Spurlock lives on Navajo land for '30...

Spurlock lives on Navajo land for '30 Days' show

There are 8 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jul 8, 2008, titled Spurlock lives on Navajo land for '30 Days' show. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

FARMINGTON, N.M. Filmmaker Morgan Spurlock lived without running water or electricity during the 30 days he spent with a family on the Navajo reservation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

htlk

Flagstaff, AZ

#1 Jul 8, 2008
I have seen the previews for the show (FX-30 days), and nice to see a documentary, but questioned the scene where the Navajo Family held hands and danced around a tree. I wondered if that was a playtime for kids, because I have never been part of a traditional ceremony where family had to dance around a tree.
htlk

Flagstaff, AZ

#2 Jul 8, 2008
questionable

Since: Jan 08

Alamogordo,,now

#3 Jul 8, 2008
Sitting in the desert watching the sunset is good for the soul. Period.
how do you know

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 8, 2008
as a pagan and raised by a Cheyenne mother i see nothing wrong with dancing around a tree... its different therefore you scoff at it. we see a lot of things that christians do as silly also.

PUGSLEY

“Stargazer in her Snuggie”

Since: Dec 07

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jul 8, 2008
LandS wrote:
Sitting in the desert watching the sunset is good for the soul. Period.
As long as there's air conditioning and plenty of water.
Jus Sayin

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jul 8, 2008
how do you know wrote:
as a pagan and raised by a Cheyenne mother i see nothing wrong with dancing around a tree... its different therefore you scoff at it. we see a lot of things that christians do as silly also.
I did not hear scoff, I heard question. Possibly a question about authenticity of the program??? You don't have to jump so fast and condemn Christianity. I am not Christian, but that was a pretty fast bite at someone that may or may not even be Christian.

Since: Jan 08

Alamogordo,,now

#7 Jul 8, 2008
PUGSLEY wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there's air conditioning and plenty of water.
LOL, Yeah, that, too.....
As for the other poster, I do not see anyone critical...I think it is a good idea what Spurlock is doing..
if he has all the right intentions, then go for it.
madmom

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 Jul 10, 2008
I watched part of one of this series, where the minuteman for the border had to live with a illegal family from Mexico. While the minuteman had all the right points to be made, he made them the wrong way, with shouting, cussing and violent outburst all in front of younger children, Kind of negated the good he had to say. He made me so mad I didn't finish the show

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Spurlock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morgan Spurlock documenting wide range of subje... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Garlanda Goldwin 1
News Olmsted Falls district pulls video on Islam (Oct '13) Oct '13 Proud American 2
News Morgan Spurlock to aid fundraiser for children (Dec '10) Dec '10 bobbi 1
News 'The Simpsons' marks 450th episode with special (Jan '10) Jan '10 triple6vamp 3
News 'The Simpsons' marks 450th episode with special (Jan '10) Jan '10 thought_police 1
News 'The Simpsons' marks 450th episode with special... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Dan 5
News Network series 30 Days' focuses on Navajo cultu... (Jul '08) Dec '09 Native perspective 144
More from around the web