Nas's New album

Nas's New album

There are 19 comments on the Motor Trend story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Nas's New album. In it, Motor Trend reports that:

If you like him, go get it. If you like rap, go get it. Its a great album. Its really goes back to the roots of hip hop, and I'm happy to see that some artists still get it, that its not about money and Lambo's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motor Trend.

“Sup wit it.”

Since: Aug 07

Utica, New York

#1 Jul 28, 2008
im not feeling this album, Nas be talking that wild ish...
emscob

Rochester, UK

#2 Aug 3, 2008
I agree it's really great and i'm happy to see that some artists are still continuing to diversify. The guys at Charm Factory have asked me what I think of Nas' new album. I checked out his exclusive myspace gig for The Hook Up Page and it's amazing. He's in a real good place right now and you can tell he's really putting a lot in to the live performance. What does everyone else think? x
Naeem

Johannesburg, South Africa

#3 Aug 3, 2008
This is a great album. It wouldn't appeal to new age hip hop fans (wayne, 50 and all that shitty new 'gangsters'). it is nas, raw and uncut but reinvented. the lyrics are once again untouchable. a 9/10! it is not as good as illmatic or stillmatic but it is nas at his best
Built Ford Weak

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 3, 2008
I think nas sucks and he needs to sharpin his rapping sword I bet he won't even go gold
pdxwrexx

Portland, OR

#5 Aug 24, 2008
hip hop is dead was better

“Sup wit it.”

Since: Aug 07

Utica, New York

#6 Aug 25, 2008
can we get some Nastradamus please? I mean man...you are NOT the savior of Hip Hop, no one is....Im never going to forget how Pac waxed that ass and you shouldnt either Mr. Jones.
Naeem

Johannesburg, South Africa

#7 Sep 11, 2008
Built Ford Weak wrote:
I think nas sucks and he needs to sharpin his rapping sword I bet he won't even go gold
Dude... Did you ever hear of the greatest hip hop album ever... ILLMATIC????? How can you say nas needs sharpening when you release something as genius as illmatic?
------Loser Line------

United States

#8 Sep 11, 2008
Nas sucks he's a has been.
crown victoria

Santa Ana, CA

#9 Sep 11, 2008
nas sucks
aintmyshoesfrsh

Memphis, TN

#10 Sep 12, 2008
nas wordplay and vocab is over most peoples head and thats why most people who think he's washed up or overrated come to that conclusion. Nas' raps are science and you cant quote a whole song back after two listens like wayne etc.

"take 27 emcee's put in a line
and they outta alignment
my assignement since he said retirement
hiding behind e-mal and the chronic
get rich but dies ryhmin
this is high science
now add 23 more from queens to b-more
im over they head like a bulimic see-waw
now thats 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time
nasty nasdaq yall gon' bow homes
this dow jones"
---nas, queens get the money

disect if you will
smitty

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Sep 15, 2008
aintmyshoesfrsh wrote:
nas wordplay and vocab is over most peoples head and thats why most people who think he's washed up or overrated come to that conclusion. Nas' raps are science and you cant quote a whole song back after two listens like wayne etc.
"take 27 emcee's put in a line
and they outta alignment
my assignement since he said retirement
hiding behind e-mal and the chronic
get rich but dies ryhmin
this is high science
now add 23 more from queens to b-more
im over they head like a bulimic see-waw
now thats 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time
nasty nasdaq yall gon' bow homes
this dow jones"
---nas, queens get the money
disect if you will
dont even bother these cats dont know what good mcing is even if its up in thier faces. to them Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive! nonsense! Nas is a legend and those in the game now wish they had his catalouge. In due time people will appreciate him more.
------Loser Line------

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2008
Once again nas is whack how hard is that to understand. He don't sell because he is corny and raps about stuff he never done. Lil wayne is whack to and also raps about stuff he never done. Stop following these fakers. Also I been listening to rap since curtis blow, eric b & rakim, ect. Some of yall were probaly in diapers then.
smitty

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Sep 16, 2008
------Loser Line------ wrote:
Once again nas is whack how hard is that to understand. He don't sell because he is corny and raps about stuff he never done. Lil wayne is whack to and also raps about stuff he never done. Stop following these fakers. Also I been listening to rap since curtis blow, eric b & rakim, ect. Some of yall were probaly in diapers then.
obviously you dont know shit. Look I am 34 years old, I am nas's age. And nas is a legend. You have a right to your opinion but its very skewed. Many in the rap world would disagree with you. matter of fact kurtis blow, rakim, krs would look at you like you were crazy. the fact is the guy has been around since 1991 (live at the bbq) and hasnt stopped since. Look at rakim, krs, all had nice runs but couldn't stay relevant as long as nas. in time people will see him for the great mc that he is, he is ahead of most of you. it will take some time for you to catch up.
------Loser Line------

Tully, NY

#15 Sep 16, 2008
the brige is over plain and simple
------Loser Line------

Tully, NY

#16 Sep 16, 2008
(*bridge* spelling )I definitly don't think KRS would look at me stupid. Also who really cares it music listen and enjoy everyone is not a nas fan and his lyrics honestly are lame. He preeches to the weak lame people who can not fit in with the rest of the hip hop scene. Why do you think he is considered garbage in any hood. Only people in the burbs like him because they are clueless they also tend to like RZA call themselves bobby digital and have a WU-tang shrinelol. Nas is considered corny in the hood plain and simple.

Since: Jul 07

waterloo, ia

#17 Sep 16, 2008
i think this cd is pretty good. Some of the songs got meaning to them. True its no where compared to the old Nas, but its okay...
smitty

Buckner, MO

#18 Sep 18, 2008
------Loser Line------ wrote:
(*bridge* spelling )I definitly don't think KRS would look at me stupid. Also who really cares it music listen and enjoy everyone is not a nas fan and his lyrics honestly are lame. He preeches to the weak lame people who can not fit in with the rest of the hip hop scene. Why do you think he is considered garbage in any hood. Only people in the burbs like him because they are clueless they also tend to like RZA call themselves bobby digital and have a WU-tang shrinelol. Nas is considered corny in the hood plain and simple.
what? only people in the burbss like nas? look I am from the Bronx, the hood and maaaaad heads like nas. Its jsut these lil wayne fickle young fans that really cant appreciate true lyricism. You must be some white boy who is outside of the culture. This is how I grew up my way of life I am postive I know alot more about the streets than you.Nas is a legend in the hood. Its just other artist hate on him because no matter how much they try they dont have that critically acclaimed classic album. its mostly jealousy. really you dont have a clue. you are from Egg Harbor township not exactly the hood. YOu MUST be a white boy.
------Loser Line------

United States

#19 Sep 18, 2008
First of all I live in Atlantic city. Second I'm not from here even at that. Third are you proud of living in the shitty bronx, because I wouldn't be. Fourth you should be smart enough to know my or anyone's isp location have nothing to do with where they live, if so then I guess you live in bogota nj huh. Please end of discussion Nas sucks the end. Now get yourself a better job and get up out of the crusty bronx

I swear I can't stand when people get on topix and think they know something.

P.S. I went to P.S. 114 as a kid if you even know what that is.
crown victoria

Santa Ana, CA

#20 Sep 18, 2008
nas is gay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Nas Better Than Tupac? (Jun '06) Feb '16 Jake 207
nas is lower than a dog! (Aug '15) Aug '15 rebel111 1
News HHP sources Nas (Nov '09) Jun '14 91nation 3
News Nas Giving Out Scholarships (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jubilant Sleep 2
News SERCH Coming to DC50 (Jan '14) Jan '14 LadyValentibne 1
News DMX Confirms Belly Sequel (Jun '06) Jan '14 Ant 17
So Who Won The Fight, Jay-Z or Nas? (Jun '06) Oct '13 Amaritza 50
More from around the web