John Sununu backs down after 'own race' slur at Colin Powell's Obama endorsement - US politics live

Oct 26, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.guardian.co.uk

John Sununu, a top spokesman for Mitt Romney's campaign, provoked outrage with his accusation that Colin Powell's endorsement of Barack Obama was motivated by race.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Oct 26, 2012
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 26, 2012
 
Nobody doubts that except the liberal news media.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We all know that it would be a 'stain' on Powell if the first "black" president was sent packing after one term. Apparently he's doubling down and putting the last bit of his credibility on the line with this endorsement.
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

White, old, angry, archie bunker sununu. A son of cuba. Throwing stones. Imagane that.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

John Sununu was just as much of an a'hole when he was a senator. But this time the jerk is helping the Democratic cause. Colin Powell is 10 times the man that this little weasel is, and most of us know it.
BIG BIRD

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

radiofreeamerica wrote:
Nobody doubts that except the liberal news media.
Well, in spite of what you think, Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama because he believes in his ability, his performance, and his policies.
Would you say that Mitt Romney chose Ryan because he's white?
Come on .. give me a break! It's bad enough that John Sonunu is a stupid, bigoted, loudmouth idiot. Are you one too?
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sununu, like all of these Repubics are blatantly racist and/or women haters. Willard Romoney never says a word in response. HE MUST AGREE with THEM!!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

imaginaryfriend wrote:
Sununu, like all of these Repubics are blatantly racist and/or women haters. Willard Romoney never says a word in response. HE MUST AGREE with THEM!!
It depends who's listening.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BIG BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in spite of what you think, Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama because he believes in his ability, his performance, and his policies.
Would you say that Mitt Romney chose Ryan because he's white?
Come on .. give me a break! It's bad enough that John Sonunu is a stupid, bigoted, loudmouth idiot. Are you one too?
ATTENTION; RADIO FREE AMERICA:
Don't answer that.
i knee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 26, 2012
 
John Sonhuhu! ;-000000
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 26, 2012
 
BIG BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in spite of what you think, Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama because he believes in his ability, his performance, and his policies.
Would you say that Mitt Romney chose Ryan because he's white?
Come on .. give me a break! It's bad enough that John Sonunu is a stupid, bigoted, loudmouth idiot. Are you one too?
Are you suggesting General Powell supports high unemployment,a one per cent economic growth per quarter,a foriegn policy that has forced out pro-American leaders in favor of anti-American leaders in north Africa and the Middle East,a major scandal now rivaling Watergate in the highest levels of American government,a serious reduction of Medicare funding to Seniors,etc.,etc.?No.The General is too intelligent for that.He likes obamas race and maybe he wants a job in his administration.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••