Grant's autobiography music to singer's ears

Britney Spears, take a hint: "The first time I was asked to write a book, I was 17," says Amy Grant. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Buck

AOL

#81 Jan 26, 2012
stella wrote:
Got news for you people--Gary's the one who's already had divorce #2 (and will likely have divorce #3 if he marries his 28-year-old Hooter's waitress model girlfriend)--Amy and Vince will be together for the rest of their lives.
Why does that piss you all off so much?
Since seeing Amy happy pisses you all off so much, I have to wonder how happy you yourselves are.
Stella, that is way of the world, commit sin for short period of happiness. You don't know if Amy & Vince will last, just like it was unknown about Amy & Gary (even though signs were not good).
You need to calm yourself down Stella, many of us are not pissed off at the situation as you so claim.
Adultery is the sin, and that is how they are living and chose to live in this life. Sounds like you are the one pissed off Stella.
You cannot get your point across. oh well, that's life!
Buck

AOL

#82 Jan 26, 2012
GChap wrote:
The fog will clear when the light of truth pierces it.
Yeah, GChap, Heaven isn't that far away!!
Buck

AOL

#83 Jan 26, 2012
Talk about your concealed anger issues, poor Stella needs to find a new therapist....lol.
Too many are frustrated with her long winded comments trying to shield Amy from Gary.
Stella sounds really pissed off at the world
maybe she is the one not really happy.
Make your comments, but don't write a page to read, or a book....filled with blah blah blahs.
I wish I had a couch, I could make a mint from talking to Stella....lol.
Stella sounds angry at Gary, and why?? Like she knows him like the back of her hand, yeah right, get real!! I think I have heard some of these commenters on Dr.Phil's stage....lol
Buck

AOL

#84 Jan 26, 2012
Charley horse wrote:
She said she has known Brown since she was 14 years old. Why didn't she end up with Brown B.?
Brown had a thing for a pretty blonde Debbie, and who knows maybe, just maybe Brown and Amy did hook up, one of Amy's unknown secrets of the past. I think that Michael W. Smith was too smart for Amy,
even though according to some of Amy's comments sounds like she really dug him a lot! And funny, Michael had a thing for a blonde Debbie also....lol.
Just because you wear the label "christian" does not make you immune to committing wrong.
Buck

AOL

#85 Jan 26, 2012
Brian L wrote:
OMG, Stella! Where did you come from? It is so great to hear another positive person on this forum. I absolutely love Amy Grant and her music. What an awesome human being! Thank you for also standing up for our girl. If you're ever in Nashville, let me know. Let's have lunch, fellow FOA!
And once again Brian L. finds his way through the crowds to another board to write on. oh and btw Brian L., Amy is not your girl,and GOD forid she never will be. Sorry if it makes you sad and want to cry, but it's the truth!
If you don't stand up for something you will fall for Amything..lol
Faith in GOD will save you, not faith in Amy Grant Brian L.
Buck

AOL

#86 Jan 26, 2012
Brian L wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos for making a positive statement (even though it came right after one of your negative one). There is hope for you yet. Baby steps :)
Brian you have been taking baby steps far toooooooooooooo long!!
Grow up Brian L., start walking and talking like an adult if you want to hang around their comment boards.
Yeah Brian, believe it or not there is hope for you yet too!! lol
Buck

AOL

#87 Jan 26, 2012
Nothing_Sacred wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your FOA blinders off, Brian. I don't believe you are in FOA because you seem to know nothing.
I say "thank you" to nothingsacred, see Brian L. you don't have any of the adults fooled. Go to school Brian and learn bro!
and don't forget to take your shades off in classroom Brian..lol
Buck

AOL

#88 Jan 26, 2012
Everyone seems to have forgotten about "Mosaics"
And having Stella and Brian L. taking room for all their blah blah blahs doesn't help.
Okay, so getting back to Amy's book "Mosaics", it's on the disappointing side for one.
One bright reading is the story "The Deer", I have had similar experiences in life.
The poem "Aging" is something all can relate to as we grow older in this life.
The pages contained repetativeness of known things an AG fan was familiar with, like complete song lyrics (way too many). It was a far cry from another bio written in the mid 80's.
Amy's well of life's many many experiences that take up the pages is a little on the pitiful side.
Take away the credits and intros and it's not even 200 pages. The book writing took less than a year to complete for a 47 year span of Amy's life.
Like you hear at the end of a concert encore,
MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! ETC.
Mark My Word

Spring, TX

#89 Mar 1, 2012
All she did was take old articles and interviews, rehash them and reformat them and publish them.
There was very little new. I picked it up and read it a few times in a book store. It didn't move me to buy it.

She got duped by VG's simple aw shucks attitude to life. She wasn't there with him at the Grammy's. Something is not right. Even if she has to fly in and be on his arm for 5 min. to keep up appearances, she usually does. Did she finally say EFF IT?
buck

AOL

#90 Sep 10, 2012
OMG! GOD forbid Amy would say "eff it" lol
I mean she has displayed quite the christian role model to the world, LOL
You said it, something is not right, let's dig some more, lol.
Bedhead

Spring, TX

#91 Sep 10, 2012
Buck wrote:
Everyone seems to have forgotten about "Mosaics"
And having Stella and Brian L. taking room for all their blah blah blahs doesn't help.
Okay, so getting back to Amy's book "Mosaics", it's on the disappointing side for one.
One bright reading is the story "The Deer", I have had similar experiences in life.
The poem "Aging" is something all can relate to as we grow older in this life.
The pages contained repetativeness of known things an AG fan was familiar with, like complete song lyrics (way too many). It was a far cry from another bio written in the mid 80's.
Amy's well of life's many many experiences that take up the pages is a little on the pitiful side.
Take away the credits and intros and it's not even 200 pages. The book writing took less than a year to complete for a 47 year span of Amy's life.
Like you hear at the end of a concert encore,
MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! ETC.
Maybe that is why she didn't actually finish college. She would get an assignment and just half a$$
it like she did that book. I remember her life seemed to be an open book when married to Gary and her face was everywhere. I wasn't interested in her music or Gary's, but you couldn't help but be intrigued by all those little house on the prairie images, the pics of Riverstone, etc. Now, we come to find out it was more like The Shining or maybe Amityville Horror now that the facade and veneer have been pulled away. We were duped. No doubt about it.

And then to think they went and took some of those old articles like "The Deer" and put them into what is supposed to be somewhat of a memoir. They would have been better off making a Cherpumple or calling it that. That is when you take store bought pies of different flavors, cover with mixed up box cake mix, bake three layers, stack them and frost them. It looks pretty on the outside and looks like a train wreck when you cut into it.

Cherpumple by AG
buck

AOL

#92 Sep 10, 2012
LOL TX. isn't that how it really is in real life.
christians in particular, sad to say, look all pretty outside, but inside, stand back and away.lol
wolves in sheep's clothing everywhere!
Love

Spring, TX

#93 Sep 24, 2012
Buck, you are quite the digger.
I didn't know about the 10 million plus dollar home and
that's just one! Do you know what/who I'm referring to?

Eye of the Needle
Think on that one.
Love

Spring, TX

#94 Sep 24, 2012
And here's another:

The saying was a response to a young rich man who had asked Jesus what he needed to do in order to inherit eternal life. Jesus replied that he should keep the commandments, to which the man stated he had done. Jesus responded, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." The young man became sad and was unwilling to do this. Jesus then spoke this response, leaving his disciples astonished.
buck

AOL

#95 Sep 24, 2012
Love wrote:
Buck, you are quite the digger.
I didn't know about the 10 million plus dollar home and
that's just one! Do you know what/who I'm referring to?
Eye of the Needle
Think on that one.
LOUD AND CLEAR LOL another money bags hit the jackpot
buck

AOL

#96 Sep 24, 2012
see you in heaven TX
I AM SMILING REAL BIG!(grins too)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mosaic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Skaggs takes another turn on his musical ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 sunflower 1
George Wallace: 'I Be Thinking' (Apr '09) Apr '09 Church 1
Jesus Paid the Price; Why Keep the Law? (Jun '08) Aug '08 Stones 24
•••
•••

Mosaic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••