Storms Damages Tree Seen In `Shawshan...

Storms Damages Tree Seen In `Shawshank' | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 11 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 2, 2011, titled Storms Damages Tree Seen In `Shawshank' | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

MANSFIELD, Ohio - A storm has destroyed half of an oak tree that played a key role near the end of "The Shawshank Redemption." The 1994 movie was filmed in an around an old prison in Mansfield and the tree is where Morgan Freeman's character finds money and a note left by Tim Robbins' character.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Since: Dec 10

Little Hocking, OH

#1 Aug 2, 2011
The obvious thing to do would be to cut the oak tree down, dig the root ball up; and plant another oak tree.

Then put a plaque or sign near it, stating what had happened to the original tree; and that it was replaced by the same type tree.

Eventually, no one would know that the oak tree planted was not the oak tree from Shawshank Redemption.
Certified Arborist

Delaware, OH

#2 Aug 3, 2011
If the tree was so important then they would have payed to have it properly take care of. It appears to be hollow
boogie woogie

Powell, OH

#3 Aug 3, 2011
WOW! I did not know that. Poor Andy!
Duh

Marysville, OH

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Too bad about the tree, but we really have more important things to worry about right now.
Dan Gleesack

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 3, 2011
"Local convention and visitors bureau president Lee Tasseff called the damage tragic."
Tragic? Are you kidding me? A tragedy is hundreds of thousands of people losing their homes or getting swept away in a tsunami. A tragedy is an entire family dying in a house fire. But an old, rotten tree getting snapped in half by high winds is an every day occurance. Get over it, Lee. It's just a freakin' tree.
Kool Hand

Sunbury, OH

#6 Aug 3, 2011
If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here the rest of the night I swear by God and sonny Jesus you will all visit the infirmary. Every last mother fugger in here.
stache

Columbus, OH

#7 Aug 3, 2011
i was just there the day before that,was going to an overnight ghost hunt at the prison thursday night,stopped at the tree around 6:45 pm thursday,they day before this happened.
Paul

Tulsa, OK

#8 Aug 4, 2011
I had just rewatched that movie last week. One of the greatest films ever.
Mrs Nicely

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 4, 2011
Chop it down. Just a dumb tree.
Mrs Nicely

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 4, 2011
TatOwner wrote:
The obvious thing to do would be to cut the oak tree down, dig the root ball up; and plant another oak tree.
Then put a plaque or sign near it, stating what had happened to the original tree; and that it was replaced by the same type tree.
Eventually, no one would know that the oak tree planted was not the oak tree from Shawshank Redemption.
And do it at taxpayer expense! Liberal fool.

Since: Dec 10

Little Hocking, OH

#11 Aug 4, 2011
Mrs Nicely wrote:
<quoted text>
And do it at taxpayer expense! Liberal fool.
Mind your own business! Was I speaking to you? NO! I never once said a thing about doing it at taxpayer expense. The group up there that does the tours can afford to pay $20 for a oak sapling themselves.

And obviously by your last statement, you don't know a fool even when you look in a mirror! Because trees and other items of nature; are what gives us our oxygen, that is in the air! You dimwit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Freeman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Actor Morgan Freeman smears Tea Party as racist... (Sep '11) Jun '15 swedenforever 640
News Debbie Harry is Glasgow's most popular celebrit... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Ontario reads 1
News 'Lean On Me (1989)' Movie Review: Whatever it t... (Jun '14) Jun '14 fallopian 1
Me and Morgan Freeman (May '14) May '14 Brad_Elliot 1
News 'Shawshank' celebration coming to Ohio filming ... (Jul '13) Apr '14 marta 2
What is the title of the movie? (Mar '14) Mar '14 Tatang 1
News Giant Indian billboard tribute to Mandela uses ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Apparently 1
More from around the web