop listeners agreed at the time (and still do) that Nas won the beef. In a Hot 97 radio poll conducted shortly after the release of "Supa Ugly," 58% of voters chose Nas as the winner, while the remaining 42% chose Jay-Z, giving Nas a landslide victory. The issue of who won the battle is still a highly debatable topic in the hip hop community."

If you want to know more about the Nas Jay-Z fight go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nas

To Talk to me online

SN- Fcbucksrocks16

So Peace Yo Im Out,
steve
Queen of Chicago

Alsip, IL

#2 Jun 15, 2006
nas..nuff said
Emmy Don

Satellite Provider

#3 Jun 20, 2006
No doubt Nas won the fight between rapper Jay Z and became the King of NY...Peace to that.
VL LAKE WALES

AOL

#4 Jun 20, 2006
AYE NAS IS THE BEST POINT BLANK
Buckstmp211

Doylestown, PA

#5 Jun 20, 2006
aye?

like, the best ever

or like, just now
VL LAKE WALES

AOL

#6 Jun 22, 2006
2 PAC IS THE BEST EVER BUT NOW IT'S NAS
aden

UK

#7 Jul 11, 2006
nas all the way, much better then 2pac n 50 is shit 2 nas
Yard Man

Kingston, Jamaica

#9 Sep 28, 2006
Come on now there's no doubt, after ether Jay was no more...the battle was decided on that track
Jamal Coleman

AOL

#10 Feb 5, 2007
First of all this beef started over Nas dissing Memphis Bleek who is Jay-Z's best friend and labelmate. So there was already a little tension before anyone said anything on wax. But Jay knew in order for him to prove he was the superior MC in NY he had to take out Nas. After Jay did Takeover at summerjam, Nas's career was at an all time low. But he rose from the ashes and hit hard with ether and H to the omo, Jay responded but his response wasnt strong enough my opinion. Nas won
Jayy

Higganum, CT

#11 Feb 11, 2007
Jay Z won he killed nas when he said shit about his baby mother
King Nas

UK

#12 Feb 23, 2007
thios shouldn't even be a debate..

real hip hop fans know that Nas won the battle.. it's finished, jay addmited it..

listen to the blueprint 2, gift and the curse..

jay admits defeat.
Jones

Durban, South Africa

#14 May 11, 2007
Jigga...Bigga...!
Seen him before

Mechanicsville, VA

#15 Jun 21, 2007
Nas won- No question!
One Man one Mic

Mechanicsville, VA

#16 Jun 21, 2007
This man defeated jay and his wack Roc crew by himself . Nas is true King of New York! Crown him!
One Man one Mic

Mechanicsville, VA

#17 Jun 21, 2007
Ether burns slow...Crown Nas!
201Outlaw

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jul 3, 2007
Nas had the better lyrical content, and that gain him the victory over Jay-Z even tho jay had some hard lines nas droped a more critical track -*Ether
nana

Ghana

#19 Sep 11, 2007
ok they were fighting for king and jay is now so do the math.

Since: Mar 09

Riverside, CA

#21 Jul 25, 2009
And Jay-Z has aids from From Ridin Biggie's Dick
HPG

Santa Barbara, CA

#22 Nov 5, 2009
Nas no dou6t.not a 6ig fan of either one.2pac the greatest.
Krazy-H

Senegal

#23 Nov 9, 2009
Nas is the best forever , the greatest Rapper of all the time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Nas Better Than Tupac? (Jun '06) Sep 6 Well said 203
HHP sources Nas (Nov '09) Jun '14 91nation 3
Nas Giving Out Scholarships Apr '14 Jubilant Sleep 2
SERCH Coming to DC50 (Jan '14) Jan '14 LadyValentibne 1
DMX Confirms Belly Sequel (Jun '06) Jan '14 Ant 17
Is rapper 50 Cent the master of "beef" or a PR ... (Dec '09) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 9
Damian Marley Speaks About Lil Wayne's Distant ... (Apr '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Nas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••