What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10317 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10342 May 1, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE wants your guns.
How is all this paranoia working for you, sport?
paranoia is being created by people like Dianne Feinstein who is making people paranoid of gun owners.

Dianne Feinstein caught in a lie

jackson

Lexington, KY

#10343 May 2, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE wants your guns.
How is all this paranoia working for you, sport?
No one wants our guns NOW. I do, however, believe it is POSSIBLE there are those working their way up through our power structure and that it is POSSIBLE some of them might grow popular enough to gain sufficient power to create an oppressive government that would come after our guns.
That's NOT paranoia -- there were those who learned in our systems and then flew planes into towers. Bombs went off at the Boston marathon. These things happened by people who worked and lived and laughed among us.
America is a melting pot of many diverse cultures (as it should be). But it's impossible to tell who among us might be evil enough to do more. We simply have to allow for that possibility.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10344 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the only name I use on here. So you're ignorant and stupid.
I don't keep track of your aliases, dear: but this one is rather stupid.

Do you save the intelligent comments for another?

Location hidden

#10345 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you. I have a job.
I have a job, honey, I see if my supervisor will send you my schedule and you can approve of my hours and you can let her know you don't approve of the way I spend them at home in between running the rototiller and the tractor and today putting down the thinset.

Location hidden

#10346 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
How much of your life has been wasted setting here making over 60,000 comments?
I don't spend any time sitting on a bar stool like yourself, sweetie.

Obviously: they have wireless where you drink.

Location hidden

#10347 May 2, 2013
jackson wrote:
That's NOT paranoia --
Actually... it is.

What a shame 90 percent of Americans who insist common sense dictates there should be background checks have people like you insisting you'd rather risk selling firearms unchecked to felons because any day now- after 245 years- the government is going to swoop in and take guns and enslave the entire population.

Paranoid.
Lars Vilks

United States

#10348 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually... it is.

What a shame 90 percent of Americans who insist common sense dictates there should be background checks have people like you insisting you'd rather risk selling firearms unchecked to felons because any day now- after 245 years- the government is going to swoop in and take guns and enslave the entire population.

Paranoid.
There are background checks stupid

Location hidden

#10349 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

The Brady Act requires that background checks be conducted on individuals before a firearm may be purchased from a federally licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer—unless an exception applies. If there are no additional state restrictions, a firearm may be transferred to an individual upon approval by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) maintained by the FBI. In some states, proof of a previous background check can be used to bypass the NICS check. For example, a state-issued concealed carry permit usually includes a background check equivalent to the one required by the Act. Other alternatives to the NICS check include state-issued handgun purchase permits or mandatory state or local background checks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Handgun_Vi...

Gun Show Background Checks State Laws

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/safety-just...

just think the states that have made the national news here recently all have state background checks at gun shows and private sales.

Location hidden

#10350 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't universal background checks.

And you have a pubic hair stuck between your teeth.

Location hidden

#10351 May 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
I can walk over to my neighbor's house right now and sell him my shotgun and don't have to ask him if he is a felon, or why the sheriff surrounded his house last week with deputies dressed in black and carrying bullet proof shields.

Legally.

Location hidden

#10352 May 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
just think the states that have made the national news here recently all have state background checks at gun shows and private sales.
They don't AnalOriface.

Why not go back to school and learn to read before posting here?

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#10353 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>Typical Liberal liar.
Correct!

ALL Liberals are liars, that is WHY they are Liberals.

Like all criminal are idiots that is why they are criminals.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#10354 May 2, 2013
Many to loose hours and become part timers due to Liberals "bright" idea of Obamacare.

Location hidden

#10355 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can walk over to my neighbor's house right now and sell him my shotgun and don't have to ask him if he is a felon, or why the sheriff surrounded his house last week with deputies dressed in black and carrying bullet proof shields.
Legally.
I wouldn't just walk over to my Neighbor's and sell him one of my guns I prefer the proper way of transferring gun ownership and that way its recorded.

Location hidden

#10356 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't AnalOriface.
Why not go back to school and learn to read before posting here?
hey barefoot2626 the AnalOriface why don't you go back to school and learn to read before posting here Topix which would be to your benefit and you might learn something about subject matters that you currently have no clue about and is why you post nothing but lies and Total BS on here daily on Topix and why no one takes you serious.
Lars Vilks

United States

#10357 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>There aren't universal background checks.

And you have a pubic hair stuck between your teeth.
You're too stupid to know what a background check is, stupid

Location hidden

#10358 May 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't just walk
We've already established you as a liar, AnalOriface, and what you would do or might do or really do is of no consequence: clearly, if you do not require background checks for private guns sales (and you lied about it already)- it is legal to do so without background checks.

Pay attention.

Location hidden

#10359 May 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>hey barefoot2626 the AnalOriface why don't you go back to school and learn to read
I know you are but what am I?

Fourth grade, AnalOriface?

Location hidden

#10360 May 2, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to know what a background check is, stupid
Actually: I lobbied for background checks at my local county (my tax dollars) fairgrounds before there was a state-wide law- going back 20 years.

I know (or knew) quite literally every line of our state law because I was to some degree responsible for the creation of the state law.

It takes a very stupid person to pretend background checks aren't needed for private sales.

Location hidden

#10361 May 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
why no one takes you serious.
Anyone who has $3 can take you from both ends, AnalOriface.

But whatever floats your boat, I say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr Richard 50,961
News By the 'seat' of my pants (Sep '12) 18 hr Marine Corp Pat 95
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) Mon Povertys traitors 27
News Obama vows FDR-level effort to repair economy; ... (Sep '12) Apr 30 Swedenforever 14
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) Apr 30 Three Days 31,992
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) Apr 30 Three Days 115
News Candidates' wives provide a reality check (Feb '12) Apr 30 Antebellum 4
More from around the web